This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned to trap when I was about 7 or 8 from an old man that trapped for the area ranches. I got a few small traps and started catching digger squirrels, then muskrats and moved up from there. Blacksmithing is a skill that I'd like to learn more about. Way back in my career I worked as a welder/fabricator, pipefitter and iron worker, so I learned a lot of the basics. Now I'd like to expand on that knowledge.
If you were a welder/fabricator, pipefitter/iron worker then you know everything you need the rest you can easily learn. after melting and softening points and metal combinations and welding all that is left is feel.

if you haven't already learned the skill of First-aid,do that,it can truly be a life saver,I'm too living in the burbs,only good luck is the sieze of my town and that we have lots of forrest around here.

I hit a few deals again today. Federal 12ga slugs for $1.99 instead of $5.99 a box at gander today. I bought 5 boxes.
uploadfromtaptalk1442084266152.jpg

A local surplus store is going out of business and has good deals going on. Bought that smith and wesson knife set for 20$ instead of 30, a brown shemagh, exactly like the one i lost in the desert, for 10$ and a paracord bracelet for $1.

uploadfromtaptalk1442084342091.jpg

Packing and loading the trailer today. Made some side boards for the trailer yesterday, to keep things from sliding around. Hope to have the trailer loaded this week. This load will just be my tools, camping, fishing and trapping supplies. Got a lot of stuff to sell too. My next move will be in a pine box!

if prepping is cartoons and movies then yeah.
Camping trip may be a good idea, take the movies and games with the first few times, plan it well, fishing, hiking all the outdoor activities, start small, dont moun about the movies and games play and watch with. It may or may not get them hooked, but at least give it a try, you never know?

Packing and loading the trailer today. Made some side boards for the trailer yesterday, to keep things from sliding around. Hope to have the trailer loaded this week. This load will just be my tools, camping, fishing and trapping supplies. Got a lot of stuff to sell too. My next move will be in a pine box!

You taking the ferry down to these parts?, when I help my brother move out of Alaska, we gone through Canada on the first trip since we didn't have firearms that trip though the second trip we took the ferry that was nice unfortunately when we declared firearms our vehicle was off limits to us for the duration of the trip... we should have packed more food in the packs :-/

You taking the ferry down to these parts?, when I help my brother move out of Alaska, we gone through Canada on the first trip since we didn't have firearms that trip though the second trip we took the ferry that was nice unfortunately when we declared firearms our vehicle was off limits to us for the duration of the trip... we should have packed more food in the packs :-/
Its a little complex. The company I worked for shipped almost everything down by barge to Seattle and then trucked it all to the Midwest. It was the best deal that I could negotiate. I did move 1 trailer load of personal items south through Canada. Now I'm taking everything from the Midwest to our place out West. Shipping the guns south was no problem, but I had to hirer another trucking company to ship the ammo. The sad thing was I had to leave all my reloading powder and primers up north. Did I ever mention that I hate moving?

I finished the new work trailer this weekend! Yeah! It's done except for some stain on the deck (a couple weeks to dry out a little) and two new tires as these are a little dry rotted. I've never had a ladder rack on a trailer before, but it seemed like a good idea to have more carrying capability/space. I just always like moving fowards on preps and projects. The pipe on the second trailer is for a ladder rack for the work truck, starting next weekend.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Camping trip may be a good idea, take the movies and games with the first few times, plan it well, fishing, hiking all the outdoor activities, start small, dont moun about the movies and games play and watch with. It may or may not get them hooked, but at least give it a try, you never know?
really good advice!

i got a friendly reminder of the importance of water this last friday.the line going from the main water line to the meter,had to be replaced.in which we were with out running water for the better part of the day.i already had 12 store bought 1 gallon jugs of water.and 5-1/2 gallon jugs that tea and apple juice came in. i only had to use 3 gallons for the toliet..but yet,they did come in very handy..so i'll defently be buying more jugs of water every chance i get..

We`ve got a 5000lt water tank thats filled from a bore hole, we keep it topped up 2 to 3 times per week, if rationed it should last bout 2 weeks in case we have a national electricity grid failure, we are not planning on sticking around to test the theory. we also have friends in the area with solar pumps in case that amount of water runs out.

i've been thinking of a water tower and/or a rain catchment system of some kind.but,they'd stand out like a sore thumb in a knitting class in a shtf situation if i did..the ponds and creek on the property is to far from the house for it to be reasonable for me to run plumbing.so i need to look into a well..

i've been thinking of a water tower and/or a rain catchment system of some kind.but,they'd stand out like a sore thumb in a knitting class in a shtf situation if i did..the ponds and creek on the property is to far from the house for it to be reasonable for me to run plumbing.so i need to look into a well..
You can bury the tank underground for the water catchment system no sorethumb sticking out.

Getting a good filter is as important as storing water. I have storage for at least a couple weeks of drinking, but like anything else, it will run out eventually. I've got 3 filters, but the best one is a berkey. It's a one gallon stainless canister with three ceramic filters on the bottom. It's just gravity feed, so no power needed. You can bucket creek or pond water into it and safely drink it. The filters are scrub able to get years of use out of it. I think a good filter is as important as any of the other prepping supplies. I also have a life straw and a bottle filter for backups. Never underestimate the importance of safe drinking water. I can bathe and flush toilets in creek water, but for drinking and cooking you need it bacteria free.

Yup, we have two British Berkfield filters using the top range ceramic / silver candles, plus spare candles set as spares

Getting a good filter is as important as storing water. I have storage for at least a couple weeks of drinking, but like anything else, it will run out eventually. I've got 3 filters, but the best one is a berkey. It's a one gallon stainless canister with three ceramic filters on the bottom. It's just gravity feed, so no power needed. You can bucket creek or pond water into it and safely drink it. The filters are scrub able to get years of use out of it. I think a good filter is as important as any of the other prepping supplies. I also have a life straw and a bottle filter for backups. Never underestimate the importance of safe drinking water. I can bathe and flush toilets in creek water, but for drinking and cooking you need it bacteria free.

Latest posts

Back