CenturyLink outage and the Emergency 911 call centers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I'm not sure if the outage had anything to do with DPF going down?

CRESA911 Alerted me (below), called and emailed (below) me that 911 was down
Clipboard01.jpg

Emails
Clipboard01a.jpg

Phone Call
Image-1bc.jpg

This all started after 11pm last night but earlier in the day I was experiencing access problems to many websites including DPF, my bank couldn't function, hospitals couldn't access patients records, ATMs didn't work, 911 centers were down, cascade affect to AT&T networks mainly cell sites, Internets were down, websites down including multiple cloud services, this was far reaching from New York to California to Canada, also impacted 15 data center. CenturyLink stated the problem was a "NETWORK ELEMENT" and what the hell is a network element? poltergeist? some scifi element? whatever it was it was a single point failure! That should be bothersome to the whole nation and scary!

Another point on the matter, CRESA911 emailed all my current emails but the one email account is very puzzling and the main point to this post. when I created the account on DPF in 2012 I also created an email account that's only used for DPF, it has never been used anywhere else and I only access this account on my iphone, somehow CRESA911 known this account (how?) the account was never setup on this computer nor the phone, it was setup on another computer in another state using a totally different name, in fact the email was setup on a server in another country, the only common denominator is my phone and I know DPF didn't share the email, this just as weird as the 'network element' that taken down CenturyLink.

At this point, the FCC and Homeland Security are investigating this

These are the impacted cloud service in the US, GB, Canada, Australia, Germany and Singapore

cloud1.jpg

It happen early in eh day for me. I could not access th forum at all yesterday and I do use Centurylink as my provider, so maybe it was a double whammy. I kept getting dropped. I even reset my routers and modem, just to see if that helped, no joy. Sorta glad it was not just me. Don't wish bad on other members but it does help to know it was not my system.

Not sure if your number is included in your post. You might want to edit it. I have no idea what someone would gain from it, but there is always a crack pot out there.

It happen early in eh day for me. I could not access th forum at all yesterday and I do use Centurylink as my provider, so maybe it was a double whammy. I kept getting dropped. I even reset my routers and modem, just to see if that helped, no joy. Sorta glad it was not just me. Don't wish bad on other members but it does help to know it was not my system.

WSU set up our internet access that uses microwave setup, when we get to the tower (owned by WSU and USGS) its just my computer that gets sent to a DSL carrier (CenturyLink) I'm not sure how it works but I think our data is tunneled except for me the tunneling ends, but either way all the sites I choose to visit must be approved by WSU IT team.

I had issue's getting into dpf better part of this morning.and other days as wrll..Unless centurylink has something to do with thed cell towers atound here.which i doubt.i don't have anything to do with them.

I didn't have internet or email on my phone yesterday. Didn't really care and it didn't have any impact. It could go down for good and it wouldn't bother me too much.

No, I agree, it could go down and it wouldn't bother me but I was pretty much locked out of my bank, couldn't make any transactions. Another problem the news talked about this afternoon was folks couldn't get there prescriptions filled. The hospital 70 miles north of me couldn't access the patients records, one of the patients was having kidney surgery today and had to delay it.... These people (emergency service providers) are setting us up for failure when these damn institutions don't keep any of this information locally.

Least for me, I have hard copies of my medical records I always take with me if I go anywhere, this technology crap is going to hurt a lot of people that trust the system.

Technology is to assist but not be depended upon. I have my written medical records. I keep cash. The system will make sure that when it hits the fan, 90% are going to be goners. Won't have cash, won't have food, won't have fuel, won't have access to any funds and WILL be screwed..

Technology is to assist but not be depended upon. I have my written medical records. I keep cash. The system will make sure that when it hits the fan, 90% are going to be goners. Won't have cash, won't have food, won't have fuel, won't have access to any funds and WILL be screwed..

I keep enough cash for transactions in the bank the rest ain't in a bank, luckily I don't need a bank for food and the fuel bill is paid once a year in cash when they fill up my big tanks here.

I keep enough cash for transactions in the bank the rest ain't in a bank, luckily I don't need a bank for food and the fuel bill is paid once a year in cash when they fill up my big tanks here.

Good solid plan and method of living. Food, fuel and cash on hand. Along with the ammo, and Mav is all set.

First one is about the different services that is or was having difficulties. 2nd one is about recent solar flares thats been taking place.

https://downdetector.com/

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en

My app was tripped but it was a high altitude disturbance that affected satellites like satellite tv and radio and some communication in space, it wasn't powerful enough for anything on the ground to be concerned with.

In the southeast, about all the internet goes through AT&T somewhere near Atlanta. A lot of times, all it takes is someone with a backhoe to cut off a lot of people’s internet and phone service.

Years ago, they found a fiber optic cable buried about 3 feet under a pasture. A county employee didn’t have any idea about having to get stuff like this checked, and back then, the county would bury dead livestock for residents for ‘free’. I heard that it cost the county nearly half a million dollars....

Since then, someone in southeast Tennessee was digging a ditch with one and cut another fiber cable. A lot of Alabama, Mississippi and TN’s internet went out and there was nothing anyone could do about of there than wait for it to get fixed, which took into that night.

Latest posts

Back