Quantcast

Personal hygiene

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

bairleafarm

Reaction score
You know you hear of people saving food etc. What about your personal hygiene? My soon to be wife isn't worried tampons which is good. Hairy legs is an issue lol. I actually started this topic concerning shaving. I switched a couple years ago to straight razors and have never looked back. I keep the hones to sharpen them. They would also double as a weapon I'd need be.

SSgt.

Reaction score
I've thought about switching to a straight razor but it seems like a lot of money to drop at once to get a good quality one.

bairleafarm

Reaction score
You can get old ones for under 30$ on eBay. I only paid a few dollars for some of mine. A couple of mine are 50 years old.

SSgt.

Reaction score
For $30 would they come ready to shave? Or would one have to send it out to be sharpened and what not?

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
You know you hear of people saving food etc. What about your personal hygiene? My soon to be wife isn't worried tampons which is good. Hairy legs is an issue lol. I actually started this topic concerning shaving. I switched a couple years ago to straight razors and have never looked back. I keep the hones to sharpen them. They would also double as a weapon I'd need be.
I would decapitate myself with a straight razor!
Cleanliness is next to Godliness!

I don't think too many people have shampoo as the top item for their bug out bags!

hj1984

Reaction score
i have tons of hygeine stuff saved up...it always raises morale when you can get clean and fresh...and its important for your health too...think how badly an abcess tooth or cavity or uti would be without modern meds...keep clean and keep healthy

LePhantom

Reaction score
keeping a straight razor and a pelt of leather to sharpen it is probably a good idea... though it's not exactly high on my priority of things... a toothbrush imho is probably more important... the last thing i want is a tooth decay and i gonna remove it with a pair of pliers ...

bairleafarm

Reaction score
Some of my razors were less than 10$ it cost me 20$ to have them sharpened. I bought a new one awhile back then sold it. I prefer the older steel. tooth brushes are a good idea as well.

Woodie1

Jr Member
Reaction score
i have tons of hygeine stuff saved up...it always raises morale when you can get clean and fresh...and its important for your health too...think how badly an abcess tooth or cavity or uti would be without modern meds...keep clean and keeI change blades once per year,

I shave every day and after a rinse of my razor I give it a blast (2 Seconds) with blow dryer to remove water. Hard water will cover blade and reduce the efficency of blades. This was on Clark Howard a few years ago.p healthy

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Clydesdale, the best way to learn to use a straight razor is to practice shaving a balloon with one. That's how I learned when taking care of the elderly. We weren't allowed to shave anyone until we could shave the lather from a balloon without popping it.

Wiredog8

Molon Labe
Reaction score
When i was 19 i had a mohawk and used a straight razor to shave my head every three days. There was this one girl, Jo-el, that used to ask if she could kiss my head.
She said it was glass smooth. I wish my room mate did not steal that razor. I need to find that SOB!

Reaction score
if you have room in you gear to carry a razor and helps you mintaly then by all means pack it if you are concerned with over growth of a beard a good leatherman or gerber multi tool is a great iteam IE... they have scissors that will be plenty to keep yourself groomed

Latest posts