Does anyone else see an economic crash coming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

China’s $6.3 Trillion Stock Selloff Is Getting Uglier by the Day​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...S&cvid=f413b24e83e54d48ac7fac7e63b04352&ei=59
(Bloomberg) -- Chinese stocks just capped another dismal week, with a gauge of mainland firms listed in Hong Kong languishing at the bottom of global equity index rankings for the year so far.

Grim milestones have kept piling up in recent days: Tokyo has overtaken Shanghai as Asia’s biggest equity market, while India’s valuation premium over China has hit a record. Locally, a meltdown in Chinese shares is wreaking havoc on the nation’s asset management industry, pushing mutual fund closures to a five-year high.

The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index has already lost 11% in 2024. Coming after a record four-year losing streak, the slump is reinforcing a structural shift that’s seeing everyone from active money managers to passive funds turn their back on the world’s second-largest stock market.

The Nasdaq Golden Dragon China Index slipped as much as 2.2% at the start of US trading Friday, extending losses to a fifth consecutive day.

In all, some $6.3 trillion has been wiped out from the market value of Chinese and Hong Kong stocks since a peak reached in 2021, underscoring the challenge that Beijing faces as it seeks to arrest a decline in investor confidence. Authorities have ruled out the use of massive stimulus to revive the flagging economy, leaving traders wondering when things will improve.

China's Mutual Funds Implode at Fastest Pace in Five Years as Stocks Sink​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/oth...S&cvid=b3317ad9a1c34f7b9bd0f51d00892527&ei=30
(Bloomberg) -- A meltdown in Chinese shares is wreaking havoc on the country’s asset management sector, pushing mutual fund closures to a five-year high in another sign of waning investor confidence.

About 240 local mutual funds were liquidated last year, according to Bloomberg-compiled data dating back to 2014. That’s the most since 2018, when stricter asset management rules triggered a major industry shakeup. Among the closed funds, four out of five had a stock-focused mandate, which was a record.

The trend has continued into this year, with another 14 funds already liquidated and two dozen more warning of imminent closures, according to Bloomberg calculations of official data.

China’s mutual fund industry is confronting a double whammy as the country’s stock selloff intensifies, with the surge in product closures coinciding with a plunge in the amount of new subscriptions to a decade-low. The fund liquidations have accelerated the downward spiral in the world’s second-largest stock market, forming a vicious cycle as retail investors abandon their once-preferred product for the safety of cash.

Democrats: "Everything is great! This is the best economy in decades!"

Bank Credit Contracts For Three Consecutive Quarters, Raising Major Alarms​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...&cvid=c71648ef3c0643179feeed08d81626e9&ei=377
A key financial indicator has shifted into negative territory, signaling concerns for the U.S. economy.

What Happened: Bank credit has been shrinking for three consecutive quarters, a trend not seen since 2010 and only the second time in over half a century, with the last instance occurring during the Great Recession.

1705875667297.png

Here is a comparison of the " Great Depression " to the present financial predicament the average United States Citizen now faces . Regardless as to what name is pinned on the present situation " or naming it is completely ignored " it is bad .

I thought I had better check on this link , as I saw where this link was deleted on another posting that I done . Sure enough the Communist deleted it on this forum . Looks like someone is following my internet activities and deleting things they don't like . --- Guys after thinking about this deleting thing will add , It is possible that I clicked the wrong thing in trying to post the link , so it could be an error on my part .

Last edited:
Clearly, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it seems to me, if the Chinese are on the verge of an economic collapse, and the stock market is in free fall, it makes no sense that our stock market is doing record highs when all of our corporations are so heavily tied to China.

China securities regulator suspends restricted share lending from Monday​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...S&cvid=ed624b6cc1744782a015b1c278ffa197&ei=73
SHANGHAI (Reuters) -China's securities regulator said on Sunday that it will fully suspend the lending of restricted shares effective from Monday, in policymakers' latest attempt to stabilise the country's stock markets following recent sharp falls.

A string of supportive policies by Beijing including a deep cut to bank reserves helped lift Chinese stocks off 5-year lows early last week but they retreated again on Friday, reflecting deep investor pessimism over the outlook for markets and the shaky economy

Clearly, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it seems to me, if the Chinese are on the verge of an economic collapse, and the stock market is in free fall, it makes no sense that our stock market is doing record highs when all of our corporations are so heavily tied to China.

China securities regulator suspends restricted share lending from Monday​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...S&cvid=ed624b6cc1744782a015b1c278ffa197&ei=73
SHANGHAI (Reuters) -China's securities regulator said on Sunday that it will fully suspend the lending of restricted shares effective from Monday, in policymakers' latest attempt to stabilise the country's stock markets following recent sharp falls.

A string of supportive policies by Beijing including a deep cut to bank reserves helped lift Chinese stocks off 5-year lows early last week but they retreated again on Friday, reflecting deep investor pessimism over the outlook for markets and the shaky economy
HB i have been realvaluating my investments. And trying to move from 3 accounts into 1.

1/3 is in one. 78% was now in Blackrock through the funds consolidation. As much as I detest Blackrock, it has been one of the more profitable. $ grew ten fold in 10 years. Not so profitable with the great awakening ( that I hope will continue and hence divesting from Blackrock)

Rest has been heavily into to stocks, I think it is time bail And go for the safer investments.

