Christmas Gifts for Little Preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaSue

Reaction score
What gifts would you recommend giving to your children or friends children as things to help them potentially prepare for disaster? All of the silly stocking stuffer things seem irrelevant to me this year, and I would much rather spend my money on items they could use that would be beneficial to them.

Well, I don't/didn't have children, but depending on their age, I would think small games would be perfect to while away their time away from their friends and playmates. Old Maid, Deck of regular playing cards with some cute theme on the backs, board games they like now or have expressed an interest in, age-appropriate jigsaw puzzles. Things like that. Lots of fun items at BitsAndPieces.com. Heck, I even like a big 1000-pc jigsaw puzzle and have a piece of white cloth to top my table at our BOL cabin with when I work on one. Maybe their own personal children's sleeping bag? Personalized thermal underwear? Their own personal Chill Pad?

How old are they? Hard to suggest age appropriate things without an age. Also, it would help to know their basic interests.

Perhaps a ferrocerium rod, a P-38 can opener, an older Puma knife (from back when they made good ones anyhow - awesome engravings on them and each blade was rockwell tested), a 5mw or better green laser pointer (good for signalling if used responsibly - fun seeing the beam too). I know I'd love to see a tomahawk blade sticking out of the top of a stocking on Christmas morning!

How old are they? Hard to suggest age appropriate things without an age. Also, it would help to know their basic interests.

Perhaps a ferrocerium rod, a P-38 can opener, an older Puma knife (from back when they made good ones anyhow - awesome engravings on them and each blade was rockwell tested), a 5mw or better green laser pointer (good for signalling if used responsibly - fun seeing the beam too). I know I'd love to see a tomahawk blade sticking out of the top of a stocking on Christmas morning!

Ages 2 to 21. List all the gifts!! These are great suggestions. :)

For really young kids, things like flash lights/head lamps, binoculars, compass, small gardening tools (trowel, hand rake), maybe a simple container gardening kit (this a fun activity and teaches gardening and science in a hands-on way), a small tent, etc. At this age, it's about introducing them to the basic concepts of life and you want prepping to be part of that. So making it normal to have and to use these items is a good idea. Other ideas are simple books that teach about the way the world works in general - we had a bunch of the Scholastic First Discovery books when we were kids and I learned a lot of foundational concepts about the world that way. You might ask what this has to do with prepping but it's important to know how things work if you're going to be able to survive.
For kids older than about 6 or so, they certainly can start having things like a camping gear, tool set (hammer, screw drivers, pliers, wrenches, etc), multi-tool (I remember I bought one of these for my maybe 5 year old brother and my mom didn't think he was old enough yet but he liked it), more advanced gardening supplies, first aid kit and first aid instructional book (we had a children's first aid book as kids and we would practice on stuffed animals because my mom always told us not to do practice on each other - most of my foundational knowledge of first aid comes from these experiences). Depending on what these kids are familiar with, archery, hunting, and fishing gear could be good as well.
For 12 and up, pretty much anything prepper related can be good as long as they are taught the safe and correct way to use it. Classes on different topics related to prepping (first aid, self-defense, etc) might be a good idea too at this age.
I have almost always bought my siblings useful items and prepper supplies rather than toys. I'm getting my 13 year old sister a machete this year (by her request) and often give pocket knives, camping gear, etc depending on their interest and what they want but don't have.

Some prepping related apps for their phones / i pads, decent flashlight, compass, high quality pocket knife , nice multi tool, telescopic fishing pole kit, tactical pen and lessons on how to use it as a self defence tool, prepper related play station game like THE LAST OF US, Slash and stab proof back pack for school, stab resistant hoody (yes the UK is that bad now) , bicycle related multi tool, puncture proof bicycle tyres if they ride bikes. Paracord bracelet (assorted colours), horse riding lessons, quad riding lessons, swimming lessons, shooting safety lessons, cooking lessons, first aid lessons, navigating lessons plus any other skill intros you think they may enjoy.

We’re getting our 6 year old a microscope for Christmas, only £28 and it’s quite powerful she’s been going on about it for a while. She loves collecting things on walks so will fit in nicely. Always get her a good pair of wellies/ walking shoes for Christmas or birthdays and she asked for a bow and arrow this year (just a sucker one in, for the dogs sake)

We’re getting our 6 year old a microscope for Christmas, only £28 and it’s quite powerful she’s been going on about it for a while. She loves collecting things on walks so will fit in nicely. Always get her a good pair of wellies/ walking shoes for Christmas or birthdays and she asked for a bow and arrow this year (just a sucker one in, for the dogs sake)
Consider getting her some derri boots, warm, waterproof, easy to clean, my son when he was little loved his.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Derri-Wate...=1&keywords=derri+boots&qid=1605692828&sr=8-2

get them a cheap pop-up tent for "camping" - even if the camping has to be in their bedroom >> buy actual good quality gear to go along with the theme - they should have a sleeping bag - a compass - a quality knife if age appropriate - same same with fire starting - books on pioneering & local foraging - fishing gear - air rifle /BB gun to start with firearm upgrade for growth .....

Much would depend on their ages. Flashlights and headlamps are always good. You can find multiple styles and colors that would be girl or boy appropriate. Check out the Atomic Bear Paracord bracelet on Amazon. A good gift that won't break the bank.

A multi use survival radio is a thought. Battery/solar/hand crank with flashlight. Some of the smaller ones might fit the bill. Otherwise it might be a little pricey.

IMHO crafts are good gifts that will teach skills for the future. Maybe a sewing kit or a leather working kit.

Latest posts

Back