Truck for the Apocalypse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, but attention getter. Like previous poster said. Everyone would be trying to steal it from you. I would think most interstates and roads would be clogged. An ATV might be best choice staying off road. No protection from bullets though. I still would like to have it but I'm not rich.

Suggest a layered approach: Trucks, ATV, Mule/Gator, Horses, Motorcycles/dirt bikes, mountain bikes, boats, roller blades.... It is going to depend on the situation.

Suggest a layered approach: Trucks, ATV, Mule/Gator, Horses, Motorcycles/dirt bikes, mountain bikes, boats, roller blades.... It is going to depend on the situation.
For bugging out of the city to a location, I think the 4 cycle dual sport/street bike is unbeatable. A family of four needs two bikes. Anything wider limits options around parked traffic. If the bridge out of town is filled with parked cars, anything with four wheels may as well be a dually truck. The key is high speed low drag trek away from people before they realize the magnitude and get desperate.

Good point. I'll depends on situation. Maybe cheaper option is taking what car, truck you have and reinforcing it. Spikes steel plates...Starting to get mad max here. Ha ha. But you never know. My first instinct would be to hunker down where I'm at. But that would only last a day or two. I live in the city as soon as they clean out grocery stores there coming to the houses. I plan on moving soon.

Good point. I'll depends on situation. Maybe cheaper option is taking what car, truck you have and reinforcing it. Spikes steel plates...Starting to get mad max here. Ha ha. But you never know. My first instinct would be to hunker down where I'm at. But that would only last a day or two. I live in the city as soon as they clean out grocery stores there coming to the houses. I plan on moving soon.

The best plan is to GOOD BEFORE TSHTF. Timing is one of the hardest things to gauge. If you know the balloon has gone up, better NOT to hunker down. Grab your go bag and beat feet.

People have gotten used to waiting for someone to tell them what to do and you want to be long gone before they figure out that no one is going to save them (an EMP event comes to mind). I have seen estimates as short as 12-24 hours these days before all hell breaks loose.

Better yet, if you can swing it, be at the BIL full time like a couple of people on this board are.

Last edited:
Nice, but attention getter. Like previous poster said. Everyone would be trying to steal it from you. I would think most interstates and roads would be clogged. An ATV might be best choice staying off road. No protection from bullets though. I still would like to have it but I'm not rich.
It's about 5 miles to town for me. So horseback is to far for me. I got my RZR. 🤷

Now I just need to come up with a quarter million bucks...LOL

Rezvani Tank, military edition.
It sounds like something Q designed! LOL!

FEATURES

Bullet proof glass and body armor
Underside explosive protection
Smoke Screen
Military Runflat Tires
Thermal Night Vision System
Reinforced suspension
Electromagnetic Pulse Protection
Ram Bumpers
Optional explosive device detection
Optional continuous video recording
Electrified Door Handles
Siren and Horn Options
Strobe Lights
Blinding Lights
Intercom System
Magnetic Dead Bolts
Gas masks
First Aid kit
Hypothermia kit
Pepper Spray Dispenser

STARTING AT $259,000

www.rezvanimotors.com/tank-military-edition
rezvani-Tank-Military-Edition-wheels+copy.jpg

rezvani+tank+side+view.jpg
And absolutely impossible to fix in the field with the resources that will be available. A 'reliable" truck will have a mechanical fuel pump, a 4-barrel carb and an extra condenser in the glove box.

BTW, nothing like making yourself look as well funded as the enemy. That won't work out well either.

Living in a ghost town has advantages. Guess I am about 10 miles from the closest Walmart. When SHTF and this mess comes unglued, guess I will run into town to top off supplies before the crazies arrive form the big city 90 miles away. The ranchers that have worked this land for 5 or more generations aren't too welcoming. Maybe I need to borrow my neighbor's backhoe and dig a trench. That trench can sit there for years and I might not even need it, otherwise I can fill it in slowly as the need arrives.

