Man! I feel like a woman!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainingcatzanddogs

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Let's go girls....Okay ladies, I have a birthday coming up and always get asked what is on my list.

I am a strange bird!

For example, last year’s birthday present from the hubby was a Milwaukee cordless compound miter saw…ooooh yeah!

One child gave me a very nice multi tool, another, a new pair of deer leather work gloves…

What kind of "unfeminine" Christmas, birthday, Valentines or Mother’s day gifts have you gotten that made your heart go boom?

PS Guys pay attention here, it might give you some ideas for the prepper ladies in your life!

Last edited:
John Deere 3025e with loader and backhoe. This makes it easier for your loved ones to choose future gifts as you add accessories such as rototiller, pallet forks, rotary mower, grapple claw, disc, plows, cultivator, hay cutter and square baler...you know, mostly just the essentials. Don’t forget the tandem axle trailer.

John Deere 3025e with loader and backhoe. This makes it easier for your loved ones to choose future gifts as you add accessories such as rototiller, pallet forks, rotary mower, grapple claw, disc, plows, cultivator, hay cutter and square baler...you know, mostly just the essentials. Don’t forget the tandem axle trailer.

That's thinking ahead! Acessories are everything for that finished look. LOL

I've been wanting a decent sized skid steer for areas where you have tight maneuvering for the same reasons but, even auction prices right now are insane!

Last edited:
Hi lady, off the hat question...do you know where the phrase:
"It is raining cats and dogs" comes from?
Actually, I do not but, I will tell you why I use it. One year we had the remnants of a hurricane sit over us for about a week and dump feet of water. Thunder lightening, flooded creeks and rivers. In that week we ended up with five stray dogs and two cats at the house. Only two of them had their owners claim them when we put out word. The others became a part of our household.

Hi lady, off the hat question...do you know where the phrase:
"It is raining cats and dogs" comes from?

Something about all the drowned dogs and cats in the street after a gully washer.
But there doesn't seem to be any agreement over how they got there.
The original saying was "Raining cats, dogs and pitchforks." In 1835, it was already considered an "Old Saying."
Painting by George Cruikshank (1835) entitled: Very Unpleasant Weather, or, the old saying verified "Raining Cats, Dogs & Pitchforks!"
1104px-George_Cruikshank_-_Very_unpleasant_Weather.jpg

Something about all the drowned dogs and cats in the street after a gully washer.
But there doesn't seem to be any agreement over how they got there.
The original saying was "Raining cats, dogs and pitchforks." In 1835, it was already considered an "Old Saying."
Painting by George Cruikshank (1835) entitled: Very Unpleasant Weather, or, the old saying verified "Raining Cats, Dogs & Pitchforks!"
1104px-George_Cruikshank_-_Very_unpleasant_Weather.jpg
I wonder if it was because strays routinely would live on roofs (near the warm chimney) and maybe when it rained hard, they would fall, jump or wash off the roof? Not sure about the pitchfork part though I have been in more than a few storms where it felt like you were being pelted with needles instead of rain drops....

The saying goes back further in time. As the only way to roof a house back then was with THATCHING, the roofs sometimes leaked when it rained hard. As many people had a dirt floor and no real roof above them, there were only rafters and small narrow ways to walk above their heads. Having cats to chase mice and dogs as watchdogs, they usually left the animals to sleep above them. Much of the thatched roofs also dropped bits and pieces of grass, dust and such, leading to the people putting a canopy over their beds which is where we got our modern canopy beds from, even if the grass and thatching does not fall onto our mattress any more.
Anyway, if it rained hard enough for the drops to get the wooden rafters wet and the animals in the attic could not walk around without falling down into the room below then "it was raining cats and dogs"...
Also the threshings were used in the old times on the dirt floors in the rainy times and kept the people a bit more clean from the mud. As you opened the door to go outside or come in some of the threshings would slip outside and get lost...so they would put a piece of higher wood, around 6 inches high to keep the threshings inside the house...which is where we get the tradition of "carrying the bride over the THRESH-HOLD"
If the husband got some extra money, he would go a buy some pork. When he brought it home, sometimes they would actually hang it over the front door of the house to show the rest of the neighbors who was "bringing home the bacon" and then, the neighbors would come and visit and "sit around and chew the fat"...American history...Gary

Tuesday was my birthday and I got a Henry lever action 22 rifle and a propane smoker! I know you gun gurus laugh but I love that little rifle! Mothers day coming up, gonna throw some brisket and rack of ribs on the smoker while I get some target practice in. ☺

Attachments

• 20220504_182125.jpg
    20220504_182125.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
My Wife doesnt like jewelry thank God.
I gave the Wife a rock from the S. Llano river with a hole through it when we bought the place in Junction.
It fit Her finger perfectly....the Running joke is I got Her a huge rock for Her finger.
We pretty much like the same things. It's always something we'll both use or need for our future. Like a tractor or a pair of Kayaks maybe a new generator for the camper we both wanted.
We dont really celebrate birthdays or Christmas per say. We just get something that we both want.
It sure makes shopping easier.

Latest posts

Back