Hurricane? FL?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually when you read the fine print in your policy it states that if your area is at risk for any specific type of disaster then it’s not covered. Like flood, earthquake, hurricane, etc

Ya it stipulates in my policy but practically all the insurance companies have the same fine print in this state, I can get better insurance unfortunately they ain't license to operate here, mainly my insurance is for fires, that is the most pressing dangers, earthquakes isn't a major threat to the property other than land-locking us but we are situated just fine for that, fires and volcanoes are a big question-mark both depending on winds for the most part.

Ya it stipulates in my policy but practically all the insurance companies have the same fine print in this state, I can get better insurance unfortunately they ain't license to operate here, mainly my insurance is for fires, that is the most pressing dangers, earthquakes isn't a major threat to the property other than land-locking us but we are situated just fine for that, fires and volcanoes are a big question-mark both depending on winds for the most part.
Wow, I thought floods and earthquakes were bad. I’ve never seriously thought about a volcano before! So much for sleeping soundly, lol

Wow, I thought floods and earthquakes were bad. I’ve never seriously thought about a volcano before! So much for sleeping soundly, lol

I got two that flank me, ones already blown and the other one is still an active stratovolcano and more violent than Saint Helens, the cone on Mt. Adams has been building for 520,000 years, it's one of the longest living mountain in the Cascades.

Mt. Adams

1280px-Mount_Adams_3503s.JPG

I got two that flank me, ones already blown and the other one is still an active stratovolcano and more violent than Saint Helens, the cone on Mt. Adams has been building for 520,000 years, it's one of the longest living mountain in the Cascades.

Mt. Adams

View attachment 9069
Wow, that’s beautiful, and kind of scary!

If You need another reason to prepp and be self sufficient check out some of the crimes happening in the shelters from this storm .
It's a bad scene down there where it was hardest hit and a preppers place could be destroyed in the storm too but if You live on the coast then prepp for it. Government shelters do not look appealing to Me .
That being said We are moving into tornado season here in the mid South .

When people are told to evacuate and don't then after the storm they complain of not having water and food that kind of mentality pisses me off, officials have been saying for two days before the storm hit, you will have no electricity, water and the roads may be impassable for days, weeks and months, help may not arrive for days. After being warned and one chooses to stay their then they created there own plight. It makes it extremely hard to feel sorry for them.

‘We need answers’: Florida residents increasingly desperate for food and shelter

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/wor...-residents-increasingly-desperate-for-food-3/

"They only have food for about a week"

"“We have no water or power,” said Amber, a Panama City resident"

“We have no idea what do,”

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/10/11/hurricane-michael-survivor/

Storm surge is not something to mess with. Yes the beach is nice to visit, but not live year round, unless you have a concrete home that can withstand that kind of thing. But then you would also have to have everything you would need to live in your own for at least a month to be on the safe side. My heart goes out to them, just because that is the way I operate, but I also can not understand why they would stay living on the coastline if they lived in a traditional home or without protecting their provisions. That would just be commonsense. Especially with all the news coverage about hurricanes and what they can do. Pictures have been shown for years now so there is no excuse. Yes I deal with hurricanes and refuse to leave, but I am also 30 miles inland.

@DrHenley Your picture is worth a 1,000 words. Proper building methods and the building is still standing. Hopefully new building codes will be implemented to help mitigate these types of disasters in the future.

I thought I saw where Mike Huckabee had a house that He weathered the storm in built near the coast where the storm hit .

He was, I think it was little bit further east than Mexico Beach, his house is built to withstand hurricane force winds, i'm not sure about surge but he was their when i came a shore, several of his neighbors stayed their because of how the house was built but he wasn't in the evacuation zone reason he stayed. He was talking about it on foxnews.

Latest posts

Back