The Future is Now

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are really cool, yet I still can’t stop thinking skynet.... seriously, just think of busy highways at rush hour with all self driving cars. No more stop and go, no more assholes weaving in and out, just smooth flowing traffic. Whether we like it or not, I believe they will be common in the near future.

They are really cool, yet I still can’t stop thinking skynet.... seriously, just think of busy highways at rush hour with all self driving cars. No more stop and go, no more assholes weaving in and out, just smooth flowing traffic. Whether we like it or not, I believe they will be common in the near future.

I agree. This is inevitable.

For some reason it reminds me of a modernized ghostbusters car... ya it was at first glance and it is early morning still

n21iqn-b781276424z.120140306162411000gnu1ir449.2.jpg

n21iqo-b781276424z.120140306162411000gnu1ir44b.2.jpg

Ghostbuster car is a 1959 Caddy and is way longer...i think.

#mammoth

Just seems really eerie to trust in a computer to do one of the most dangerous daily tasks we engage in....given the experiences most of us have had when one fails to work properly. Any little glitch or crash while driving, and we're just dead. No thank you. Yet, we do it all the time when flying....but of course, more time and space to make corrections there. A split second hiccup in the program on the road, and we're dead.

I suspect we'll first see this with automated trucks (and likely/hopefully, confined to some set lanes for this)...

I'll let our kids worry about this problem. Doubt I'll see it in my remaining lifetime. At least not for private citizen driving.

Jetsons, meet the Jetsons

If they can make glitch free self-driving cars, then I better not have to keep seeing buffering while streaming a movie or TV show...

So it begs the question, what about the glitches? A glitch could easily cost lives! No automated system will ever be glitch free.

Latest posts

Back