Motivation required!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 'Sauce Master II' Food Strainer that is a wonderful tool to have in the kitchen for making pear sauce and pear butter. . . . that's what I have around here. Apple trees produce pretty good and I normally can those for pies if I can get enough from the squirrels who like them too. . . I cut the pears in half, throw in a big pot and cook them till soft. Run it thru the food strainer, which is hand cranked and it separates all gunk (seeds and peels) and I am left with only 'sauce'. Also comes in handy for salsa and tomato sauce, ect.

I have never canned milk in something. I have done it by itself though. When I was milking Betsey, wasn't really wanting to make cheese that day and my freezers already had around 12 gallons, so I opted the canning. Only kept it a few months so not exactly sure on the shelf life of canned milk. I would think around 6 months. Have read up to 18 months, but I wouldn't want to chance it that long.

I have a 'Sauce Master II' Food Strainer that is a wonderful tool to have in the kitchen for making pear sauce and pear butter. . . . that's what I have around here. Apple trees produce pretty good and I normally can those for pies if I can get enough from the squirrels who like them too. . . I cut the pears in half, throw in a big pot and cook them till soft. Run it thru the food strainer, which is hand cranked and it separates all gunk (seeds and peels) and I am left with only 'sauce'. Also comes in handy for salsa and tomato sauce, ect.

I have never canned milk in something. I have done it by itself though. When I was milking Betsey, wasn't really wanting to make cheese that day and my freezers already had around 12 gallons, so I opted the canning. Only kept it a few months so not exactly sure on the shelf life of canned milk. I would think around 6 months. Have read up to 18 months, but I wouldn't want to chance it that long.
With home canned stuff I too usually stay on the safe side of expirations. I looked at the soup and as it cooled it thickened back up and looks ok now. Either way I'll eat it all thru winter if it tastes good. I've heard of people canning butter too, but have not found a recipe for it. Seems like the heat would just seperate it. The ball book is great, but I'd love to find a better, or bigger canning reference book.

Take a family photo with the inscription below or above the family portrait 'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

The 'Sign' is the family! thus the reason why you do this, no greater motivation than family period, as to the meaning of In Hoc Signo Vinces (In This Sign Thou Shalt Conquer) The phrase was first standardized by Constantine then later adopted by the Knights Templar. That phrase is your battle cry when you feel down and begin questioning yourself.

Latest posts

Back