This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
We indeed are moving to the states. For my wife it will be a move home to america, for me a whole new adventure. The next couple months are going to be crazy. Our container is already gone, my last semester college started, my last of four final exams will be two weeks before our move.
First final will be in the beginning of december, second a week later. Third at the end and the fourth (two day) exam will be mid of january. In the meantime im working fulltime as an hvac technician and have a toddler running around.
No time for laziness or boredom. Lol.
My motto is if you ain't moving fowards, then you're moving backwards. What area are you moving to?

I fry 1lb of hamburger, a med onion and drain. Fry some chopped cabbage in it and add a good bit of soy sauce, dump in the seasoning packet from a couple Raman noodle packs and stir in the boiled noodles. It's a ten minute dinner that I've had more compliments from than meals I've spent hours on! I call it the lazy mans beef lomain. Those little noodles are really flexible in lots of dishes. I wonder if anyone has ever made a Raman cookbook?
Believe it or not yes, they do have a Raman noodle cookbook. I saw it while checking out at the grocery store a couple months back. I almost got it for one of the sons since he loves them so much.

I planted two types of peppers, bell and Serrano. The bells are producing great, and the seranos are just starting to produce. I have allready gotten enough seeds from the bells for next year, and have flash frozen enough of them to cook with over the next year. The peppers, tomatoes and okra are all that's left of the summer plants. I tilled and replanted everything else. I haven't tried bat guano, but the rabbit pellets and chicken manure are great too. I am still a novice at gardening, but am truly having a ball learning, and eating from it.

My bell peppers didn't do as good this year out of 6 plants two produced keepable bell peppers generally it's the hot peppers I have a problem with though I'm not complaining

My Isis Candy Tomatoes, perhaps some of the best tasting tomatoes to grow, for better growth I always plant wild flowers in between my tomato plants!

photo 1b.JPG
photo 2b.JPG

Send us a picture! I had posted that I just got a compound bow too, but due to a shoulder injury recently I got the medium pull one as I didn't want to stress the injury with the strongest one. Still haven't tried it but am excited to. I really like the idea of it being simple and repairable. Do you hunt or is this just for protection? Also, what is the bow made of?
I am an avid bowhunter and plan to hunt as much as life permits. Excalibur bows are a polymer stock and aluminum rail. It's a very solid design. Unless a limb breaks there isn't much that can go wrong with it. No cams to keep in tune. Much lighter as there is no supporting cables and pulleys. The string is supposed to last 1500 shots. So far I have been shooting out to 60 yards with great accuracy.
20140907_185016.jpg

Believe it or not yes, they do have a Raman noodle cookbook. I saw it while checking out at the grocery store a couple months back. I almost got it for one of the sons since he loves them so much.
Darn, we missed our chance to become famous! I may actually buy it if I ever see one.

My bell peppers didn't do as good this year out of 6 plants two produced keepable bell peppers generally it's the hot peppers I have a problem with though I'm not complaining
This is the first time I've ever grown any hot peppers, and it looks like I'll have the first ones in a week or so. Bells are pretty easy to grow here. I think I'm learning that it's not so much what I do as which plants are suited to my soil and conditions.

I am an avid bowhunter and plan to hunt as much as life permits. Excalibur bows are a polymer stock and aluminum rail. It's a very solid design. Unless a limb breaks there isn't much that can go wrong with it. No cams to keep in tune. Much lighter as there is no supporting cables and pulleys. The string is supposed to last 1500 shots. So far I have been shooting out to 60 yards with great accuracy. View attachment 3559
Someone at work was just telling me about a cocking assistance device. My crossbow is a bugger to pull back so I'll look into it. If I do decide to hunt I think I would use the crossbow over the compound as it's almost like shooting a gun. I'm still hesitant to hurt an animal and it run off to die, where the rifle tends to be quick and over in a second. I know there's a big difference between good at paper targets and a live animal. I'll practice a lot more before trying it. Great looking bow. I didn't know about the strings short lifespan. I guess I need to look into a replacement for mine. I've had it for several years anyway and time probably degrades it too.

Someone at work was just telling me about a cocking assistance device. My crossbow is a bugger to pull back so I'll look into it. If I do decide to hunt I think I would use the crossbow over the compound as it's almost like shooting a gun. I'm still hesitant to hurt an animal and it run off to die, where the rifle tends to be quick and over in a second. I know there's a big difference between good at paper targets and a live animal. I'll practice a lot more before trying it.

I bought 2 N95 mask at wal mart today..anyone know if they at least know if they at least help protect from ebole some what or not??
All I know for sure Jim is if/when we get a case of it over here, you won't be able to find a single mask on the shelves. Now is a good time to get some of those and some disposable gloves. A few gallons of bleach is probably a good idea too. Those masks may not be the best out there, but are shure better than nothing.

better to get some masks now... ever thought over the possibility to combine an ebola outbreak + some muslim terrorists..gee that combination would suck...

well ..as ya know i got 2 from walmart..but i do plan on getting a package of them when i have the money...

better to get some masks now... ever thought over the possibility to combine an ebola outbreak + some muslim terrorists..gee that combination would suck...
Unless we dropped an Ebola bomb on the muslim terrorists. Now there's a solution.

Latest posts

Back