the AR 15,,,here we go

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO you can't have enough ammo, just don't keep it all in one place......

I have a new rifle coming and I have only 16rds for the gun,,,that will not do,,,,20ga ammo will always be around but 223 may get to be scarce so I would like to have at least 100o rds on hand for it,most of it will still be here when I die

Speaking of boxes of ammo... lol

YEARS ago, when we were little kids, my friends dad did some car work for a guy, who traded him an "Egyptian rifle" and a bunch of "hot" rounds for it of unknown origin, suspected hand loads.

It is this rifle:
FN493327Rifle.JPG

This thing is a shoulder destroyer. I have fired it until the front of the stock was putting off smoke! The oil will literally come out of the stock and make it slippery.

Whatever these rounds are, they just look like regular rounds and I don't know how to tell if it's a handload or not they look no different. But no one else will shoot the gun lol. So my buddy has like 8 or 9 ammo cans in a back room, that will be there when we are all long dead.

This is the only gun that has ever actually bruised my shoulder, a big black and blue swath from laying on top of a pickup and having that metal buttplate just eat my shoulder alive. The men that toted these over hill and dale, and fired hundreds of round in battle were just tough, I can't believe it sometimes. I don't think my AR would hurt my shoulder if it was belt fed!

This things takes stripper clips, so I suppose it wouldn't be affected by any ban. But let me tell you, after doing it a few 20 times, you can get bullets in there fast if you don't care about the side of your thumb. How many guns like this are unregistered, sitting in back rooms, and storage units in the US? Bans wont work.

I am with you mine is not going anywhere in fact I think there is going to be a increase in cost because of all the shootings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I may buy 2 or 3 more,,,,,,,,,,,,money in the bank
Yep. Everyone should do this, in lieu of all this BS.

Speaking of boxes of ammo... lol

YEARS ago, when we were little kids, my friends dad did some car work for a guy, who traded him an "Egyptian rifle" and a bunch of "hot" rounds for it of unknown origin, suspected hand loads.

It is this rifle:
FN493327Rifle.JPG

This thing is a shoulder destroyer. I have fired it until the front of the stock was putting off smoke! The oil will literally come out of the stock and make it slippery.

Whatever these rounds are, they just look like regular rounds and I don't know how to tell if it's a handload or not they look no different. But no one else will shoot the gun lol. So my buddy has like 8 or 9 ammo cans in a back room, that will be there when we are all long dead.

This is the only gun that has ever actually bruised my shoulder, a big black and blue swath from laying on top of a pickup and having that metal buttplate just eat my shoulder alive. The men that toted these over hill and dale, and fired hundreds of round in battle were just tough, I can't believe it sometimes. I don't think my AR would hurt my shoulder if it was belt fed!

This things takes stripper clips, so I suppose it wouldn't be affected by any ban. But let me tell you, after doing it a few 20 times, you can get bullets in there fast if you don't care about the side of your thumb. How many guns like this are unregistered, sitting in back rooms, and storage units in the US? Bans wont work.

This Egyptian rifle is a Hakim. It was based on a Swedish design, and the Egyptians chambered it for the 8mm Mauser round.

It sees spotty service even now by partisans and terroristsin places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc..

The rifle is very accurate for a semi auto and is easy to reload, but it does have a reputation for being unreliable and ifor frequent malfuntions.

I believe it saw front line service in the late 40s to the 1950s, but I could be wrong.

Did I get the wrong picture?

The rifle was (still is, he still has it) an FN 49, chambered in strangely enough .30-06. It wasn't in grade A condition when he got it, and he did like a home blueing job on it. It's...ok looking.

It's really small, but still fairly heavy. I never understood why an Egyptian model FN would be chambered in .30-06, never made sense.

If you ride the front of the bullets when you load the clip, they splay out and it doesn't work well, and if press down right at the back they go in really slick but the stripper clips are sharp.

If I didn't have the AR, I would try to get it, but then it would just sit around at my house never being used, so...

I've never heard of a Hakim, I will look it up.

Squirtgunsquirter , Which squirt gun is your favorite, do you like the Nerf super soaker Zombinator, Super Soaker Max Infusion Flash Flood Water Blaster or maybe the STR 75 Saturator Uzi Water Blaster?

Nope, you got the picture right. And Egypt did order some of these, but in 8mm Mauser. I think the 30-06 version was for the Belgian Military, Luxembourg, Belgian Congo, and Colombia. Browning imported a few to the U.S. in 30-06 commercially but they had checkered stocks and rollover cheekpieces. Venezuela bought them in 7mm Mauser, and Argentina bought them in 7.65mm Mauser.

The rifle was (still is, he still has it) an FN 49, chambered in strangely enough .30-06. It wasn't in grade A condition when he got it, and he did like a home blueing job on it. It's...ok looking.

It's really small, but still fairly heavy. I never understood why an Egyptian model FN would be chambered in .30-06, never made sense.

If you ride the front of the bullets when you load the clip, they splay out and it doesn't work well, and if press down right at the back they go in really slick but the stripper clips are sharp.

If I didn't have the AR, I would try to get it, but then it would just sit around at my house never being used, so...

I've never heard of a Hakim, I will look it up.

I was wrong about the model of rifle, and should have looked up details before running my mouth (or keyboard) and making myself look stupid.

Mea culpa.

This is a Hakim.

Egyptian-Hakim-IMG_89981.jpg

Interesting piece of trivia about the Hakim. The swedish engineer who developed the design was a founder of the 70's pop group ABBA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back