This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, as long as you walk the line she has drawn marriage is great ;)

36_11_6.gif

finally,my struggle with the police who writes those gun permits is over,it only took a small change and some time in court,but I got it and as soon as the mail delivers my "new" mosin nagant m44 will arrive.
I did apply for a semi-auto too,but the police makeing the decisions here in the capital are..well a-holes (they wanna ban all semi-autos here) so it took a little longer that I had thought..and a alot of patience.

finally,my struggle with the police who writes those gun permits is over,it only took a small change and some time in court,but I got it and as soon as the mail delivers my "new" mosin nagant m44 will arrive.
I did apply for a semi-auto too,but the police makeing the decisions here in the capital are..well a-holes (they wanna ban all semi-autos here) so it took a little longer that I had thought..and a alot of patience.
Glad it's finally working out for you! I'm glad I live where it's a right to bear arms. Sometimes I think it may be too easy to get them here, but I am greatful I at least have a chance to defend myself. I'd love to see a picture when you get it!

you will!! I'm so glad about it,only small draw back is the ammo prize here as it uses the long 7,62,but with that rifle I will evetually be able to hunt something bigger than bunnies ;)
and if push comes to shove some two legged vermin too...

you will!! I'm so glad about it,only small draw back is the ammo prize here as it uses the long 7,62,but with that rifle I will evetually be able to hunt something bigger than bunnies ;)
and if push comes to shove some two legged vermin too...
Ok you've motivated me to pull out my AR and shoot it for the first time tomorrow. I've been wanting to site in the scope anyways. Every other time I've had time to try it out the weather was bad or something came up. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be great.

get out on the range Friend :)
it's simply a bucket full of fun :)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
get out on the range Friend :)
it's simply a bucket full of fun :)
I live out in the country, so no need for the range. Common sense is required though, and never firing high enough so anything could leave the property.
Well the bad news is I didn't get done with our projects In time to shoot today. The good news is the work truck is looking great! I also got the new lift home and got to try it out a little in the yard. I guess this relates a little to prepping, as having a way to make an independent living vs working for a company is taking control of your own destiny.

View attachment 4955 View attachment 4955 View attachment 4956 View attachment 4957
I live out in the country, so no need for the range. Common sense is required though, and never firing high enough so anything could leave the property.
Well the bad news is I didn't get done with our projects In time to shoot today. The good news is the work truck is looking great! I also got the new lift home and got to try it out a little in the yard. I guess this relates a little to prepping, as having a way to make an independent living vs working for a company is taking control of your own destiny.
That's a sweet setup! Good luck with your company+

went and did our primary shopping today..in which i picked up 2 more packets of spam snack,got a couple extra pouches of knorr rice sides..we havent been eating much rice lately.so i figure thatd be a great but at $1.00 each..

went and did our primary shopping today..in which i picked up 2 more packets of spam snack,got a couple extra pouches of knorr rice sides..we havent been eating much rice lately.so i figure thatd be a great but at $1.00 each..
Lol. We just did the same. I like those knorr bags. They store nicely, taste good and you can't go wrong for a buck a piece.

got that right..only reason i know about them.is my youngest brother and his wife gave us a tote of food one year,on acount they didnt know what else to buy us...and 2 or 3 knorr was in it..mom and me been like them so much.we been buying it ever since..

Treated myself with a BT99 today. My trap winter leauge started today and I shot horrible with lol. It was a bad idea to start a league with a brand new gun but it feels and shoots so nice. I just have to get used to it more. I need about 2500 rounds through every gun before I consider myself " familiar" with it.
f9d225dd3fd008ae2a0240115c152580.jpg

Got the driveway all plowed and then it decided to warm up and rain/snow mix today. Tomorrow I'm going to try and haul another load of stuff from storage up to our BOL. The road is narrow and steep in places and even on a good day I can barely get the trailer in. May have to chain up all 4 wheels. Next I'll make the hundred mile plus trip to the lumber yard and pick up enough materials to build a 12x16 storage building. Next summer my wife will use this building for her bee stuff.

So much to catch up on from the above posts! Will have to go through them...

FINALLY got to get going on the damn bunny habitat! I was hoping to get more done this weekend (but had to also fix the tractor, unexpectedly), but got the floor grid laid in (wire grid to keep them from digging out of the stall), the floor brace boards in, and a few of the wall and doorway brace boards up. I'll have to post some in-progress pics. (we're converting one of the horse stalls in the older stable, into a separated habitat for our 3 bunnies (2 males, 1 female). Eventually, I'll probably convert another stall the same way, to allow 3 more bunnies, and breeding.

We should get it all finished this coming weekend. I came up with some pretty good redneck engineering tricks while doing it too, but they'll make more sense in context with photos as I build it.

Fixed the chicken coup, as the rain here really makes the wood swell, which makes the doors stick. Hard to believe I still need to use the damn fan to keep them cool in December....

Did some minor repairs around the barnyard, as we finally have some boarders coming in (folks that will board their horses with us). 2 Horses coming (1 in Dec, 1 in Jan), and another possible 4 coming in Jan from another boarder...which will pretty much fill us up. A lot of extra monthly income if that all shakes out.

But, the big news is that after the other truck got knocked out of commission from the accident, I was able to get the Beast back up and on the road (a 1997 F350 Turbo Diesel, with all kinds of add-ons). It's a damn big truck and drives like a semi but I love it personally.

Never ceases to amaze me how much you get done Brent!
Looks like you've got a pretty good list going on as well! Some days I have to push myself more than others. I really miss the endless energy of my twenties :).
I've learned one thing about life in my 52 yrs. Most are happiest when they are working hard towards a goal, with that prize at the end. The problem is, when you reach that goal, or complete that plan, then you're like 'now what'? I think the journey is more rewarding than the destination. I must be really happy, because I have so many goals, there's not a chance in hell I'll ever complete them all before I die!:confused:

Here's one in progress pic (though more done after this one):

bunnyhutch2.jpg

Hard to see as it is a crappy pic, but bunny 2 and 3 each have about 6' of space each, while bunny 1 has about 8' of space (female, and more room in case any breeding done). The feeding point will be such that you can feed/water all 3 bunnies from one point, so you won't have to go into each of the areas. (will make more sense with the walls and fencing up). The walking area is where you enter from the stall door.

They'll each have a (hinged) burrow box, and some ramps and shelf areas to kind of play, as well as a good layer of shavings and some grasses, etc. I'm doing feed tubes similar to what I did for the chickens, but still toying with different water ideas. For now, I'll keep with the 2 liter bottles with nozzles on them (water nozzles from a standard bunny water bottle fit perfectly on 2 liter bottles (better capacity). (and cheap to replace when they chew them up, as we always have them....)

Each habitat will have it's own door (all is using standard wire fencing). The female's area will have a finer hardware mesh along the bottom 2' of fencing, to keep in little bunnies.

Back