Moving from theoretical prepper to practical

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, that didn’t send separately. I agree with you. Good to be reminded

Welcome from Tennessee . In My opinion You will get more usable information from this site than all of the social media world . Scroll back through the threads and You will find topics on long term , short term prepping and any related topics .

I don’t have an axe...
Hi Brittany, do not get yourself an axe till you have the need, strength and training for one. Lots of people have axes, hatchets, saws and such but never really learned how to use it properly and waste too much energy using it. Every calorie you waste in a survival situation must be replaced by very hard to come by calories while surviving. Remember that these tools are very valuable in emergencies, but they also have different uses and you must understand the specific uses and their limits on and for the jobs you have. Learn from someone or get some practice from you tube and find your way...Gary
PS: you can get a small machete and do the same work as with a hatchet with much less weight and space. An axe is for building a whole cabin.

Hi Brittany, do not get yourself an axe till you have the need, strength and training for one. Lots of people have axes, hatchets, saws and such but never really learned how to use it properly and waste too much energy using it. Every calorie you waste in a survival situation must be replaced by very hard to come by calories while surviving. Remember that these tools are very valuable in emergencies, but they also have different uses and you must understand the specific uses and their limits on and for the jobs you have. Learn from someone or get some practice from you tube and find your way...Gary
PS: you can get a small machete and do the same work as with a hatchet with much less weight and space. An axe is for building a whole cabin.

I agree. I only have a machete and a few knives. However, I kind of want to own one just for the aesthetics of it. So when SHTF and the see me with one, they be thinking, “Damn, this chick ain’t fckn around”

Brittany, get yourself a smaller Viking axe, that should give a clear message..
upload_2020-5-16_8-22-38.jpeg

The other day I just googled how to properly chuck wood. Turns out, there’s a whole science behind it. So I would definitely need to somewhat train myself.
Brittany, there are two ways to chuck wood: clamp it down in a lathe chuck, or throw it.

Sure you don't mean "chop wood"...;)

Welcome! Axe is a great start to be honest. Now that I think about it. I don’t have an axe...
Axes are great but they are hard to use if you're not used to it (you might accidentally chop off your foot!) I usually prefer a machete for chopping random things and if I need to cut something big I'll use a saw. I can use and have used an axe a lot (nothing like a dare from a younger brother to get a girl to prove she can do something), but I still never quite feel like I'm in control.

Welcome from a small village in upstate NY USA I'd encourage you to read the information on these forums also feel free to post any questions I've posted on several threads and have received a lot of good advice also look up a principal called the 10 C's it will give you a good foundation to build on also feel free to chat with me anytime I'm online here several times a day or leave me a message in my inbox and I'll answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability

Latest posts

Back