Polar Vortex

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a foot of snow yesterday and it's still snowing this morning. I worked on opening the road last night until 8 PM, and I'll be back on the plow again this morning. It's just normal here in winter.

Good to hear that you are okay. How about the others?

Here, we just have bombings and strafing by men on motorcycles, typical day hahaha

Good to hear that you are okay. How about the others?

Here, we just have bombings and strafing by men on motorcycles, typical day hahaha
I'd rather deal with the snow and cold. Seen enough of that crap in Afghanistan.
Just got home from dropping the wife off at the airport. It's close to zero (ambient) right now. Had high winds while I was gone and the road drifted over. Will be plowing again in the morning.

I'd rather deal with the snow and cold. Seen enough of that crap in Afghanistan.
Just got home from dropping the wife off at the airport. It's close to zero (ambient) right now. Had high winds while I was gone and the road drifted over. Will be plowing again in the morning.

Be careful, I heard driving in the snow and sheets of ice can be really dangerous.

Some of my prepper (filipino) friends there had just hunkered down in their houses with their supplies and partied (we filipinos love to find a reason to party haha).

In college, we had some really nasty winter weather, and I just hunkered down and waited out the weather, not driving unless absolutely necessary.

I sold a car so a friend from Taiwan who had never driven in winter weather. Despite my urgent warnings, he decided to drive it out of town during an ice storm. He slid off the road into a bridge abutment the day after buying the car. Fortunately he was OK.

In college, we had some really nasty winter weather, and I just hunkered down and waited out the weather, not driving unless absolutely necessary.

I sold a car so a friend from Taiwan who had never driven in winter weather. Despite my urgent warnings, he decided to drive it out of town during an ice storm. He slid off the road into a bridge abutment the day after buying the car. Fortunately he was OK.
I usually make it to and from work in a average snow or any necessary trips but I stay parked in a ice storm .

Any one else notice now the 'climate change' wackos are out in force trying to defend it? The 'vortex' has taken a big chunk of credibility out of there claims and they're trying to minimize the damage.

Have you noticed how they always talk about weather going back to the 70's? Not the 50's, not 100 years ago, but the 70's. That's because everyone talked about 'global cooling' back then because we were at a minimum. So comparing anything to that looks hotter. Go back to the 30's when we had the 'dust bowl' and everything was hot. Oh well.

Just got the road open, kind of. I might be able to get my Jeep out but I don't think I'd make it back in. There's about a half mile that drifts over really bad so I could only guess where the road was. The snow was up to the top of the hood on the tractor, and I just plowed yesterday.
Got the chicken coop, generator building, pump house and the firewood dug out. In places the new snow was up to my shoulders.
Had to climb up on the roof to shovel down to the satellite dish.
Much of our fencing is covered over with snow too.
They're calling for another 2 feet of snow between tonight and Monday, and more snow everyday until the 23rd.

AD,

I really feel for you. Global Warming is really going to make your life... easier?

Just today I was talking with a east-coaster (former CA guy!). He was trying to tell me how climate change isn't weather. Uh huh. I didn't argue with him. I didn't even bother telling him I disagree. No point to trying to have an intelligent conversation including facts with a brain-washed zombie. I don't think he even caught on that I thought he was FOS. He was too wrapped up in admiring how he was the smartest guy in the room. I changed topics, conversation went on.

Latest posts

Back