This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made actually a helmet cover too,though I could have bought it for around 5 euros,still have canvas left,maybe I'll do a bandolier for my 10/22 25rnd mags

Picked up more blastic bins / storage totes from Costco to put preps away in, bought more canned food and batteries.

i just looked at a add for true vaule store.in which they have a 92 quart footlocker on sale.im thinking of getting 2 or 3 of them..

Foto0490[1].jpg ,okay as my back pack is of model ;generation old,and I had time,so I made those pads to cushion my oh so sensitive shoulders ;)

FINALLY finished the bunny habitat, and they just love having so much room! (converted one of our stable stalls to a bunny habitat for our 3 bunnies).

Entering into the stall:

mms95img-2054880701.jpg

FooFoo and Damon getting reaquainted....

mms_img-821577902.jpg

Example of how each has a little burrow and ramped shelf.

PART_1451850525723_DSC_1486.jpg

Feeder/Water station (can feed/water all 3 bunnies from this one access point), as well as toss in hay, etc. to each.

mms95img-821577902.jpg

FINALLY finished the bunny habitat, and they just love having so much room! (converted one of our stable stalls to a bunny habitat for our 3 bunnies).

Entering into the stall:

mms95img-2054880701.jpg

mms_img-821577902.jpg

Feeder/Water station (can feed/water all 3 bunnies from this one access point), as well as toss in hay, etc. to each.

mms95img-821577902.jpg
Looks real good and practical.

Thanks! Best of all, did it all with spare lumber and fencing we had, didn't have to buy a board. All I really had to buy were the fixtures (hinges, handles, latches, etc.). I should still have enough fencing to do the fence around the garden area too. (just need to get a small gate, and a few more wood posts).

Have to start my rabbit hutch this week, will be using some leftover steel i have, trying to keep costs minimal. Don't want to make the hutches to big, need to be transportable when the time comes. Will post some pics as i progress. Really like the square fencing you used, the stuf i can get my hand on here is much to big, so for now i will be using chicken mesh.

The square fencing (1 inch wire grid) is great, but I only had a little bit of it. Eventually, I'll run some of it along the bottom of each pen, so it can accommodate little ones too. But, my bunnies were big enough for the chain link I had, to work.

Try and get some REALLY good strong chicken wire though, because eventually, bunnies WILL get through it (I know, as the hutches I had were of it, and I had to constantly repair it).

you ain't gonna have only 3 rabbits there if you let nature do its business ;)

we ended up with a box of these some how.youngest brother and his family gave us a tote of foods.so im thinking it was in it.any how,heres what im doing.im taking the pencil shaveings and rich lighter pine chips.and mixing them togeather for fire stater.then putting it into the baggies..i'll also have just pencil shaveings in some.and just rich lighter pine chips in some..i also have dryer lint and other stuff saved up for firestarters in which i'll use the baggies for that as well..
2016-01-04 003.JPG 2016-01-04 001.JPG 2016-01-04 002.JPG

Entering into the stall:

mms95img-2054880701.jpg

mms_img-821577902.jpg

mms95img-821577902.jpg
Great job! I know you put a lot of planning into it!

FINALLY...made some progress on getting our rain water roof collection system installed and going. Got the hole dug for our 2500 gal. poly tank (but the blizzard hit before I could get the tank in the hole :( ). The hole is 3 feet deep which puts the ground level at the 1000 gal. mark. That leaves 1500 potential gallons above ground that will be able to gravity flow, keeping accumulated sediment levels far enough below that to not be a problem...mostly. When the snow melts, we can get the tank in place and start on the first flush diverter and primary filtration.

That's awesome Rob!

Well, with the fencing left over from the bunny project, should be enough for my garden fence, so hoping to start on that and finish this month. I was going to go buy a $70 gate, but after how easy it was to make doors, I think I'll just build a gate instead (can't believe I never thought of that before). I just need to get an old fridge and tractor attachment hauled off and prep the ground for it.

All of the fencing will be great for a trellis too, for certain crops. Most of what I want to grow can be planted now through Feb or Mar, so I need to get on it quick. I try and automate as much as I can to minimize the work needed. After all, we work day jobs, so the ranch is really more of a side project. Eventually, I want to use water catchment and gravity for the soaker hoses. (for now, there is a faucet pretty close to the garden, so...)

I have seeds, but I'll start with plants from my local produce stand where I can. I had already bought soaker hoses months ago when they were on sale.

Next gardening step is to keep an eye out for the trees I want to plant this year (navel oranges, apples (two different trees for cross pollination), avocado, banana, lemon/lime hybrid (yep, they make such a thing, had one when I was a kid), pear, cherry, and coffee (yep, it's a tree). I know of varieties that all work in my area. I may not have the $$$ to plant them all this year (I want to start out with ones that are at least about 3' tall), but trying to spread it out.

these might not be a prepp.but i sure love the price.i went into town for a couple of items. stopped at the local feed store just to see if they have any styrofoam covers for outdoor faucets.,and with the intention of getting just 1 for a outdoor faucet we have.in which i got 2 for free instead..i love days like this..

2016-01-12 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back