Hello from the Lightning Capitol of North America

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielK

Reaction score
Been searching around for information on Disaster/Emergency Preparedness and stumbled across this site.

I am recently retired US Army, USAR 33 years. Infantry, Senior Drill Sergeant, NCOES Instructor, Operations and Training NCO. I hold a Professional Development certificate from FEMA for completing multiple Emergency Management courses. So I am not exactly a newb on the subject of Emergency/Disaster preparedness. I became interested on the subject of Disaster Planning after experiencing the Loma Prieta earthquake.

Where I live now has Hurricanes, Severe Storms and the occasional Tornado to contend with. Since I am passionate about preparedness and the implications of not being prepared. I have set out on the mission to get as many people in my area tuned into the Preparedness Mindset. This is easier said than done.

My intent on the forum is to pass on anything I can to assist others, and learn anything I can to help others.

Thanks for having me.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

thanks for your service..we have others here,who are military.bunch of great folks..there's topics here on tornadoes hurricanes,as well as other natural disasters.i already knew we live in tornado ally,and that their possible here.then we had a tornado 3 Fridays ago.in which it got as close as 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile from us.to close for comfort there.so i've upped the importance of fixing up our hall closet for times like that..

Welcome from this side of the puddle!
hope you enjoy it here,but you do have steep uphill struggle to get people to prep,heck I don't seem to get my nearest to understand the importance of this.

Welcome to DPF. Lighting capital? You must have typed wrong...and meant the Lone Star State. ;). Besides a tornado (see Jimle latest post, we market the electrical stuff...other than straight line winds...lol.

Good to have you aboard.

You must be in my neck of the woods here in FL. Heck, we even name our sports teams for it (The Lightning, The Storm, etc.)..... Thank you for your service, and look forward to reading your posts. I'm sure there's a lot you can teach us, but probably a lot you can learn from the farmers and homesteaders here too.

Been searching around for information on Disaster/Emergency Preparedness and stumbled across this site.

I am recently retired US Army, USAR 33 years. Infantry, Senior Drill Sergeant, NCOES Instructor, Operations and Training NCO. I hold a Professional Development certificate from FEMA for completing multiple Emergency Management courses. So I am not exactly a newb on the subject of Emergency/Disaster preparedness. I became interested on the subject of Disaster Planning after experiencing the Loma Prieta earthquake.

Where I live now has Hurricanes, Severe Storms and the occasional Tornado to contend with. Since I am passionate about preparedness and the implications of not being prepared. I have set out on the mission to get as many people in my area tuned into the Preparedness Mindset. This is easier said than done.

My intent on the forum is to pass on anything I can to assist others, and learn anything I can to help others.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome, and thanks for your service too. There are lots of vets here, and others with experience in many different areas. I too would like to share more preparedness info with others in my community but am amazed at the lack of interest.

there's a tree across the road from me.in which it's been struck 3 times by lightning, that i know of..and of course,it's laying on the ground now..

Yeah, first mine had a large branch down. Then, after the second strike, pretty much all of the tree. It's still there, because it would cost a fortune to get it taken care of, and really isn't affecting much in that pasture.

ours is next to a pond in a pasture.and where it's not a worry..so everyone is letting nature take it's course..

Latest posts

Back