Helpful Info. What everyone must do to defeat Covid19

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been self quarantined since Feb 25th when I got a dry cough and fever. I haven't said anything because I didn't know what I had and there was no way to get tested because I didn't fit the parameters. But I was sick for over a month with a full range of respiratory problems and it affected my ears and eyes too. The more I read about peoples symptoms, the more it sounds like I had it.

I have to wait until they have an antibody test to see if I really had it. I hope I did!
I saw today the FDA approved an antibody test. No word on when it will be available to the public though.

It sounds like You may have had it @DrHenley but glad you are ok now.

@Arcticdude I hope for your wife's sake she wasn't exposed and will continue to test negative.
Thanks. My wife had it first but hers was more like a simple flu than mine and she recovered faster than I did, so I just assumed I had the flu at first. She caught it at a conference and she says a lot of people got sick after that conference. This was early February, so nobody suspected the coronavirus.
I'm about 99% over it. I still haven't regained all my hearing, taste and smell, and my sinuses still feel stuffy. The strange sense of smell I had for weeks is about gone...it was a kind of peppery smell that was so strong at one point that it gave me nightmares.

Last edited:
Thanks. My wife had it first but hers was more like a simple flu than mine and she recovered faster than I did, so I just assumed I had the flu at first. She caught it at a conference and she says a lot of people got sick after that conference. This was early February, so nobody suspected the coronavirus.
I'm about 99% over it. I still haven't regained all my hearing, taste and smell, and my sinuses still feel stuffy. The strange sense of smell I had for weeks is about gone...it was a kind of peppery smell that was so strong at one point that it gave me nightmares.

Glad both you and your wife are feeling better Doc. One of my sons told me last night that he had caught it as well about that same time frame. He had been traveling in Europe. He seems to have recovered as well but says it was truly a nasty bug.

It sounds like You may have had it @DrHenley but glad you are ok now.

@Arcticdude I hope for your wife's sake she wasn't exposed and will continue to test negative.
Her camp has been pretty much shut down for awhile now and she's been at work for close to a month already. The earliest that she'll be able to come home could be the end of May.

hope she comes in good health Arctic.

I'm in quarantine number 2 as of today,it was confirmed that one of my patients tested positive and I have to call our covid- hotline tomorrow..again and ask a few questions..

I'm in quarantine number 2 as of today,it was confirmed that one of my patients tested positive and I have to call our covid- hotline tomorrow..again and ask a few questions..

It sure would be nice to have tests available.

Hope everything is good with you too @jontte and your health stays well! Crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer. ;)

thanks Danil :) , had one test already which was neg., but then I was exposed a couple of days later to a positive patient,again, of which they told me several days later, so right now I honestly don't know anything, but hopefully it will be clear tomorrow..

yup Rellgar,more testing, without them we will loose big time..this is already a big mess, but dear friends ,don't give up hope,we are more than survivors, we are warriors,they can knock us down but we will rise and keep fighting..

Keep hearing about the tests that will give results in minutes rather than days. The would be a "game changer" by preventing someone from running around the stores while they are waiting for test results. Also allow starting treatment a couple days earlier would be a big help. (Provided there a real treatment that is more and just letting it run it's course.)

Week three of "House Arrest". Not missing the people but I do miss my RANGE time. The Warden (Wife) is not letting me out for any adventures. I can drive her someplace but I am not allowed out of the car.

Week three of "House Arrest". Not missing the people but I do miss my RANGE time. The Warden (Wife) is not letting me out for any adventures. I can drive her someplace but I am not allowed out of the car.

In the States there are drive-thru restaurants and drive in cinema. Isn't there a drive-by range? Would be popular with the gangs, somewhere to practice drive by shootings.

Ouch Karloshi, don't come up with any new hobbies. Drive by shootings even get the innocent sometimes. You only have to have a red or blue shirt or baseball cap on in the wrong side of LA and the CRIPS or the BLOODS just might shoot your tourist ###. They don't care if they get an innocent, it is still a warning to all others...GP

I just saw that in NY almost 23,000 people have died from covid 19. Hong Kong, which is very comparable in size to NYC has only had 4 covid deaths. The only difference is EVERYONE in Hong Kong wears a mask. Masks work, I don’t care how many stupid excuses people can come up with for not wearing them.....

Latest posts

Back