This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started clearing out around the house site and up the hill to where the power plant and solar site is going. Cut about 300-400 trees so far. Made firewood out of the larger trees, the rest will go in a pile and burnt. Started on fencing in about 10 acres for the wife's mini donkeys and sheep. Only got a few posts in so far. We want to keep the small critters close to the house. The cattle will free range over the rest of the ranch. Going to try getting the tractor out tomorrow.

Finaly getting the alignments done on car.like i should of done back who knows when.gonna look into good used tires next.still needstilluple of things for camping.

Don't know about where you are, but there are tons of used tire stores around here....

i got these at a yard sale today..

DSCN1908.JPG DSCN1909.JPG

Last edited:
Those are interesting buckets. I've not seen any like them before. What were they for originally?

We used to get them with axle and bearing grease in them year and years ago though they were blue, red, green and black buckets depending on supplier from Texaco, Sinclair, Richfield and Master Lubricants to name a few... good memories :)

well.i got one ammo can full of snacks(junk food) for my camping trip..another mostly filled with store bought canned foods.and more junk food..the other three is for home canned foods...i have several old newspapers i'll use to wrap the canned foods in,before putting them into the canisters..

I got an email from Gander Mountain. In case some of you don't know, they're like Cabelas light, and recently filed bankruptcy. They were bought by Camping World. Anyways, their stuff went on sale this week, supposedly to prepare for the takeover, but they're calling it a liquidation. Whatever. Either way, ammo was 10% off, which was still too high. Guns and knives the same. Camping stuff was more like 20 to 30% off, so we got a few things that we'd been thinking about. Also got a cleaning kit for the camelbaks for $7, which I'd been needing.

I got an email from Gander Mountain. In case some of you don't know, they're like Cabelas light, and recently filed bankruptcy. They were bought by Camping World. Anyways, their stuff went on sale this week, supposedly to prepare for the takeover, but they're calling it a liquidation. Whatever. Either way, ammo was 10% off, which was still too high. Guns and knives the same. Camping stuff was more like 20 to 30% off, so we got a few things that we'd been thinking about. Also got a cleaning kit for the camelbaks for $7, which I'd been needing.

That's too bad Gander Mountain been around a while :( first Bass Pro Shops bought out Cabelas and now Gander Mountain gone... sad

Maybe they'll come back. I made a habit out of both Cabelas and Gander. It's 100 miles to Bass Pro so we don't go there much....

i finally got all 5 ammo cans/buckets loaded with the food,that i'll be taking on the camping trip.2 good things about that.is,i wrapped each jar in newspaper before putting them into the cans.lil chance of them getting broke that way.even if one does break.it'll stay with-in the canister,untill i deal with it....

Earlier this year when they went into Chapter 11, they said they were closing 32 stores.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/03/13/gander-mountain-bankruptcy-store-closings/99125958/

The on their website, they announced a "Going out of business" liquidation sale. But also said that "the Gander Mountain brand means that we will continue to be a part of the specialty outdoor market."

http://www.gandermountain.com/

But now, Gander Mountain has been bought by Camping World, and the owner of Camping World, Marcus Lemonis, is saying they hope to keep 70 stores open out of 126. That would mean 56 stores closing. They are liquidating their inventory at all 126 locations due to the buyout because the inventory was bought by a liquidator, not by Camping World.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...fast-says-new-owner-marcus-lemonis/101402750/

Interesting... anybody ever been to a Camping World store? Can t say that I've ever seen one but I've heard of them...

Back