Opinion wanted: Canning chicken

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do plan teaching canning, both water bath and pressure canning at the meet.

dang, the meet sounds busy... :) So, when you get an "agenda" share it (if possible). Even if I can't go I'd like to practice some of the things the same while you are doing it...then I won't feel so left out! :)

mastercajun...I'm still a little unclear on that...when you say "If you want the milk to taste more normal leave it at 10lbs. for 3min.. I leave mine for 5 to 10min. The longer you leave it, the more it taste like reg. can milk."MORE NORMAL as in like normal whole milk out of the refrigerator and REG. CAN MILK is more like ??? I don't know why I ask...I'm highly unlikely to can milk but the concept intrigued me. lol

Now if I could get instructions from someone on how to make SWEETENED CONDENSED milk I'd be in heaven!!!! I make a pumpkin pie to die for but I need sweetened condensed milk for it.

Chick, while we are going to have some classes/instructions we are hoping to have plenty of time for all of us just to get to know each other and create a network that goes beyond the internet. There may come a time when we need to call on each other just to survive our government's tyranny.

Chick, while we are going to have some classes/instructions we are hoping to have plenty of time for all of us just to get to know each other and create a network that goes beyond the internet. There may come a time when we need to call on each other just to survive our government's tyranny.
I agree...I wish that things were different and we could go! So, I wanted to share in spirit with y'all even if I couldn't be there in body!

dang, the meet sounds busy... :) So, when you get an "agenda" share it (if possible). Even if I can't go I'd like to practice some of the things the same while you are doing it...then I won't feel so left out! :)

mastercajun...I'm still a little unclear on that...when you say "If you want the milk to taste more normal leave it at 10lbs. for 3min.. I leave mine for 5 to 10min. The longer you leave it, the more it taste like reg. can milk."MORE NORMAL as in like normal whole milk out of the refrigerator and REG. CAN MILK is more like ??? I don't know why I ask...I'm highly unlikely to can milk but the concept intrigued me. lol

Now if I could get instructions from someone on how to make SWEETENED CONDENSED milk I'd be in heaven!!!! I make a pumpkin pie to die for but I need sweetened condensed milk for it.
chicknladee, yes the more normal is tasting like milk from the fridge. The can milk taste is like Pet evapotated milk. I love it in my coffee. My other half and daughter just like to drink it out of the jar. The only thing I haven't tried yet, that I want to try is butter. Like Old_Anorak said, her and I will be having a canning class for the meet. We will most likely do milk, so others can see how it's done and what it taste like. I will be trying sweetened condensed milk. I will let you know how it comes out.

I've got a recipe around here somewhere for sweetened condensed milk, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll see if I can scare it up for you.

Latest posts

Back