Living in a ghost town has advantages. Guess I am about 10 miles from the closest Walmart. When SHTF and this mess comes unglued, guess I will run into town to top off supplies before the crazies arrive form the big city 90 miles away. The ranchers that have worked this land for 5 or more generations aren't too welcoming. Maybe I need to borrow my neighbor's backhoe and dig a trench. That trench can sit there for years and I might not even need it, otherwise I can fill it in slowly as the need arrives.
I'm about 2 hours from a Walmart

Now I just need to come up with a quarter million bucks...LOL

Rezvani Tank, military edition.
It sounds like something Q designed! LOL!

FEATURES

Bullet proof glass and body armor
Underside explosive protection
Smoke Screen
Military Runflat Tires
Thermal Night Vision System
Reinforced suspension
Electromagnetic Pulse Protection
Ram Bumpers
Optional explosive device detection
Optional continuous video recording
Electrified Door Handles
Siren and Horn Options
Strobe Lights
Blinding Lights
Intercom System
Magnetic Dead Bolts
Gas masks
First Aid kit
Hypothermia kit
Pepper Spray Dispenser

STARTING AT $259,000

www.rezvanimotors.com/tank-military-edition
rezvani-Tank-Military-Edition-wheels+copy.jpg

rezvani+tank+side+view.jpg
A beast

No tow bar
Rated towing capacity ?????
Is it available in RH Drive ??
5500 lbs tow capacity. This is their smallest model which is a fairly small SUV. If you need a LOT of towing capacity you need a big diesel pickup, and they have you covered with a 1200 hp diesel 6x6 pickup.
Right hand drive option available in all models.

James Garner was in a movie once that satirically addressed this idea. He was applying for a job as town sheriff. They handed him the badge and it had a clearly defined bullet dent in it. He said what’s this? The mayor said it’s the former Sheriff’s badge. Garner said, looks like he was lucky the bullet hit his badge. The mayor said, he sure would have been if it hadn’t been for all those other bullets coming in from all over everywhere.
Support Your Local Sheriff

Out of curiosity, does this monstrosity have its electronics shielded from EMP?

Would a high-altitude nuke or a solar coronal mass ejection turn this thing into a very expensive paperweight?

Has anyone else noticed that it seems to have a little in common with the Batmobile?

1703181500834.png

Last edited:
My survival transportation is predicated on the ordinary, low-key vehicles that I have now (a Kia Rondo SUV and a GMC Denali), plus bicycles that are slightly "tricked out" for durability.

One of my bicycles has a hitch, and I have a bike trailer that I can use to transport lots of material. I also have saddle bags that hook up to the bike.

My bike:

1) Requires no gasoline or diesel fuel.
2) Can be maintained (and parts replaced) with simple tools and a layperson's knowledge.
3) Is silent.
4) Is easily concealed.
5) I anticipate medical care will be spotty and in short supply, so regular bicycling will help protect against heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure (among many other diseases).
6) Bicycling does not display one's wealth in the way that the fancy batmobile does, so--theoretically--less of a target for looters.
7) I believe (and please note that I said "believe," and not "know") that a bicycling lifestyle keeps you more aquainted with your neighborhood, the weather, the changes around your home, and so forth . . . so one is in more of a position to be informed about the circumstances of one's environment.
8) If one is escaping criminals or thugs, a bike allows you to ride where most vehicles can't . . . and you can outdistance the criminals on a bike path or railroad tracks.
9) Some bikes can be easily folded up and kept in a vehicle as a "life boat" in case you break down or run out of fuel.

As for how I worked on the bike to make it a survival tool, I put Kevlar tires with Kevlar tire liners to prevent punctures, I added the trailer hitch for the bike trailer, I made sure that all the lights were waterproof and supplied by common rechargable batteries, I switched out the gear stacks with higher quality components, and I carry CO2 cartridges, spare inner tubes, and tools in various pouches on the bike.

I lived a bicycle lifestyle for many years . . . and I saved huge amounts of money, I was healthier and more energetic, and so on.

If you see below, this is very similar to my bike trailer:

1703259778132.png

I have used it to carry groceries, clothing, school materials (for my nursing program), and even to bring my cat to the vet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back