This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned about the tool when I got a flat on a brand new tire and the tire shop said they could not repair it, due to liability reasons. Fixed at home, worked great, lasted as long as I had the car. Like most of my stuff, oldest son has it now, along with most of my tools.
Most shops don’t like to plug tires anymore but will patch from the inside. Too much liability from a flat at high speed.

Most shops don’t like to plug tires anymore but will patch from the inside. Too much liability from a flat at high speed.

The tire shop refused to plug or patch, said it was a new tire or nothing. I said pass and got the tool and fixed it. i also learned a hard lesson on those low profile tires. If you run over a nail, by the time you feel the flat, the tire is already ruined. You cannot pull over fast enough before the damage is done. I will never again own a car with low profile tires.

The tire shop refused to plug or patch, said it was a new tire or nothing. I said pass and got the tool and fixed it. i also learned a hard lesson on those low profile tires. If you run over a nail, by the time you feel the flat, the tire is already ruined. You cannot pull over fast enough before the damage is done. I will never again own a car with low profile tires.
I never understood lowering a car or those low profile tires. I can understand the rednecks lifting a truck and putting bigger tires on it. They can go more places off road. But when a car is lowered you can’t go over a speed bump without risking damage.

Last night I fell asleep in my recliner. Around 3 am the damn chair fell over backwards and folded up on me. I had a hell of a time getting out of that death trap. When I got the light turned there was blood all over. I cut the back of my hand pretty bad. Not sure on what though. Worse thing is the dang dog never woke up while I was flopping around trying to get out of that chair.
You just never know what's going to bite you in the ###, or when.

I never understood lowering a car or those low profile tires. I can understand the rednecks lifting a truck and putting bigger tires on it. They can go more places off road. But when a car is lowered you can’t go over a speed bump without risking damage.
Lowering the car, I agree, but low profile tires get better grip on the roads, different thing. But you are right they don’t last as long and are more prone to problems like rim damage when you hit a pothole. I know from personal experience...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night I fell asleep in my recliner.
Went to the cellar to get a bit of noodles and a jar for cough syrup. Walked up the 2 steps, slipped and fell back into the second cellar, landed on the step with my backbone, busted my elbow on the floor, and smacked my head too. Could not get up without worrying about rolling into the broken glass and using the busted elbow... just laid there and was calling my wifes name the 20 or so minutes till I wormed my way away from the glass and could stand up again...really do not understand how anyone can fall down the steps while walking UP THEM...Dang, I`m getting old.

low profile tires get better grip on the roads, different thing
Funny, I cannot even change the tires on my car. There is only one size and profile allowed for me to buy and run on the thing. It is such a seldom vehicle, they do not even make the electronics for it anymore, I can only get them from wrecked cars. Love it, but it has its problems too.

The low profile tires were on my sport car. Got rid of the sports car and the tire problems. Got too old to be climbing into those low slung sports cars. Next vehicle will require a step stool to get into. LOL

Got rid of my car and went over onto a panel van, far more useful and easier to get in and out of, Sounds like we all should be shipped off to the granny farm :)

Went to the cellar to get a bit of noodles and a jar for cough syrup. Walked up the 2 steps, slipped and fell back into the second cellar, landed on the step with my backbone, busted my elbow on the floor, and smacked my head too. Could not get up without worrying about rolling into the broken glass and using the busted elbow... just laid there and was calling my wifes name the 20 or so minutes till I wormed my way away from the glass and could stand up again...really do not understand how anyone can fall down the steps while walking UP THEM...Dang, I`m getting old.
Glad you were able to get up. . . Could have been much worse. Hope the backbone, elbow and head are ok too.

The low profile tires were on my sport car. Got rid of the sports car and the tire problems. Got too old to be climbing into those low slung sports cars. Next vehicle will require a step stool to get into. LOL
I’ve kind of always wanted a 69-72 corvette. No that I can actually afford one that is the reason I haven’t got it. Between being low and having to climb in it and the AC wasn’t very good in it. Now I’m more interested in comfort and capability.

Funny, I cannot even change the tires on my car. There is only one size and profile allowed for me to buy and run on the thing. It is such a seldom vehicle, they do not even make the electronics for it anymore, I can only get them from wrecked cars. Love it, but it has its problems too.
Hope nothing more than your pride was seriously damaged!

When you are 5’2” it isn’t difficult to get into low cars...you are pretty much there! However, they aren’t practical for prepping. My daily driver is a 2002 Miata, my more practical vehicle is a Toyota Corolla hatchback...

When you are 5’2” it isn’t difficult to get into low cars...you are pretty much there! However, they aren’t practical for prepping. My daily driver is a 2002 Miata, my more practical vehicle is a Toyota Corolla hatchback...

Miatas are cool little cars and fun to drive, but agree there not great for carrying a 2nd bag of groceries! There are lots of clubs for them around here. I see groups of them driving together in the mountains with 30+ cars together. They definitely obtained a cult status.
Of course this was pre covid times....

Hope the backbone, elbow and head are ok too.
Thanks lady, funny Helena said she was hearing me calling in the back of her head, but did not realise she needed to go down and help me. She promised to follow the calling notions the next time...telepathy is cool.

Glad you are okay. Couple months ago I got out of bed one morning and the world started swimming. I fell and hit the large oak bed table beside my bed. Hubby grabbed me up and carried me to the car and we were Emergency room bound. Ended up with a concussion and after tests determined that I had vertigo. Woke up next morning to 2 black eyes and the entire side of my face black and blue. Still get dizzy if I stand up too fast or turn my head too quickly. I now have a walker with wheels that I use when I start getting dizzy. Now that garden season is upon us Hubby has threatened to put all terrain tires on my walker. Talk about feel old. Stay safe

fter tests determined that I had vertigo
I was getting into an 18 wheeler in the driving school where I was the boss in Stuttgart in April of 2017. As I was getting in, I hit my head on the roof of the door jam, I blacked out and only got caught by the other instructor. Jammed my neck, went deaf in the left ear, ripped off the bone protrusions off of my 4th lumbar vertebrae and had epileptic spasms for 8 months, lying on the floor for up to 6 hours at a time...after 2 years of taking pain pills they found out about the vertebrae and operated. That was a year ago now as of April 2020. Dizziness is scary, you have no control anymore and I am too heavy with 200 lbs. for my 120 lb wife to hold...she just threw a blanket over me and left me on the floor till I could get up by myself again a few hours later...no problems since Jan. 2018 but still have no drivers license yet. Working on that again in May.

Latest posts

Back