I am far from a genius. just been very lucky and spent several years with an ESOP company that sold out for4x. But I do have more than a spouse whose income has been 4-5x mine over the past 30 years, but did not make good decisions

I think if China goes, some does US, So does then Russia. Don’t take your investment advice from someone on the internet, we are all dumbasses, some luckier than others.

Democrats, and their propaganda media - "This is the strongest economy in decades", "people just don't know how good it is; we need to get the word out!", "we have lowered inflation at record numbers".

The real world:

Bankruptcies Spike as Americans Grapple With Debt and Inflation​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...S&cvid=75e02bbf7824446ab402466cddf173fb&ei=19
Bankruptcies rose last year as American dealt with debt and inflation.

Bankruptcies grew by 16 percent for non-businesses in the period ending December 2023, according to the U.S. Courts. The number of filings grew to 434,064, compared to 374,240 in 2022.

The number could be a sign of the times, experts said, especially as personal bankruptcies had been on a decade-plus of sharp decline. Bankruptcy filings peaked in December 2010, when the number hit just below 1.6 million.

December 2023 marked the end of the fourth consecutive quarter in which bankruptcy filings rose. Business bankruptcies also jumped, by 40.4 percent, reflecting widespread financial difficulties at the personal and company levels.

Who believes inflation is at 2%?!?!?!?!?!? The cost of EVERYTHING is skyrocketing. Insurance has gone up 60% since last year, if you can even get it anymore. Food, gas, rent, electricity, all up double digits, some 30% or more.

--- I stopped posting on the poverty and homelessness Delima on this forum some time back , when I realized some had a hard time receiving such posts . It is not my desire to upset our members . this video if someone chooses to watch it , will drive them straight into reality as to what is happening .

I could give several examples of the homeless situation becoming close and personal with me , but will not as the unfortunate may be monitoring this forum . What Patara says in the video , I can verify as accurate . Society like we knew 4 years ago , is probably gone forever . Prepare for it to get worse .

Commercial Real Estate IS collapsing, right now

Portland’s landmark Montgomery Park office building returned to lender after foreclosure auction​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/rea...S&cvid=5ff1a4b9c6464f65a1a76b2af3a9510e&ei=21

The landmark Montgomery Park building in Northwest Portland changed hands for a $37.7 million credit bid Wednesday in a foreclosure auction.

In 2019, it sold for $255 million.

The bargain price points to the woeful state of Portland’s commercial real estate market. Not a single outside bidder submitted an offer Wednesday to buy the hulking office building in Northwest Portland. As a result, it will go to the lender, New York-based Natixis.

Former Home Depot CEO Warns of Grave Shift in the Labor Market​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...0130ca5324a424c98991113c4eac877&ei=19#image=8

According to Fox Business, huge companies in the past few weeks announced huge job cuts. Cisco, a huge multinational tech company, planned to cut thousands of jobs. In total companies planned to cut over 82,000 jobs in just the month of January.

Cisco reportedly has cut 84,900 employees globally as of July 2023. It’s unclear just when this tide of corporate job cuts intends to stop.

Experts cite high-interest rates and inflation as some of the main drivers of these layoffs. One would have to go back to the financial crisis in January 2009 to find a higher job cut level.

Nardelli told Fox Business that the current interest rates are unsustainable and are harming both individuals and businesses.

"We've seen companies where we've had $2 million of interest rates now explode to $12, $13, $14 million. And the free cash flow that we generate is going to pay the man," Nardelli said. "We cannot afford the type of interest rates that we're buried [in] today. I mean, you couldn't afford it as an individual in trying to balance your budget."

"This is all about, I think, trying to buy votes. This is all about an administration that is out of control," he said. "We have a strong bias towards spending versus having a conservative policy or a sustainable future." (via Fox Business)

Insider selling has gone through the roof in the past 2 months. "Profit taking" is the euphemism they use but it's the people with the knowledge switching from shares to cash. There have been many sectors crashing but they get little notice, the Covid darlings like zoom, DocuSign, etc have been wiped out 90%, many of the EV startups have crashed as well as the companies that were installing chargers, they are down 90% in many cases too. Tesla is way down from it's peak, were talking trillions lost here. But the dow, the stocks they reshuffle over time is still holding up. That's what people watch, that's what signals a crash.

Be very careful folks. Remember the GFC back in 2008 when 50% was wiped off the markets in the matter of a couple of weeks. We came back from that by massive liquidation but there is nothing to say that will happen in the next crash. Will there be a crash? There is always a crash, and it always happens when stocks are ridiculously overvalued. Nvidia is the current darling stock, the company riding the misnamed A.I. revolution. It has a price to earning ratio of 80:1. 20:1 or greater signals abnormality typically.

insider selling feb 2024.jpg

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/j...-jpmorgan-first-time-stock-hits-all-time-high

Same with unemployment. They say it is at a record low yet you see help wanted signs everywhere. Welfare and food stamps up? Maybe they should actually count all the lazy sob's that refuse to work because the government is throwing money at them!
My rant for the day.......still feel crappy tho!, 😞😞

Latest posts

Back