This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added some more T.paper and Paper towels to my stock pile. I

That's a great idea, and something that can store in a non-climate controlled place. Same with cleaners. Would be good things to store in the garage.

Went for a 3-mile hike with my new BOB and was extremely dissapointed to find out that it is very uncomfortable on my neck and shoulders. I really liked that bag too, not too mention its 130 bucks down the drain. I'll probably try to sell/trade it and get something back for it but it's still darned frustrating. I was really happy with the way I had everything laid out in there. Oh well, looks like tomorrow I'll be checking out military surplus stores in San Antonio to see what I can find. No more ordering bags without trying them on first for me.

For may years I have use various size backpacks from expensive to not so expensive and the failures I have experienced so I knew what I was looking for in backpacks and almost always had to modify all the straps for one reason or another though I've become very disappointed in the past several years in backpack regardless of brand and expense, anymore it's a given that be adding a second sternum strap and adding additional load adjusters and compression straps, my BOBs are generally in the 70-80L range and the loads are not light though way in range of the load weight capacity. I also use a fishing vest with a large pocket in the back that I slip foam in that can be adjust as needed. I don't order online anymore because I want to look at the straps up close and the zippers in particularly if the shoulder strap is a full wrap or just stitched to the top of the bag.

Pictures of loved ones. What a great idea!
So, you can say, "Have you seen THIS person?" instead of a description. Nice.

(from an earlier post)

That's a great idea, and something that can store in a non-climate controlled place. Same with cleaners. Would be good things to store in the garage.

Depends on if they will freeze in the garage. I had cleaners on the back porch last year and lost most of it the bottles all busted. I keep an extra spot under the sink in the kitchen for all of my cleaners, The bathroom under sink area gets filled with bleach, and perfumes. Why perfumes??? Do we really want to smell peoples bad body stench when the crap hits the fan?? I figure I can trade it for food, or maybe even ammo. Of course though we will still smell them coming after that, it just will be a better smell. :D

We made it to america. Everything went smooth and without any complications. Well, we were prepared :). And a shout out to lufthansa airline, that made our journey really pleasant and hassle free. Due to the jet lag im wide awake at 2 am now. lol
welcome to the worst winter they had had is a while! Seriously, glad you made it safely.

Glad you and your family made it smoothly :)

make your new country proud of you :D

Welcome Marv. I love Lufthansa, was always my favorite airline when I traveled more (i.e. pre-Internet).

Depends on if they will freeze in the garage.

Not in FL.... lol.

Well I am starting to make some extra money to buy some extra things needed for this following year, so I guess that is this weeks preps. I also got some of the yard cleaned up this past week and plan on starting to figure out this years garden if I can keep the chickens out lol

2015 is the year to buy prepps that may be limited or banned by big Gov 2016 is a election year so such stuff as ammo , magazines with over 10 rd cap and other stuff will be grabbed up , shelfs empty prices soar . If the election goes left then thoes items will truly be threatened .
There may be mention of bans on some surplus items and evan MRE'S . Im not sugesting panic buying but look at this type stuff you may want for your prepps and see if you can swing them this year .
Me and the Wife are organizing our pantry in the kitchen and I have found a old Chip rack from a grocery store made back in the 70's out of heavy galvanized steel to set up in our storage room . It will make a easy to organize storage space where you can see whats there .

have an somewhat adequate level with my food, TP is on the shopping list for tomorrow.

I deboned a turkey, cooked it down, and am about to can some more turkey broth. I let it cool some in the fridge and scrape the fat off before canning. I have a big pot so should be about 18 pints stored. I also bottled half of the 30 gallons of this years muscadine wine. I wish I had finished but got tired. Seventy five bottles today, and mayby the last 75 next weekend. This year I got 250 bottles between the Concorde and muscadine grapes. Not a bad addition to the preps. As it could be a good trade item one day. I'm going to try and finish sealing the outside of my root cellar this weekend, as I really need a good place to store all this stuff!

i bought 6-1 gallon jugs of water yesterday,at 68 cents a gallon..i have a window table in front of one my bedroom windows.and thats where i have the water.on account theres a devider going from one end of it,to the other.and that'll keep other items from doing damage,or what ever to the jugs..but i do need lots n lots more jugs of water thoe..

yeah this coming week I plan on getting another 10 gallons of water. I figure that I have plenty of under the bed space, and it would be good to put some under there. I like having the rain barrels and the filters on them, however having some water inside the house is always a must.

i still need to build a rain catchment system..but im putting the in the house water first..this way we'll have that for when ever there's no running water.like frozen pipes for a day or 2..

Yes, true, and around here we have county water so if the power goes so does the water. This is why I enjoy having that extra water in the house. If a big storm comes, I wont have to go outside and get it from a barrel.

just hope I'll have electricity the whole night,they actually gave a warning about a possible power-loss due to the storm that should hit us here during the late evening and night, lets see,have candles,flashlights and a oil-lamp...

Latest posts

Back