I think we are sliding a bit guys, are we?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Been trawling the forum and I think we may be starting to take our eye off the prepping ball, do you think we spend to much time talking politics which we have no direct influence over, instead of exploring improving our preps?

I think we POSSIBLY maybe not focusing enough on looking what new kit, supplies, technology is available to us. Not enough on the latest firearms suitable for preppers, latest radio and other comms kit, latest flashlights, best long term batteries, newest Nav systems, new homesteading tools (yard and kitchen) , storage systems, vehicles, prepper specific gear, food stuffs, medical advances, bargains, plans etc.

Do y'all think we are drifting just a little bit to far from our core reason for being here.

BTW are y'all aware you can still get good online prepping magazines like ASG and Recoil OFFGRID etc ?

I like the fact that we start a topic and it branches into discussions of several other things. It keeps it interesting. I completely agree though that the polarized political topics don’t do much good for either side. Prepping to me is about common sense, and when does politics make common sense?

I think that most of us have been here for a while and feel set and reasonably ready so talking about prep stuff can be a bit monotonous. However I personally feel that political discussions feel about the same. But I’m also one of the old men on this mountain so maybe everything feels monotonous. Lol.

Hey all, you are right and wrong...we met here after Clyde had a great idea. PREPPING. Getting ready for the known/UNKNOWN. What each of us knows, should be shared with the others (not meaning the unknowing...) Everyone of us is seeing things in his/hers/its own part of the world and from a different angle. Which means, everyone has a different piece of the BIG PICTURE. Every puzzle has its pieces, if only ONE piece is missing the puzzle remains a puzzle and NOT A FULL PICTURE. While we should follow Clydes prepping guide, we cannot allow ourselves to be too diverse to "forget" the main point, and we cannot also allow ourselves to not get the full picture. One leads to the other and the both lead to survival and living when TEOTWAWKI: PREPPING. Live free, GP

Been trawling the forum and I think we may be starting to take our eye off the prepping ball, do you think we spend to much time talking politics which we have no direct influence over, instead of exploring improving our preps?

I think we POSSIBLY maybe not focusing enough on looking what new kit, supplies, technology is available to us. Not enough on the latest firearms suitable for preppers, latest radio and other comms kit, latest flashlights, best long term batteries, newest Nav systems, new homesteading tools (yard and kitchen) , storage systems, vehicles, prepper specific gear, food stuffs, medical advances, bargains, plans etc.

Do y'all think we are drifting just a little bit to far from our core reason for being here.

BTW are y'all aware you can still get good online prepping magazines like ASG and Recoil OFFGRID etc ?
I don't know , We got food , housing , security , water , transportation , fire making , communication so now we chit chat about issues and see where everybody's at on stuff .
I could see someone new that didn't take time to look through the threads could miss out on a lot of information . I sometimes bring out a old thread for that reason .

I took a hiatus a few years ago to avoid politics. Not to escape other people talking about it, but to avoid talking about it myself. I have been more restrained since returning. I will give my opinion but try to avoid long drawn out arguments. I pick my fights much more carefully these days.

I feel like my two millennial kids have their heads on straight, so I think I'm ready to step back and let them fight those battles while I try to enjoy retirement.

I took a hiatus a few years ago to avoid politics. Not to escape other people talking about it, but to avoid talking about it myself. I have been more restrained since returning. I will give my opinion but try to avoid long drawn out arguments. I pick my fights much more carefully these days.

I feel like my two millennial kids have their heads on straight, so I think I'm ready to step back and let them fight those battles while I try to enjoy retirement.

A wise man picks wise words to show the unwise the direction they should walk to find wisdom, respect DrHenley. My greatest challenge was to prepare my children to be ready for this world. Get them ready to see the truths behind the lies and see the future by not repeating the past...Live free, GP

A wise old woman once told me she didn’t care about the rest of the world, she just wanted to make her little portion of it as peaceful and pleasant as she could. I was young and full of energy at the time, wanting to change things for the better. Now I am realizing just how smart she really was.

A wise old woman once told me she didn’t care about the rest of the world, she just wanted to make her little portion of it as peaceful and pleasant as she could. I was young and full of energy at the time, wanting to change things for the better. Now I am realizing just how smart she really was.
I think that is what is meant by "Charity begins at home"

Ya see psalm is right read through all the old discussions from say 2013 or further then wonder why we talk about non-prep stuff. Lol. Watch my journey to Moderator. Lol. I just think I’m Clydes type of asshole.. Plus I know a lot about knives second only to Dr Henley;):cool:

I think that is what is meant by "Charity begins at home"

Right again, DrHenley. Many use the word Charity, only some know the original word from the Hebrew which Jesus spoke, translated into the Latin and Greek we got until to the year 1572 when the king of England decided to put an english bible together. His brother, in a less than Christian way, wanted to be the man in history who was cited to create the first english bible. So he just killed the king and brother, put his name on the bible we all know now as the "King James version".
The true meaning of the word CHARITY, means "love in action". FAITH, HOPE and LOVE IN ACTION. When we practice --love in action-- at home as you quoted, we act then as true mothers and fathers in showing the way to live and not dictating it.
Granddad repeated to us also wise words: "look at your hand as you point a finger at others, you will notice that 3 of your other fingers point BACK AT YOU!"

Latest posts

Back