Hello from LA (SoCal)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shindig

Reaction score
Hi guys - newbie here. Hoping to not only learn more from y’all but also have a place to share common interests and concerns du jour. I realized why some of the prepper/survivalist YouTube channels I’ve been watching mentioned about keeping quiet when you start to prep and stockpile. Most came from the POV that people can end up overtaking your supply when SHTF...but my experience has been that my mom thinks I’m crazy and “have gone off the deep end.” I can’t wrap my head around how, especially with what we have experienced in 2020, she would prepping makes me a “paranoid fanatic who needs to stop watching the news.” I love my mom but it sucks to be unsupported and looked at like I’m crazy. I didn’t know this was going to be like fight club... Anyway, reading some of the posts on here have really helped! Peace.

Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

The wife thought I as a little daffy until everybody else was scrambling for Toilet Paper and we were stocked up. Both of us are prepping now.

Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

The wife thought I as a little daffy until everybody else was scrambling for Toilet Paper and we were stocked up. Both of us are prepping now.

Thanks for the encouragement! I actually got a bidet back in early February just because I had been wanting one. Still on the same roll of TP since mid-March. Of course, if water becomes unavailable, I’ll have to switch to other sources. But for now, it’s been pretty awesome...So in a way, I have ample TP in my arsenal. Yay!

Welcome from Tennessee .
If You think 2020 is unusual You should have seen the 70's and 80's .

Lol. I barely remember the 80s, but I get your sentiment. From some of my humble readings, I’m not sure there was really a time of calm or peace for all people in all parts of the world. To be honest, it feels a lot like nature’s hard reset right now. As a prepper newbie, I’m fluctuating between “I got this” to “Why life, what is life, why try...” Still trying to figure out an emotional balance if there is one.

Welcome from upstate NY you'll find a lot of good information here on the forums so read & participate as much as possible as for your mom try to gradually show her how being prepared can make life easier during a disaster but keep in mind that if the necessity arises however unthinkable you might have to do what you need to to insure your own safety and leave her to fend for herself

Welcome from upstate NY you'll find a lot of good information here on the forums so read & participate as much as possible as for your mom try to gradually show her how being prepared can make life easier during a disaster but keep in mind that if the necessity arises however unthinkable you might have to do what you need to to insure your own safety and leave her to fend for herself

Thank you for the encouragement. You’re right. I gotta do me first. Learning a lot and going back into posts from like 2016. I feel like I stumbled into a whole new world here. It’s quite exciting to feel empowered and self-reliant.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Latest posts

Back