LAS VEGAS Mass shooting at Country & Western Concert

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw a need (even teotwawki) for a bumpfire stock and/or full-auto.

Sure, slinging lead downrange at 600+ rounds per minute seems devastating, but I question if it contributes to survival.

Full-auto fire reduces the functional life of the weapon because of the wear and tear, the ammo runs out quicker, and there is more risk to innocent bystanders in full-auto mode.

Also, most navy SEALs and other special forces people prefer semi auto, since they often work without easy resupply, and they work in close quarters with each other and don't want friendly fire casualties...which is more likely with full-auto.

I have guns for post SHTF for self-defense, security, and subsistance hunting.

This is different than guerrilla warfare...which doesn't interest me.

Those bumpfire toys seem like they would appeal to people who have seen Rambo and Red Dawn too many times.

Asymetric warfare is nasty, dirty, disgusting, and awful. I believe that 90% of the people who bought things like this would fall apart after six hours of real guerrilla warfare.

These toys give legitimate gun owners a bad name.

Thank you for considering my lengthy post.

Bump fire seems to be fit only for spray and pray as in Las Vegas.
Firing into a crowd of 22,000 means he could hit many someones.
Samo with full auto.
I prefer aimed semi auto fire.
Spray and pray would better suit close range with a shotgun.

full auto,bump fire all are a waste of ammo and pretty much a toy to the average Joe,I have a AR and a pump shotgun,I need a 1911 45 ACP and would like a bolt action rifle,I might even bite the bullet and get them,,,,,in a SHTF situation wasting ammo is not an option because getting more may not be possible ,,,for me shooting and exposing myself to an enemy is a last resort,,,,,,,

Full auto fire has it's place.....that is why the Military uses tripods and vehicle mounts so you can fire accurately......M249/M240 are full auto only for a reason, 50 BMG can be fired semi auto, but that is very rare that anyone does when the chit is going on, when you have been trained on how to use full auto it can make a big difference....SpecOp missions dictate weapon need and usage....they also use Suppressed Sub-machineguns which are very controllable full auto...laying down a large volume of fire is very important and very deadly in a lot of situations....the guy in Vegas just proved it, but yet there are those who say it is not necessary or needed ?

Full auto fire has it's place.....that is why the Military uses tripods and vehicle mounts so you can fire accurately......M249/M240 are full auto only for a reason, 50 BMG can be fired semi auto, but that is very rare that anyone does when the chit is going on, when you have been trained on how to use full auto it can make a big difference....SpecOp missions dictate weapon need and usage....they also use Suppressed Sub-machineguns which are very controllable full auto...laying down a large volume of fire is very important and very deadly in a lot of situations....the guy in Vegas just proved it, but yet there are those who say it is not necessary or needed ?

I never said not needed just that for the average Joe it is a novelty and a toy ,,,,,the military is a completely different game

Well, I think two big mysteries has been cleared up at least.

Why were two windows blown out in the Mandalay Bay, and why wasn't anyone screaming after the first burst of automatic gunfire?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local...ter-targeted-aviation-fuel-tanks-source-says/

Because the window facing east was used to shoot at two jet fuel tanks, and the window facing northeast was used to shoot at the festival. He probably started off shooting at the jet fuel tanks, so nobody got hit initially.

qpipvEB.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said, The guy in Vegas proved they are not Toy's or Novelties.......And how many Ex-Military who are no longer in the Military are also Training 1,000's of Civilians every year on weapons and tactics ? All of those people paying for training are being better trained than the average private, the average private does not get trained by Navy SEAL's, Green Berets and Delta Force....the Military is not a completely different game now....20 years ago you could not go to a Training School every weekend and get the type of training you can now....the playing field is becoming more level all the time.....every mass shooting is better planned and becoming more deadly....The guy in Vegas may not have had any Professional Training, I don't know....but the access to the knowledge is very easy to find and study.....the Tools that he used showed more thought and preparedness......

full auto,bump fire all are a waste of ammo

I agree with that 100%. The nut job doing the shooting didn't care much
about accuracy when spraying bullets into a crowd of 22,000.
When I was in charge of SWAT I bought 3 Ruger heavy barrel rifles
in .308, equipped with Leupold 4 X 12 scope sights.
We could easily get 1 inch groups at 100 yards but sighted in at 50
yards.
I policed a city so a shot with such a rifle would seldom ever exceed
50 yards.

