This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got home from running errands today, hunny said he got a call from the oldest son. He lives in a relative small, close net community, but because they are close to the beach see quite a bit of tourist come thru. He said that he has seen a lot of blacks in his community demonstrating and have been hearing gun fire. This is highly unusual! He actually went out a bought his wife a gun. I'm all for that even when there isn't civil unrest. She knows how to use one and a pretty good shot so I'm not worried at all. Been here target practising plenty of times. I do find it sad though that she "feels the need" to have one on her at all times for saftey reasons. This was an area they would think nothing about leaving their door unlocked while driving their golf cart down to one of their favorite restaurants. Times are definitely changing right now. Oldest son was talking about the defunding police. . . How will be ever be able to sell his home if he ever decided to.

Replaced some of my ageing tactical and work clothing, Soft shells in black or grey, cargo pants, polos, Bought 2 pr more approach shoes, new shemagh, BB caps, gloves. Need new belts and shades. Struggling to source antibiotics as previous source has dried up. Three of 4 vehicles fully serviced and checked out, fourth one needs new gearbox .

Replaced some of my ageing tactical and work clothing, Soft shells in black or grey, cargo pants, polos, Bought 2 pr more approach shoes, new shemagh, BB caps, gloves. Need new belts and shades. Struggling to source antibiotics as previous source has dried up. Three of 4 vehicles fully serviced and checked out, fourth one needs new gearbox .
At the beginning of this virus thing I did the same thing. For me tactical means blue jeans and pocketed shirts. Basically I thought about if the world changed dramatically what would I need? So I have enough socks and under-ware, a new chest freezer, new washing machine, yard tools, had the tractor serviced, loads of toilet paper and paper towels and loaded up on freeze dried foods as well as fully stocked the pantry. I do need some more sneakers now that I think of it.

I installed the 8 solar panels on the Ground mounted racking that I put in earlier. I also got the inverter in at last. Now I just need to wire everything together. This project has taken the backseat to our work load lately, but It did feel good to move forward on it today though. I do still need to get the DC disconnects And overload protections. Hopefully I will have everything done within a couple weeks. This system is going to be one of three. This first part will run half of my house, and the next one will be just dedicated for running the well. Then I will probably roof mount The second house system.

I think I have a broken water line somewhere. Our system will only hold water to the house for about 30 minutes. I've got over a half mile of buried water lines so the leak could be anywhere. I'll make some calls tomorrow and see if I can find someone to come out and start digging up the lines. Or I might just put in a new well and new water lines.
Even worse it snowed most of the day today!

I think I have a broken water line somewhere. Our system will only hold water to the house for about 30 minutes. I've got over a half mile of buried water lines so the leak could be anywhere. I'll make some calls tomorrow and see if I can find someone to come out and start digging up the lines. Or I might just put in a new well and new water lines.
Even worse it snowed most of the day today!
I can’t even imagine snow right now! Sorry about the leak. There are leak detectors that can find where the underground leak is. I imagine your lines are buried deep and I don’t know how deep they can read though. Not a DIY tool but a decent sized plumbing company should have one.

I can’t even imagine snow right now! Sorry about the leak. There are leak detectors that can find where the underground leak is. I imagine your lines are buried deep and I don’t know how deep they can read though. Not a DIY tool but a decent sized plumbing company should have one.
My lines are buried 5 feet deep. I don't know if the ground needs to dry out first. We normally don't have much rain/snow or mud I'm June. I'm going to make a phone call now to our plumber.

My lines are buried 5 feet deep. I don't know if the ground needs to dry out first. We normally don't have much rain/snow or mud I'm June. I'm going to make a phone call now to our plumber.
Wow, I buried my lines here about 1 foot. I love the scenic beauty of where you are but that cold is tough to live in....

That's going to be quite the project. I can't imagine snow this time of year. It's getting to nearly 100 degrees here.

I got some new stuff for my preps for my birthday. One thing is a new backpack for my edc. It's slightly bigger than my current one but the design is better so it holds quite a bit more. It has the same one-shoulder design though which I prefer because it's easier to access.

Worked on the solar yesterday. Made all the battery cables with crimped ends. Was short one crimp so ordered another pack. Also ordered the DC breakers for the whole system. I will get the panel today for the ac circuits that supply the appliances I want to run in the house, along with a ground rod. It’s slowly coming together here. Solar was a big part of this years prepping plans, and also an interesting science project.

Am pretty motivated with getting this solar setup operational. I installed the breaker panel I got today and connected it to the inverter. I went thru our scrap pile and got a large metal enclosure we changed out on a job and mounted it in the area with all the solar parts. I will install the two charge controllers in it with breakers both before and after them. Things are just safer in metal cases in case there is ever a short. Even though my house is insured I really wouldn’t want to loose it to fire.... I was also able to find all the wire I needed to connect everything together too. I love being able to recycle and reuse as much stuff as possible.

New waste water system getting installed over the next 2 days. Damn EU and their regulations. I only make soapy water waste but they won't let me just run it through the flowerbed. Now I have to have a pump and a big filtration system. I will modify it so i can bypass the system if needed, just in case the electric stops or we have a SHTF situation.

New waste water system getting installed over the next 2 days. Damn EU and their regulations. I only make soapy water waste but they won't let me just run it through the flowerbed. Now I have to have a pump and a big filtration system. I will modify it so i can bypass the system if needed, just in case the electric stops or we have a SHTF situation.
Our septic regulations are a pain too. Once they are done inspecting you can do whatever you need to do. Just consider what types of soap you use as some are high in salt and other things that are bad on gardens.

I buried the conduit going out to the solar panels and pulled the 4 pairs of wires through it and hooked up the grounds to the ground rod. I’m as far as I can get until the last stuff from amazon gets here. Frustrating.... I did manage to get two ceiling fans changed out in my bedroom. One died and since they were a matching pair I had to change them both. Also managed a swim in the pool during the heat of the day. Overall a good day.

Today was a very good day. Every couple of days we've been bringing a truck and trailer load of stuff home from storage. But what made today so wonderful was a couple of these boxes contained liquor. Bottle after bottle of top shelf Scotch, bourbon, vodka, Absenth and cognac. And another box contained wine. Its been in storage for 5 years so I'll try some out tonight and see if it's still good. Just need to find my humidor and cigars now.
We also found 5 tv's and 6 DVD players. But the idiots that packed our stuff didn't put the remotes or cables in the same boxes.
I've got an excavator coming out later this week to start digging up water lines to find the leak. I'm pretty sure that I've got it narrowed it down to 4 possible locations, over about 1,000 feet of pipe.
I've got an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully he can find out why I'm not healing so well.

Latest posts

Back