This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have any chiggers here, not sure what they are even.
Imagine if the devil was smaller than a pin-head, and loved to bite you and suck your blood burrowing it's head into your skin like a tick. And itching worse than anything else ever. Now imagine dozens of those all over you up under your clothes and everything. That's what chiggers are.
Trombicula-autumnalis-adult-mite.jpg

We don't have any chiggers here, not sure what they are even. I've only seen a hand full of mosquitoes, and only around the water troughs, and have only found 1 tick on the dog in 4 years. What we do have in abundance here is yellow jackets, hornets and rattlesnakes. We eat outside a lot until late summer when the yellow jackets get too thick. I do all the cooking outside on the barbeque or in the smoker.

Chiggers are a type of tiny mite . They inject an enzyme into the skin and feed off the decaying tissue. They itch like fire. Here in Tn we have all of the above. Lots of ticks mosquitoes and both rattlesnake and lots of copperheads (snake).

the chiggers were so bad on the yard of the last place i lived once.i had to get out there and spray the yard.tree's and the outside of the house with insecticide to get rid of them.i even sprayed the driveway for good measure. its paved with grass and weeds growing in spots.

Imagine if the devil was smaller than a pin-head, and loved to bite you and suck your blood burrowing it's head into your skin like a tick. And itching worse than anything else ever. Now imagine dozens of those all over you up under your clothes and everything. That's what chiggers are.
View attachment 10180
Ok you can keep them. Now it doesn't seem like our yellowjackets and rattlesnakes are so bad.

Last edited:
That’s horrible! And possibly evil... fried chicken wings are one of the greatest things in life! I’ve never liked the ones dripping in sauce though. It’s a shame to mess up a perfectly fried piece of chicken...
Never been a big wing fan myself. But my wife is.

View attachment 10180

I hated chiggers more than anything, I started wearing pantyhose when I gone hunting in the South when I lived their.

Latest posts

Back