I think there's a coup going on in Haiti....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jontte They are the losers that do not want to fight for their rights in their own country. They want to leach off the USA. I am for closing all of our borders and shooting any illegal invaders. Since they do not enter properly, they must be foreign spies and are subject to the death penalty. Now I bet that would slow down the illegal entry problem. Get caught and you are tried for spying, not just deported.:eek: I kinda like that concept. Being tried as a criminal (spy), there is no catch and release. :D LOL

And we can say this is just a continuation of an Obama policy... killing people from an unmanned drone.

In this case, it's likely just temporary, to secure the exit of US interests.

On different blogs and twitter feeds, there are even reports of armed gangs roaming around beheading folks. Who knows how much of it is legit? Either way, not the place to be right now. I personally think this whole deal is getting the complete sanitation treatment in the news outlets.
I would not doubt it. rocks, oil on the roads, gun fire. We need our folks out of there. Did you see those emergency alerts from the embassy?

Didn't know about this program. Definitely a must do if you are going out of country SmartTravelerEnrollmentProgram
A SERVICE OF THE BUREAU OF CONSULAR AFFAIRS
U.S. Department of State

This irritates me.

We can fly our politicians all over the world so they can shake hands and get some pictures taken, but we can't blast a C-130 full of Marines over to Haiti to pull our people out?

We going to wait for another Benghazi? I could care less who they are or why they are there. Shelter in Place should be Pop Smoke For Evac.

I can see a reason not to evac right now. Consider, in Bengasi it is a country where most of the people hate the US. Significant risk of large-scale assault and the gov't there would have no motive to help our people.

I don't think the Haitian people hate the US. Yes, they hate the Clintons, but they don't hold that against Americans in general. If this is a coup, neither side there wants to make an enemy of the US. Our people just need to stay in place & wait this out. Less danger than running the roads right now.

The poor hate the rich and Americans are considered rich by comparison. Envy and jealousy does breed violence when not properly contained. When the rioting starts, few stop to ask the nationality of the victims.

I get it, but I dislike the wait. And I see it as... How to put it...

Disrespectful.

You put one American in a convoy of up armored SUV's and armed to the teeth former special forces doorkickers, and you tell the other one to put the kids in the bathtub and don't answer the hotel room door.

Should be the same. American citizen. Problem? We take of it.

Not reality, but having been in some crappy situations overseas, I feel for the people in the hotel listening to the guns popping off.

I can see a reason not to evac right now. Consider, in Bengasi it is a country where most of the people hate the US. Significant risk of large-scale assault and the gov't there would have no motive to help our people.

I don't think the Haitian people hate the US. Yes, they hate the Clintons, but they don't hold that against Americans in general. If this is a coup, neither side there wants to make an enemy of the US. Our people just need to stay in place & wait this out. Less danger than running the roads right now.
Why can't a ship arrive and heli them out? I don't see any reason to wait. For what? For the big bad wolf to be right at the door, almost too late by them. People do nutsy things when there is civil unrest, mob mentality, who ever is in the way just gets run over.

Latest posts

Back