National 'Lockdown' coming

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My job is considered "essential" so I'll still be expected to work. I'm not too worried about virus transmission because we work in-home with the elderly (rather than in a nursing home setting) and healthcare workers are required to use good infection control and hygiene at all times.
I will be honest that things are crazy (crazier than normal) and it's already starting to wear on me. Two of my employees quit today because they are leaving town (college students moving back with their parents). That's on top of 5 last week. Does anyone have any good stress-relief ideas (other than wine???)
A lockdown is scary for me because too many don't have what they need and will be breaking curfews to procure it. . . I am trying to help people I know, especially elderly in my church, etc. who are already "locked down" for all intents and purposes.

From your post you sound like you are taking on too much responsibility for things you cannot control. It is NOT your fault people are quitting. Stop with the guilt or the stress will make you sick. Prayer does wonders when you turn it all over to the Creator, funny movies which causes you to laugh, certain scents will de stress you, calming teas work too.

I’m doing the same in my neighborhood. Helping those who really should not be out of their house.

Type 1 diabetes is going to be real tough if the brown stuff really hits the fan. Type 2 can really cut back on carbs, my current course of action. I have enough meds for many months but figured better to start now vs. after I run out. I will have to restock my test strips.

Good planning UP. I had read years ago in Adkins book about Type 2 Diabetics actually doing so well with Adkins that they didn’t have to take meds. So get an accurate carb reference and keep those carbs under 10 per day.

Good planning UP. I had read years ago in Adkins book about Type 2 Diabetics actually doing so well with Adkins that they didn’t have to take meds. So get an accurate carb reference and keep those carbs under 10 per day.

The carb reference is a really good idea. It has been many moons (years) since I used a carb reference. My last annual test was a complete shocker, so now the wife and I are concerned about my carb count. As to keeping my carb intake under 10, my current target is to keep them under 100. I have to admit I got very careless and relied on my medication to keep my glucose level under control. Very bad idea. i will have to look up the Adkins diet and see what I can do better. Thanks for the reminder, GeorgiaPeach.

You must have enough water. Get more water stored while you can. Large plastic garbage cans will hold a lot of water. If you don’t have filters, just put drops of NON scented bleach...the original kind. It is safe to use. Who knows if the public water will go off, but it has a good chance of being just fine.

Why can’t you get medical supplies for her?
They are having a hard time filling prescriptions. The insurance won’t approve anymore at this time. We were able to get one small sample pack today but that’s the best they could do. I dropped the ball because everything we have stored are high carb stuff I intentionally did that because I know hi carbs will keep you going but it was in a rush, not thinking about her condition at the time I was gathering food.

Last edited:
They are having a hard time filling prescriptions. The insurance won’t approve anymore at this time. We were able to get one small sample pack today but that’s the best they could do. I dropped the ball because everything we have stored are high carb stuff I intentionally did that because I know hi carbs will keep you going but it was in a rush, not thinking about her condition at the time I was gathering food.

When preparing it is hard to stock protein. Very understandable. The President invoked the Defense Production Act, which he is going to use to get drugs we so desperately need made here. So there is strong hope he can resolve the mistakes of years of politicians. Grab some Spam type products if you get the chance.

Diabetics, read this.

https://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2018/06/tea-made-with-brazilian-bees-helps.html

Summary: in Brazil, most people drink 'bee tea' to manage their diabetes, and a scientific test a year or two ago showed it was more effective than pharmaceuticals. Take 10 bees & put them in the freezer to kill them. Crush them in a mortal/pestle. Put them in a fine bag, and dunk this like making tea (hot water). Drink before a meal. Search for "bee tea diabetes" for more links.

One more reason to be a beekeeper. They can save lives that you want to save, and they can take lives that you want eliminated.

Diabetics, read this.

https://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2018/06/tea-made-with-brazilian-bees-helps.html

Summary: in Brazil, most people drink 'bee tea' to manage their diabetes, and a scientific test a year or two ago showed it was more effective than pharmaceuticals. Take 10 bees & put them in the freezer to kill them. Crush them in a mortal/pestle. Put them in a fine bag, and dunk this like making tea (hot water). Drink before a meal. Search for "bee tea diabetes" for more links.

