This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that reminds me..i still need extras when it comes to the part of the oil lamps that holds the wicks...and 3 of them do need replaceing..

Thanks for the warm welcome in the states. Everything is going pretty smooth.

Im bidding on a nice Mossberg 500 12 gauge with a couple of barrels and different stocks right now. Probably gonna pick it up monday or tuesday. Also preparing for an ice fishing trip tomorrow.

Last edited:
Not really needing anything I guess this year is book buying year, the Wife started purchasing my favorite books that I grown up with. I gave her a list the first of January and so far she got me these;

1920/1914 'camplore and woodcraft' and 'Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties' by daniel beard

1945 'Wildwood Wisdom' by ellsworth jaeger

1952 complete 9 book set 'bushcraft handbooks' by richard graves

Not really needing anything I guess this year is book buying year, the Wife started purchasing my favorite books that I grown up with. I gave her a list the first of January and so far she got me these;

1920/1914 'camplore and woodcraft' and 'Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties' by daniel beard

1945 'Wildwood Wisdom' by ellsworth jaeger

1952 complete 9 book set 'bushcraft handbooks' by richard graves
Hard copies are going to be a lot easier to use without electricity.

I picked a bunch of kale from the garden and put it into the dehydrator, then pulverized it in the blender. The smell during dehydrating was kind of a weird green smell, which my wife didn't appreciate much. I'm trying to find a way to get the nutrition from the stuff without feeling like a rabbit.:). I'll try some of the powder as a seasoning in my next batch of spaghetti, and will let you know what I think.

So yesterday i tried ice fishing for the first time in my life and im hooked, no pun intended). Compared to all the other styles to fish this one is so simple. All you really need is a very basic rod and an auger. Both cheap and a one time buy. Even though i didnt catch a trophy i would have fed the family. Im also having an interview today at a place that has a hige gun shop close by. Im planning on stopping by afterwards...

here's a lil some thing i got from someone yesterday.a hand crank flashlight/am fm radio..and a whistle match case compass and signal mirror
DSCN0969.JPG

We have gone through 2 of those flashlights that you hand crank with the radio in them. They always seem to get banged and the crank breaks off. My daughters last one was just a radio and she broke that one not paying attention one day. I plan on getting a few extras to hang onto for that just in case moment however I will have to hide them from kids and hubby

yeah that they are..we also have a eton /am/fm/weather band radio with flashlight.so we both can have a flashlight and a radio on hand at all times dureing a power outage as well..

well today i got 4 oil lamp burners for my oil lamps that need them..but as it turns out,they'll fit only one oil.so i'll be looking for the ones that has the smaller screw on connection for the other 3 lamps..got 2 good used tires for the van.

Latest posts

Back