Of course they were used in a crime ergo the police had them.
Serial numbers not entered into NCIC or cleared from NCIC.
The department had an Federal Firearms License thus legal.

Because of course, governmental paperwork is infallible... LOL...
No thanks. Way too risky in my book.

I still can't accept the "nut job" theory. It took him YEARS to amass these weapons. He also seemed to be doing it in secret, and though he obviously had plenty of practice with the weapons, nobody who knows him would have pegged him as a gun nut. It's really, really weird. I still say an MKUltra bit is the only explanation that fits, as out there as it is. This reeks of false flag...and so did Orlando.

For that matter, so did the guy they CAUGHT in CA the same day the Orlando shooting took place, and the same for the guy they CAUGHT in TN the day after the Vegas shooting. Both loaded with weapons and ammo, likely ready to do the same. Do people go crazy in pairs, at the same time, in different states? I doubt it.

full auto,bump fire all are a waste of ammo

I agree with that 100%. The nut job doing the shooting didn't care much
about accuracy when spraying bullets into a crowd of 22,000.
When I was in charge of SWAT I bought 3 Ruger heavy barrel rifles
in .308, equipped with Leupold 4 X 12 scope sights.
We could easily get 1 inch groups at 100 yards but sighted in at 50
yards.
I policed a city so a shot with such a rifle would seldom ever exceed
50 yards.

The shooter was not trying to hit a specific target, no need for an accurate bolt gun, that's the whole point....it would have been useless for his purpose....How is it a waste of ammo ? The damage he did proved how effective a high rate of fire and the Bumpfire stocks are....59 dead and 500+ injured....he effectively used a lot of ammo.....

@ Gazrok

Insane people aren't stupid.
I was a police officer for over 2 decades and we were very well trained
in recognizing the mentally ill as we often dealt with mentally ill people.
Some of the brightest people were 5 fries shy of a Happy Meal.
It takes a warped person to do what this shooter did but that does
not equal stupid.

@ drt4lfe
Yes the nut job shooter just wanted to inflict as much damage as possible.
Specific targets were irrelevant.
Imagine the carnage if he'd ignited the tanks of fuel.

I never saw a need (even teotwawki) for a bumpfire stock and/or full-auto.

Sure, slinging lead downrange at 600+ rounds per minute seems devastating, but I question if it contributes to survival.

Full-auto fire reduces the functional life of the weapon because of the wear and tear, the ammo runs out quicker, and there is more risk to innocent bystanders in full-auto mode.

Also, most navy SEALs and other special forces people prefer semi auto, since they often work without easy resupply, and they work in close quarters with each other and don't want friendly fire casualties...which is more likely with full-auto.

I have guns for post SHTF for self-defense, security, and subsistance hunting.

This is different than guerrilla warfare...which doesn't interest me.

Those bumpfire toys seem like they would appeal to people who have seen Rambo and Red Dawn too many times.

Asymetric warfare is nasty, dirty, disgusting, and awful. I believe that 90% of the people who bought things like this would fall apart after six hours of real guerrilla warfare.

These toys give legitimate gun owners a bad name.

Thank you for considering my lengthy post.

I only used full auto a couple of times in 12 years of my service strictly suppressive firing. My son n law who spent 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan never put his M4 in FA even in room clearing situations, in the civilian world it’s totally unnecessary. Hollywood glamorized the use of FA and it’s effectiveness :-/

I only used full auto a couple of times in 12 years of my service strictly suppressive firing. My son n law who spent 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan never put his M4 in FA even in room clearing situations, in the civilian world it’s totally unnecessary. Hollywood glamorized the use of FA and it’s effectiveness :-/

It does not matter if you think automatic fire has no use in the civilian world, The shooter in Vegas proved that with a few weapon accessories that allowed him to fire close to automatic cycle rate that you can totally create massive carnage.......I know of no one who would use full automatic clearing rooms, you do not get taught or trained to use full auto clearing rooms, that has nothing to do with Vegas shooter....the Vegas shooter created mayhem doing what people keep saying is not needed or necessary......he did it anyway....If that is not enough proof that full auto is very useful and damaging then I don't know what is....

