You lot need to study this for your preps

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is crazy optimistic. Take an EMP type event that takes out the grid. It'll be 50% dead in the first 2 weeks. 6 months out? 95% dead?
I don’t think the panic would set in in just two weeks. In three or four the frustrations outdo start to boil over and it would get worse from there. I’m hoping 95% even after a long time is well on the high side but nothing would surprise me.

People hooked up to municipal water in the next county over can keep the water lines pressurized for 7 days on generator, sewer is another issue, after 8 days the sewer pumps will stop, supermarkets have 3 days of non perishable foods. People are going to know in very short order this isn't a local event so the rush to shop but in reality, how many people are actually going to show up for work to open these stores the next day!?! Depending on the time of day, looting going to start at least on the second day in large cities. A lot of people are going to see the cascading affect before they are affected themselves. I see First Responder numbers dwindling in a major event probably within the first week given they also have families too. I don't see anything orderly after the second day.

The only thing the government is concerned with after an event such as this is, continuity, assessing, operations and security of the infrastructure such as communications, command and control, response, hospitals, airports, rail etc... so don't expect help!

People hooked up to municipal water in the next county over can keep the water lines pressurized for 7 days on generator, sewer is another issue, after 8 days the sewer pumps will stop, supermarkets have 3 days of non perishable foods. People are going to know in very short order this isn't a local event so the rush to shop but in reality, how many people are actually going to show up for work to open these stores the next day!?! Depending on the time of day, looting going to start at least on the second day in large cities. A lot of people are going to see the cascading affect before they are affected themselves. I see First Responder numbers dwindling in a major event probably within the first week given they also have families too. I don't see anything orderly after the second day.

The only thing the government is concerned with after an event such as this is, continuity, assessing, operations and security of the infrastructure such as communications, command and control, response, hospitals, airports, rail etc... so don't expect help!

In much of metropilitan Europe and North America if the Electricity goes off then so does the Gas and WATER and SEWAGE as in many areas the Gas and Water /SEWAGE is pumped around by electric motors. No Leccy = No water in the toilet, No drinking water coming from the taps / faucets, No central heating, No lights, No Aircon, No Refridgeration, No fuel at the service stations, No street lights, No Phones, No Internet. Three days in summer and diseases WILL break out and evverything will begin to stink, Three days in winter and millions die of hypothermia.

Last edited:
Thinking about what could and would happen, I might bug out if there is time and warning. If not, I'll dig in, wait till the masses have cut themselves down to size to make my job easier. Wait, stay quiet, exercise, practice and train, move little or none, prepare the house to look burned-out, stuff the staircase with un-needed furniture and be ready to repell possible entry. GP

If the entire power grid goes down... a possible scenario:
day 1: confusion
day 2: stores emptied
day 3: anger, fighting starts
Week1: city exodus begins
Week2: gang violence in full force. out-of-control riots. Destruction. Zero law enforcement/military. Chaos and mass murder begins.
Month1: 25% of the population dead? The unable to adapt die.
Month2: 50% of population dead? The unprepared begin to die.
And it goes downhill from there.

we have a saying in the UK, when the time comes to bug out it will be: cold, wet and......winter!
any sheeple that tries to leave a city and survive in the open in the winter isn't going to last very long, even in Britain.
and how many modern young women with their model looks and narrow cheekbones are going to put up with "roughing it" for very long?

we have a saying in the UK, when the time comes to bug out it will be: cold, wet and......winter!
any sheeple that tries to leave a city and survive in the open in the winter isn't going to last very long, even in Britain.
and how many modern young women with their model looks and narrow cheekbones are going to put up with "roughing it" for very long?
What, disasters aren’t allowed to happen when you least expect or during bad weather, are they?

Latest posts

Back