This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a friend's place yesterday and checked out his 'Walapini' (below ground) greenhouse. Pretty neat. With only a clear poly-tarp roof, the temperature in it was stable enough to have kept their lettuce, greens and a couple of tomatoes going all winter in addition to some potatoes & carrots. I've been thinking about something similar for a while now but never got to it.....too many other irons in the fire. Theirs is apx. 10 ft. wide x 25 ft. long x 8 ft. deep. Even as dry as it is here, they only need to water it about every 3 weeks. When the moisture evaporates out of the ground, it condenses on the roof & falls back down on the plants. I like that.
Next time try to snap a picture for us!

got my email notification 2 days ago.the food from Food4Patriots is on it's way..got the seeds planted in my garden.and it looks like we're in for some rain today..

rob..have you tried down sizing the pic's? i have to do that when ever i use my camera or cell phone to take pic's,then up load them to here,or where ever..

feels like I've done nothing when I read what you guys have done,well school and practicum takes it own,and my tent stove is still in the makeing,nearly done but I want to incorporate a grate in it.but once done pics will be posted as promised.

Today I'm moving out of our temporary house near town to live full time at our BOL. The barn construction will start in a couple of weeks when the ground drys out. After the barn is finished I'll move everything out of our storage units in town. We have a small cabin that we'll live in until the house gets built next year. I hate moving! My next move will be in a pine box.

feels like I've done nothing when I read what you guys have done,well school and practicum takes it own,and my tent stove is still in the makeing,nearly done but I want to incorporate a grate in it.but once done pics will be posted as promised.
It dosent matter how much you get done, just try to do a little often, and it all adds up over time.

Today I'm moving out of our temporary house near town to live full time at our BOL. The barn construction will start in a couple of weeks when the ground drys out. After the barn is finished I'll move everything out of our storage units in town. We have a small cabin that we'll live in until the house gets built next year. I hate moving! My next move will be in a pine box.
I've accumulated so much crap over the years that I will never consider moving again!

well i got the 72-HR food supply.1st pic is what they came in.and of course,the other 4 pic's is what came in it.

2016-04-18 001.JPG 2016-04-18 002.JPG 2016-04-18 003.JPG 2016-04-18 004.JPG 2016-04-18 005.JPG

I've accumulated so much crap over the years that I will never consider moving again!

That's my situation Brent, the Wife would love to move to Arizona in fact she wants to then I walk outside and look around me and sigh thinking I'm not moving all this.

well i got the 72-HR food supply.1st pic is what they came in.and of course,the other 4 pic's is what came in it.

View attachment 5584 View attachment 5585 View attachment 5586 View attachment 5587 View attachment 5588
Nice, have you tried one yet, or are these just for emergencies? I think I may buy a couple just to see how they taste. So far my food preps have been canning in mason jars, both wet and dry. There not very portable, but they do taste pretty good.

With the pictures I've seen, why would you trade the beautiful mountains anyways for a desert?!

She likes the heat and closer to her dad ;) She going back to school to up her credentials from a mineralogist to a physicist (Geophysicist to be exact) and had a job offer with a university. The Grand Canyon was her first assignment when she graduated the first time and she loves Arizona..... she just talking out loud is all... I hope

Nice, have you tried one yet, or are these just for emergencies? I think I may buy a couple just to see how they taste. So far my food preps have been canning in mason jars, both wet and dry. There not very portable, but they do taste pretty good.

we've tried 3 diff ones.and we like them..the rest is for emergencies.i think i got dry canning figured out.just aint tried it yet.and i still gotta learn wet canning..

we've tried 3 diff ones.and we like them..the rest is for emergencies.i think i got dry canning figured out.just aint tried it yet.and i still gotta learn wet canning..
The biggest thing in canning is follow recipes exactly. Don't experiment too much as it can change the time needed to sterilize the contents. Later on you can get a little more brave, but up front just get something like the ball guide to canning and follow the directions.

well i did all the good today..first,i went to town to get gas for the mower.in which i saw a tree trimming crew,trimming back the branches and all away from the power lines.so i stopped n talked with them about bringing a load of it to me.then i came home and got the yard mowed.got my first load today.and i'll get another load monday or Tuesday.in which it'll be going in my garden once my crops start coming up..

well i did all the good today..first,i went to town to get gas for the mower.in which i saw a tree trimming crew,trimming back the branches and all away from the power lines.so i stopped n talked with them about bringing a load of it to me.then i came home and got the yard mowed.got my first load today.and i'll get another load monday or Tuesday.in which it'll be going in my garden once my crops start coming up..
I canned 18 pints of turkey broth last night. Turkey broth is my favorite to cook with. I also have a bowl of turkey meat and a large pot of turkey and rice soup left. It's amazing how much food you can get from one bird.
Yesterday I weeded in the greenhouse, and began thinning some plants. I hope to finish today. Then I mowed the whole yard, and that pretty much finished me off! I do still need to plant beans along the back garden fence, and hope to finish that today.

Latest posts

Back