One more reason to be a beekeeper. They can save lives that you want to save, and they can take lives that you want eliminated.

This is extremely valuable and interesting. Never heard about this. My husband has been researching bee keeping for a few months, but we don’t have any yet. Do you keep bees? If so, have you found it to be a challenge?

Yes, I'm a beekeeper. And it is very challenging. 4 out of 5 new beekeepers fail to keep their bugs alive, and this is with a queen who can lay 1000-2000 eggs per day. And as soon as you think you've 'got it figured out', disaster hits. Difficult? Yes. Very enjoyable? Absolutely. And worthwhile. Keep in mind, I keep 100% Africanized colonies. So they are much more durable/rugged/survivors, and much more deadly to me (but more importantly more deadly to others who don't know how to deal with them). But this is a conversation for the animals part of this forum.

When preparing it is hard to stock protein. Very understandable. The President invoked the Defense Production Act, which he is going to use to get drugs we so desperately need made here. So there is strong hope he can resolve the mistakes of years of politicians. Grab some Spam type products if you get the chance.

Stocking protein: I grew up on a farm in Hurricane country. A tip I learned actually from my mother. The queen of all preppers and she never even knew it. Anytime there was a hurricane out there. Even then you usually had a couple days notice. She knew the most vulnerable and valuable of her stores was that meat in the freezer. SO she would drag out that big pot and start canning. Soups, stews,chilis and gumbos. Chicken in broth and beef in broth. Homemade instant meals that she could just open, warm and feed her brood of 5 children (and usually half the cousins and neighborhood). To this day I still do that. My food consists of long term stores, medium term stores and my freezer I consider my most vulnerable short term food and fresh stores. When I can those meats and soups those vulnerable short term stores are rotated to the medium term stores usually with a shelf life of atleast a year or two. It also frees up space to refill that space with newer food thus rotating food while providing instant heat and eat preteins. Just a thought.

People are lining up trying to buy guns here in some parts of California, but are being told that they can’t but guns or ammo

Since wifey and I are living apart until I fully retire later in the year, she became concerned about the whole issue and she just purchased a handgun.

During this moving process, I have my firearms (all long guns) stored with one of my sons so I might take her leads and either purchase anther firearm or pickup one at my sons the next time I am by his place. Also need to check my ammo supply. It is very limited. As I understand wifey picked up around 500 rounds to he new "toy".

Diabetics, read this.[/QUOTE

I have been watching the developements with the diabetes discussion, I learned from some books here in Germany from Hildegard von Bingen. She was very well rehearsed in using the things nature provides us with to combat many health problems. One of them was to take 10 leaves from misteltoe, chop them a bit and put them into a liter/quart of fresh water. Not chlorinated/florinated from the faucet. Well water, spring water or good quality bottled. After 3 days you can start drinking the water in little gulps and finish the liter in 2 more days. Keep a continous circulation of several quarts of freshly made and finished product on hand. The berries of the mistle toe are known to be poisonous for humans but not the tea from the leaves...GP

I get all my water from the door of the refrigerator, LOL. Best water filter I ever had, and I have had many water filters. Tap water here is unpalatable to me...and my wife too. But the refrigerator filter makes it taste great.
I use a berkey and the fridge filter. Same, I won’t drink tap water anymore. I tested the water from both filters and they showed 0 ppm’s. I like having two or more options of most things. I am on well water now but still have city water on the property. I was going to shut it off but again, I like having multiple options.

It seems I am a lone wolf in my thinking that you don't close an entire state for one death.

I think there is a totally different reason for all of this panic.

There is a virus and I am hunkered down with the family, but there is something much more happening.

Whew, I finally said it.

I googled several German newspapers. The numbers are growing but very slow, total lockdown back on 28th of Feb. The japanese are VERY obedient people and follow directions to quarantine. All schools were closed early and it is working. Italy and Germany both waited too long, thinking they were NOT third world countries and it would not be sooooo bad. BIG mistakes as we are now seeing...we just got our lockdown last night a 8:00 pm. and there are still cops having to go and break up parties of teenagers in the now empty school parking lots...(I always thought that schools were needed and used to make the next generation a bit smarter???)

Latest posts

Back