Listening to Rush a bit ago, I thought crossed my mind. Follow this story for a minute.

Picture 2 soldiers in a foxhole, Charlie & Larry. There are enemies firing at them, and they start talking about a strategy to beat the enemy. Without warning, Larry jumps out of the foxhole & starts running at the enemy & is hit & jumps into another foxhole. He yells back demanding that Charlie pull a unit of Charlie's own blood & throw it up there so Larry can replace what has bled out. Charlie yells to Larry to stop running up there, it's not working, but he uses his medical kit, drains a unit out of his own veins, and throws it up to Larry. Larry doesn't do much to treat the wound but takes the unit of blood. He then jumps out & runs a few more yards before getting shot again & falls into another foxhole. He again yells back for more blood, Charlie argues, but gives him more blood. And the cycle keeps repeating.

OK, what's that story about? Well Larry is the Liberals and Charlie is conservatives. Look at history to see how this has played out. The country was under moral failure, and in the 60's the liberals kicked the Bible out of the classroom. Then Prayer. After all, you can't force kids to have morals. First unit of blood drawn. Then drugs went crazy, and liberals said we surely can't spank kids in schools any more. And the gays wanted in the military. And perverts wanted to marry. And illegals wanted everything given to them. And we can't be mean by not offering cable TV to prisoners. And and and and.

And now we have a guy kill 50+ people and injure hundreds more? You know he was a liberal. But of course we have to understand how he was feeling, why he did this, figure out what conservative positions caused this to happen... Above I listed all the reasons this happened.

I tell you, the 'bravery' of the liberals is draining every drop of blood I have!

It does not matter if you think automatic fire has no use in the civilian world, The shooter in Vegas proved that with a few weapon accessories that allowed him to fire close to automatic cycle rate that you can totally create massive carnage.......I know of no one who would use full automatic clearing rooms, you do not get taught or trained to use full auto clearing rooms, that has nothing to do with Vegas shooter....the Vegas shooter created mayhem doing what people keep saying is not needed or necessary......he did it anyway....If that is not enough proof that full auto is very useful and damaging then I don't know what is....

One isn’t necessarily trained for FA efficiency even in the Military, being trained for FA efficiency is weapon specific, being trained for any situation doesn’t dictate reality, because one isn’t trained using FA in room clearing doesn’t mean it’s never been used, it has. Anyone hell bent on mass killings will purchase make or modify any weapon for the desired effect doesn’t mean we should all convert our weapons because of the carnage affect. As I said, I don’t see a purpose for it. I don’t see us civilians going to war that requires the option unless one is into the wow factor. I’m not against owning a weapon capable of FA I just don’t see a purpose was my point, I’m not into the wow factor or carnage affect.

For this incident the shooter planned and prepared the best weapons for the job, high rate of fire with a large number of targets.....was he coached ? Did he plan this based on other shootings ? Perhaps the Texas Tower shooter ? get up high with lots of guns and ammo ? his intent was the wow factor and carnage.....the wow factor and carnage along with a large dose of fear is what defeating your enemy is all about, why he felt those people were an enemy ? we may never know, Enemy may be the wrong word, but if you plan to do what he did against so many in his eyes they may have been the enemy ? I know that all Law abiding gun owners will suffer again due to this shooting.....another ammo run and shortage ? sky high prices on everything ? backorders due to sales volumes ? AR15's jump from $400 to $800 ? Hopefully the fact that Trump, in my mind won't be stupid like Obama did may help ?

In my not very humble opinion full auto fire from a shoulder fired
rifle is a waste of ammo and heats the barrel to dangerous temps.
We had a couple M4 SWAT rifles capable of full auto but never even
once practiced in full auto.
For military operations full auto is darned handy especially for
suppressive fire.
We even had three WWII mil surp Reising sub guns we used in
semi auto mode.
It did make a very handy .45 a.c.p. carbine in semi auto mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M50_Reising

Latest posts

Back