Hurricane? FL?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing jumped from a rain making mess to hurricane pretty quickly. Saw on the news that people were already stuck in long traffic lines leaving ahead of it. Gas and food shortages as well. I’m hoping to get some rain out of it and fill all the local resivours at least.

Gazrok? Everything tied down? Got the generator & window A/C unit? And plenty of fuel to run the generator?

Yep, we're all set now.

Though it seems it's just passing us by, thankfully.

It's oddly clear here, and sunny, even though I can see it on the satellite vids. Sure looks close there. We aren't even seeing rain though.

We're at the little yellow circle. The yellow line, is where I think it's going (though that may not match the official track).

michael3.png

Just a Harbor Freight Predator generator (4375/3500), but it will do what we'd need it for. The little window unit really puts out. So at least I can sleep if the power goes. I wish I had more propane and charcoal, but eh...

All else, we've been stocked up on since the beginning of the season, so no worries. Yesterday, I did most of our outside storm prep, like the emergency trough, getting up loose articles, etc.

I have pre-drilled boards to put up over windows, in case it's needed, but I just don't see it. If something changes, will only take a few minutes to put them all up.

Hmm...I could probably just plug the satellite router into the generator, and still have wireless, with the power out. ;) (we ditched cable completely, and have satellite internet now too).

I have a class mate in Panama City. I will be watching and also have several cousins there. One cousin told me last week he would not be coming to Indiana in hurricane season ever again and leave his bunch to fend for themselves. I worked in Port Charlotte one year. They were still talking about Charley 2004 and that was in 2014.

Irma was still the worst for me, personally (and yeah, I went through Charlie too). Definitely the most personal damage, longest power outage, etc. My wife had a good trip to Dallas though! LOL.... (she's in payroll, so gets sent to the Dallas office for emergency processing). They weren't worried about Michael though. Wasn't sure if she was flying out or not, yesterday.

Yep, we're all set now.

Though it seems it's just passing us by, thankfully.

It's oddly clear here, and sunny, even though I can see it on the satellite vids. Sure looks close there. We aren't even seeing rain though.
Funny, it’s been stormy all day with gusty winds here. Looks like it’s here now but won’t be until Thursday. I guess this is just the front where this thing is interacting with other air. It’s calling for four inches of rain from this storm and I’m really hoping for it. Dosent help us with our outside work load but I’m still greatful for the rain.

They are saying 26-29 mph sustained winds from noon tomorrow until 5 am Thursday, with gusts who knows how strong. A lot of trees won't stand up to sustained winds that long, so we're looking at widespread power outages here at the minimum. Power crews from north Georgia have come down and are on standby.

Emergency planners has stated around 100k did not evac that should have, he was begging people to leave, this was on Fox News yesterday forcing emergency planners to open shelters they weren’t planning on because of the proximity of the shelters to the dirty side of the hurricane.

Emergency planners has stated around 100k did not evac that should have, he was begging people to leave, this was on Fox News yesterday forcing emergency planners to open shelters they weren’t planning on because of the proximity of the shelters to the dirty side of the hurricane.
Too late to try now. Hunker down near the coast and hope for the best.

Latest posts

Back