Anyone here drink raw milk?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
Currently reading a fascinating book The Raw Milk Revolution.

It is fascinating and infuriating on what we can or can not eat, and how difficult the government makes for consenting adults to conduct free trade. Consenting adults, you would think I am talking about prostitution or drugs, but no, we are talking about milk!

So, anyone drink it? How does it taste, do you feel healthier?

I don't pasteurize the goat's milk. I don't drink much milk, but the family does and no one has ever got sick from it. I use it to make cheese and other goodies.

Living in the Dairy Land I know alot of people that drink straight from the bulk tank. Dip out a pitcher of milk and take it right to the table. I have had it many times myself. It is richer, especially compared to skim or 1%.

i never have drank it that way..but i have often wondered what it taste like compared to store bought

I feel better knowing it hasn't been messed with. Like many things we consume straight from the source is always better. I've often thought about getting a milk coat goat but truthfully don't have time for it. I need to find someone with a dairy. Everyone here has beef. Speaking of that....meet black eye. We will eat him in 18 months.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368464024465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368464024465.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
Currently reading a fascinating book The Raw Milk Revolution.

It is fascinating and infuriating on what we can or can not eat, and how difficult the government makes for consenting adults to conduct free trade. Consenting adults, you would think I am talking about prostitution or drugs, but no, we are talking about milk!

So, anyone drink it? How does it taste, do you feel healthier?
No I don't drink raw milk. In fact I don't drink any milk.

i not only know someone with a Dairy..but i work for him when hay cutting season is in full swing..so i might be able to get some milk from him time 2 time..

I drink it.. and love it. Cold that is... plus it will make you as fat as.....well....a cow. Its kinda thick if your not used to it though Kenny. A little sweet. ....... I remember my wife always wanted a milk cow. Her being from the city I knew she didn't have a clue about it. I hated the idea because you always are at home. They have to be milked every day, not when you need milk or its convenient, every day....so I bring home some milk from a friends who happens to have a cow......knowing this will end that topic once and for all. ....it tastes nothing much like store bout milk. She takes a tiny little sip ....smacks a little . While I'm waiting for her to gag. Then she say loudly OOOOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEAAHHHHH I'm getting a cow. So that pretty much settled it

I love the taste of raw milk and all the differnt uses of. I had been trying to talk my hunny into a milk cow for years now. Evenually, he got me some goats that recently I have been able to milk. He also broke down a few monthsago and got me a heifer calf. We have raised a couple bull calves and bought a couple yearling steers. Guess he thought that they needed a female finally. So, honestly, I am looking forward to the day I can finally milk her. I am looking forward to making cheese and butter.

This is my advice for you and your heifer. Get her used to being tied with you messing with her. Get her used to you messing with her teats and udder, good way to do that is to just wash it well with a wash cloth and warm water. Tie her tail up if she's swinging it. If after all of this, learn how to hobble her hind legs or tie her near leg straight out behind her so she can't kick the heck out of you or put a foot in the milk pail. Work with her every other day or so until it's old hat to her and milking shouldn't be an "OH MY GOD WTH are you doing to me" ordeal for her. Just my two cents worth.

This is my advice for you and your heifer. Get her used to being tied with you messing with her. Get her used to you messing with her teats and udder, good way to do that is to just wash it well with a wash cloth and warm water. Tie her tail up if she's swinging it. If after all of this, learn how to hobble her hind legs or tie her near leg straight out behind her so she can't kick the heck out of you or put a foot in the milk pail. Work with her every other day or so until it's old hat to her and milking shouldn't be an "OH MY GOD WTH are you doing to me" ordeal for her. Just my two cents worth.
You know that I love your "two cents worth" Anorak.

You are very welcome. I just do not want to see you get hurt. First time milkers can be squirrelly as heck and getting kicked in the chest really sucks.

She was wild when we brought her home (hog ted in the back of an Expedition, hubby only wanted to go look, go figure, he bought. She bulked at every slow down and stop light and after a 50 mile trip home got losse at about a mile away. She stood up and hubby jumped a curb to get pass the stop light. He jumped out to tackle and I jumped over to drive the rest of the way home. ) so right now have been trying to make "friends" I can rub on her during feeding and she is curious when I am petting on the boys. I think she will eventually come around.

I hope so or you're going to be hobbling her and putting her in a milk stanchion.

You are very welcome. I just do not want to see you get hurt. First time milkers can be squirrelly as heck and getting kicked in the chest really sucks.
I know that they can be. . . and honestly, I am not looking forward to the first few weeks with this one when she comes to season, but I am determined and have done it before, but in my younger years. . .lol

Latest posts

Back