More on the story behind the Cali HAM RADIO bans

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ham but don't habe a license and have never used it. I'm saving for SHTF. Gave other to daughter
Good luck!!!
Not trying to be mean, or insulting but the reason you need to get a license is so you can operate your radio. One hour a week for 8 weeks or so and you can get your license through your local ham club. When and if the time comes with out the knowledge you'll be lucky to get it turned on. I currently have a General license and Im still learning, but I can get my station on the air. Again not trying to offend, just trying help, dont think it's as simple as flipping a switch, get a license, learn to use it and be prepared.

Good luck!!!
Not trying to be mean, or insulting but the reason you need to get a license is so you can operate your radio. One hour a week for 8 weeks or so and you can get your license through your local ham club. When and if the time comes with out the knowledge you'll be lucky to get it turned on. I currently have a General license and Im still learning, but I can get my station on the air. Again not trying to offend, just trying help, dont think it's as simple as flipping a switch, get a license, learn to use it and be prepared.

I tried for months to find a club. Left messages for people that might know, scouted the local coffee hangouts for Senior citizens. Nothing. Therefore, I have the book HAM RADIOA FOR DUMMIES.

Good luck!!!

I'm in the same boat, I dont have a Ham Licence, but when I eventually listen to the logic behind getting one I did not realise the crap involved. I went to the local club who apparently do the training courses and spent THREE hours being ignored or condescended to because the rig I had ( Pres Grant 2) was CB and HAM combined. Went back the following week and was ignored again. So I went to another club and as soon as the members started chatting and heard I like CB as well as PMR and Ham they simply did not wish to know me. Indeed the most common comments were CB should be banned in the UK.

So I'm struggling to get by on my own as seen by the posts in the forums Comms section.

Latest posts

Back