Government overreach, more harm than good.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screenshot_2020-05-26-05-01-02.png

Last edited:
I agree with Rellgar. Masks are to protect (and calm) other and not protect the wearer. When stores (and other places) require masks, it is to protect people who do not know they have the virus from spreading it. You may know you are clear but what about the person next to you.

To protect yourself, wear gloves. Masks do not protect you but gloves will. When someone coughs or sneezes, the droplets settle on things and surfaces. When to touch something you may get the virus from someone who coughed an hour or more ago.

Yep, that warning on the box is 100% correct. WARNING wear gloves before you pick up that box. It may not protect you but it could infect you if someone in the area coughed or sneezed.

I guess it's time to post this AGAIN since people still don't get it about the different types of masks.
Three most common types of masks:
Surgical procedure masks
6WIon2V.png

Surgical procedure masks do not seal around the edges, so not all incoming air is filtered. This is what healthcare workers, surgeons, dentists, etc. used to wear for normal procedures before COVID-19 to protect their patients. They have no rating for the percentage of particulate matter filtered out of incoming air. They only offer minimal protection to the wearer and mainly protect others from the wearer coughing and sneezing by catching ballistic droplets being sprayed out by the wearer. This is the type of mask recommended for the general public, and the purpose is to prevent asymptomatic carriers from inadvertently spreading aerosolized viruses by coughs and sneezes. Some aerosolized viruses can still escape, but they cut way down on the amount. When it was thought that most people that were infected with COVID-19 were symptomatic, and knew they were sick, it was not recommended that the general public wear them because they gave a false sense of security, thinking it was protecting them from aerosolized viruses when it wasn't.

Homemade cloth masks fall into the same category as surgical procedure masks: Not rated for % of particulates and not sealed around the edges.

Vented Respirators

26pzMK2.png

Vented Respirators ONLY PROTECT THE WEARER because the vents allow unfiltered aerosolized viruses to escape. They are designed to seal around the edges so all incoming air is filtered and they have a rating for what percentage of particulates are filtered out. These are designed for industrial uses, but they are what healthcare workers wear to protect themselves and are prioritized for healthcare use and not sold to the general public right now in the US. Because of the vent, these are much more comfortable to wear for long periods than unvented respirators and moisture doesn't build up in the filter material.

Unvented Respirators

Sox4mNR.png

Unvented Respirators protect both the wearer and others from the wearer, but are not meant to be worn for long periods of time. Like the vented respirators they have a rating for what percentage of particulates are filtered out. Breathing is more difficult and moisture builds up in the filter and blocks it after being used for long periods of time. When this happens air leaks around the edges of the respirator and breathing becomes progressively more difficult. These are what healthcare workers wore when in the presence of someone with with an infectious diesease for limited periods of time, and were the only respirators approved for that purpose before COVID-19. Some healthcare workers are wearing these for long periods now because of the shortage of vented respirators, but when worn for long periods of time are neither comfortable nor effective. This is the ONLY type of mask that protects both the wearer, and others from the wearer.

Last edited:
DrHenley, I am generally taking about the Homemade non-surgical masks. For the most part, those are the ones you see people wearing in the stores. It is almost impossible to the average (non-medical) person to get their hands on one if the better masks.

DrHenley, I am generally taking about the Homemade non-surgical masks. For the most part, those are the ones you see people wearing in the stores. It is almost impossible to the average (non-medical) person to get their hands on one if the better masks.
Same category as surgical procedure masks. No rating for amount of particulates filtered, and no seal around the edges like in a respirator. Respirators have a rubber gasket around the edge on the inside to make them airtight, and are rated for the percentage of particulates filtered out.

This is a vented N100 respirator mask (99.97% of incoming particulates filtered)

xH0P5bb.jpg

Last edited:
While I agree with most of the above reactions and avoid wearing the mask and other restrictions as much as possible I do understand why the initial restriction were put into place. It addressed a concern that the hospital would become overwhelmed if the virus was allowed to "run its course" undeterred. All of the social distancing and other measures were to show down the virus. But as usual, some politician took what was a good idea and just keep twisting it to fit their own needs for political gains and now don't want to let go of their control.

While I agree with most of the above reactions and avoid wearing the mask and other restrictions as much as possible I do understand why the initial restriction were put into place. It addressed a concern that the hospital would become overwhelmed if the virus was allowed to "run its course" undeterred. All of the social distancing and other measures were to show down the virus. But as usual, some politician took what was a good idea and just keep twisting it to fit their own needs for political gains and now don't want to let go of their control.

Hear Hear, I'm sure Ted Nugent who ever he is would at least be man enough to stay away from the hospitals if he gets infected so he did not infect those who did take sensible precautions. After all only an absolute F****** C*** would ignore nationwide medical advice then expect the medical services to treat him. Fair is fair.

Hear Hear, I'm sure Ted Nugent who ever he is would at least be man enough to stay away from the hospitals if he gets infected so he did not infect those who did take sensible precautions. After all only an absolute F****** C*** would ignore nationwide medical advice then expect the medical services to treat him. Fair is fair.

The thing is. ..... the expert medical advice changes weekly.

They are making it up as they go.

When this BS first started the "experts" all said that masks won't do anything for the general public. In fact they said it could make things worse. Even now Dr Fuccki is saying that wearing a mask is to make your neighbors feel better.
Like I've said before, if wearing a mask makes you feel better, then by all means wear a mask. Hell, wear a flour sack over your head soaked in Lysol if it makes you feel better. I'll never wear a mask. And that's my choice.

All you guys who like to have a couple beers or you ladies who want to have their glass of wine after s hard day’s work needs to read.
When CBDS are a thing completely controllable.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/hold-your-beer-biden-regime-considering-strict-new/
Just another thing to stock up on. But I might be a little low on the beer because it does have a shelf life. Wine improves with age.
Maybe they will force everyone to buy Bud Light again.

Laughable! He better talk to his son! Oh yeah, I forgot, his son is exception to rest of us.

They can stick that idea where the masks belong....(where the sun don't shine!)

I wouldnt call myself an alchie, and I don't promote or advocate for drinking alcohol, don't profess its good for anyone, but I work average 10-14 hrs. A day, and many weekends. If I want a drink or two in evenings after work, with dinner, or whenever, or however many, they got no right to tell me when I can, or how much I can have. I got plenty stored back! I'll be buying another case or 2 this weekend! Plus, some of us can make our own liquor. 🙃 as long as we can still get all ingredients!

A-holes! It's really getting ridiculous! I'll bet you anything those SOB hypocrits making recommendations, drink more alcohol than Cooter Brown...if you never heard of Cooter Brown, Google him...lol

Laughable! He better talk to his son! Oh yeah, I forgot, his son is exception to rest of us.

They can stick that idea where the masks belong....(where the sun don't shine!)

I wouldnt call myself an alchie, and I don't promote or advocate for drinking alcohol, don't profess its good for anyone, but I work average 10-14 hrs. A day, and many weekends. If I want a drink or two in evenings after work, with dinner, or whenever, or however many, they got no right to tell me when I can, or how much I can have. I got plenty stored back! I'll be buying another case or 2 this weekend! Plus, some of us can make our own liquor. 🙃 as long as we can still get all ingredients!

A-holes! It's really getting ridiculous! I'll bet you anything those SOB hypocrits making recommendations, drink more alcohol than Cooter Brown...if you never heard of Cooter Brown, Google him...lol
You make me laugh but I agreewith you Hun!

Latest posts

Back