This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we don't purchase Christmas gifts (we make) the grand kids made me a walking stick out of our aspen, the little one's etched and burned a full wilderness scenery into the wood :) not very noticeable in the picture so took a close up.

View attachment 5071
View attachment 5072
Handmade items are so much more meaningful to me as well. Great looking stick!

Got back from the BOL yesterday.
uploadfromtaptalk1451302122729.jpg

was to the police today and showed my mosin to them,with the purchase papers.
he was extremly interested in that rifle,checked many books looking for those markings on the barrel etc,it has a stamp on the barrel (SA) meaning it was "confiscated" from the russkies and added to our strength.

i finally got 3 arrows.1 aluminum.and 2 carbon ,1 pack of 3 small game tips,and 1 pack of 12 practice tips..i've already gone out n shot 2 of them.bow and the arrows shoot better then i though :p

View attachment 5082 View attachment 5083 View attachment 5084
Wear a glove! I couldn't believe how sore my fingers were after shooting just a little bit! It is a lot of fun though, and I got reasonably accurate pretty quickly. I'd probably starve to death if dependent on my archery skills, but prefer my chances with it over throwing rocks anyways :confused:

have anyone of you watched the tv-show dual survival??
a heck of alot good info and "easy" things to help you get through hard times.

Wear a glove! I couldn't believe how sore my fingers were after shooting just a little bit!

yeah.that is deffently next in line.right along with 2 parts for the bow.in which they allow for better acrocy..1 part goes onto the bow,and the other part goes onto the bow string..

have to take a trip downtown tomorrow,despite new years eve ( not gonna party) and buy me some canvas,a little project named ;make your own bandolier or many ;)
have a machine and the skills so lets make a few :)

have to take a trip downtown tomorrow,despite new years eve ( not gonna party) and buy me some canvas,a little project named ;make your own bandolier or many ;)
have a machine and the skills so lets make a few :)
Pics when complete please.

will do my friend,just pondering wether to use buttons,velcro or snap fastners.
that bandolier in it self shouldn't give any troubles..

will do my friend,just pondering wether to use buttons,velcro or snap fastners.
that bandolier in it self shouldn't give any troubles..
Go old school, buttons less can go wrong and easily replacable in the long run.

Foto0487[1].jpg Foto0488[1].jpg Foto0489[1].jpg ,as promised,here it is,took 2 hrs to make from first scissors cut to last snap fastner,next one will be with buttons,maybe I'll make a helmet cover too.
it would take less time if I hadn't been thought to make certain things by my ex,which I truly appreciate,but the look is great due to those things.

back after a long hiatus.

Have been building up my stores. Got the missus liking Mountain House food, she calls them my private stash :p

more canned food, rice, set aside ... I have sufficient aquatabs for 200L of water and a sawyer water filter. Have been buying trekking gear and the likes too.

Now to spend 2016 on picking up skills and learning how to recognise edibles near my home and the reservoirs.

Happy new year all!

Since we don't purchase Christmas gifts (we make) the grand kids made me a walking stick out of our aspen, the little one's etched and burned a full wilderness scenery into the wood :) not very noticeable in the picture so took a close up.

View attachment 5071
View attachment 5072
Sorry I am late Mav. . . that is a beautiful walking stick that the grandkids made! I know you will cherish it forever. . .maybe that is just the sappy Nana coming out in me. I tend to do homemade myself normally. Made a quilt and crocheted a blanket for granddaughter but with working more hours outside the home with my 'real' job and taking care of mom and MIL the kids got bought gifts this year. I did come back home with another sewing project. A kiddo needs curtains for his RV and that is no problem at all. You are a lucky man to have the family you have.

Sorry I am late Mav. . . that is a beautiful walking stick that the grandkids made! I know you will cherish it forever. . .maybe that is just the sappy Nana coming out in me. I tend to do homemade myself normally. Made a quilt and crocheted a blanket for granddaughter but with working more hours outside the home with my 'real' job and taking care of mom and MIL the kids got bought gifts this year. I did come back home with another sewing project. A kiddo needs curtains for his RV and that is no problem at all. You are a lucky man to have the family you have.

Years ago my Grandmother knitted me slippers every year and I worn them out, to this day I can't bring myself to discarding them, she passed in 1981 ;) Yes I am very Blessed with my Family, besides someone has to keep me straight :)

Latest posts

Back