xmas started early

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it ain't rudolph. I use him as a flashlight.its comit. On account he tick me off by eating my chocolate bars

Fried back strap with gravy is one of my all time favorites. When one got brought home that has always been the first meal cooked from it. Oh, this just reminds me, son 3 got a couple over the weekend and he is supposed to be dropping one off after work. . . :).

happy-xmas.gif

Make gravy from pan drippings and leftover seasoned flour. I like to do a medium colored roux.

Except for one detail, reat idea it's been so long since I made it from scratch,i don't remember all ingredients

When I'm done browning, set your deer aside on a plate. Lower heat. You should have roughly the same amount of oil to flour. I don't use a whole lot of oil to brown, just enough to coat the bottom of your pan. Add in flour and stir constantly until you get the color you want. I like a medium brown, about the color of peanut butter. Then you add in water or broth of your choice. It will be at least a couple cups of water but don't be scared to add in some more. You can always turn the heat up to get it to boil to thicken. Then check and see if you need more seasoning. I use Tex-Joy in my flour to season. When checking gravy for taste its normally just to add in a little garlic or pepper. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back