This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deal on the house fell through. It just wasn't meant to be.
Took my cpl class last weekend and am waiting for the license in the mail now. Bow season is over and I got about 30 pounds of venison left. I hope to get out in firearm season but it looks like I'm gonna be way too busy.
Waiting for black Friday to buy an AR15.

Y'all have been very productive!! I just got back from my first ever camping trip and I have to say.....if TSHTF I'd be screwed! lol. Since it was my first time, I wasn't trying to rough it, so the back of my SUV was full & it was only for 1 night. We did buy a tent, which I'm sure is too big in a bug-out situation, but I liked camping and we plan on going again. We also camped at a campground with power and water, but baby steps, right? I realized how disorganized I am just for a night's camping, and also learned a few things as well. Building a fire in a fire pit if totally different than building one in our chiminea. Even though the temp got down to 33 degrees I still enjoyed myself, and it was a learning experience.

Deal on the house fell through. It just wasn't meant to be.
Took my cpl class last weekend and am waiting for the license in the mail now. Bow season is over and I got about 30 pounds of venison left. I hope to get out in firearm season but it looks like I'm gonna be way too busy.
Waiting for black Friday to buy an AR15.
Sorry about the house, but just keep plugging at whatever you want, and it will happen sooner or later.
I got the S&W mp AR, and I don't think you can find anything better for the money. It was right at 600. Out the door with tax. The same thing sold for 1200 just a couple years ago.

Y'all have been very productive!! I just got back from my first ever camping trip and I have to say.....if TSHTF I'd be screwed! lol. Since it was my first time, I wasn't trying to rough it, so the back of my SUV was full & it was only for 1 night. We did buy a tent, which I'm sure is too big in a bug-out situation, but I liked camping and we plan on going again. We also camped at a campground with power and water, but baby steps, right? I realized how disorganized I am just for a night's camping, and also learned a few things as well. Building a fire in a fire pit if totally different than building one in our chiminea. Even though the temp got down to 33 degrees I still enjoyed myself, and it was a learning experience.
Each time you go it will get easier and better. Experience is so much better than just reading how to do something.
One thing I really like when camping is a blow up mattress and regular sheets, comforter and my pillow. When you sleep comfortably it's a much nicer experience. I may not 'need' these things, but it is much more family friendly.

Well it has been awhile. . . this week I processed a deer. Cut up the roast to can and ground the rest. Added a granddaughter to the group and unfortunately had to pluck a goose this morning. Found that a goose had died over night. Since the geese we have were given to us, not sure how old so thought maybe old age since it was not mangled and no blood was seen. I started plucking the neck area when I saw the puncture wounds. We caught a bobcat in the chicken coop about 3 weeks ago, after it had killed 5 that week. They tend to kill, but do not eat so wonder if he is back or if we have another predator lurking around. Anyway, wasn't sure how long he was dead and while plucking on occasion I smelt him so I knew I wasn't going to keep the meat. We caught the bobcat during the process of him killing our last chicken so I kept that meat. At least I was able to add the down to the feathers I have already collected. Yep, I am one proud Nana!! Taylor 189.JPG

Keep on going! It is a learning experience for sure. First time I went was with a son and I and it was a total disaster. . . it's only uphill from here

i may of finally found out about a store that sells the burners i need for the oil lamps i have.that needs new ones.so i'll be going there here in a lil bit,to find out.

We closed on the house today, sold much of our furniture and other household items and the movers came in this morning to start packing. Tomorrow the moving truck shows up to start loading. Got the Grand Cherokee loaded down and we're ready to hit the road as soon as they finish loading the moving truck. I realize that its not the best time of year to move, but I'll feel much better just getting to our BOL. I feel fortunate that we did OK on the sale of the house, considering the flat housing market and the economy, which I think will be heading south soon.

Well it has been awhile. . . this week I processed a deer. Cut up the roast to can and ground the rest. Added a granddaughter to the group and unfortunately had to pluck a goose this morning. Found that a goose had died over night. Since the geese we have were given to us, not sure how old so thought maybe old age since it was not mangled and no blood was seen. I started plucking the neck area when I saw the puncture wounds. We caught a bobcat in the chicken coop about 3 weeks ago, after it had killed 5 that week. They tend to kill, but do not eat so wonder if he is back or if we have another predator lurking around. Anyway, wasn't sure how long he was dead and while plucking on occasion I smelt him so I knew I wasn't going to keep the meat. We caught the bobcat during the process of him killing our last chicken so I kept that meat. At least I was able to add the down to the feathers I have already collected. Yep, I am one proud Nana!!View attachment 4827
Congratulations on your new granddaughter! I just became a new grandfather myself a few months ago and I'm looking forward to spending as much time with her as possible.

Well it has been awhile. . . this week I processed a deer. Cut up the roast to can and ground the rest. Added a granddaughter to the group and unfortunately had to pluck a goose this morning. Found that a goose had died over night. Since the geese we have were given to us, not sure how old so thought maybe old age since it was not mangled and no blood was seen. I started plucking the neck area when I saw the puncture wounds. We caught a bobcat in the chicken coop about 3 weeks ago, after it had killed 5 that week. They tend to kill, but do not eat so wonder if he is back or if we have another predator lurking around. Anyway, wasn't sure how long he was dead and while plucking on occasion I smelt him so I knew I wasn't going to keep the meat. We caught the bobcat during the process of him killing our last chicken so I kept that meat. At least I was able to add the down to the feathers I have already collected. Yep, I am one proud Nana!!View attachment 4827
Congrats on the granddaughter! I hope she lives close enough to spoil often :). It's good to hear from you again.

for those with grandkids..congrats.the oil lamp burner ordeal fell through.it's like they're no longer made.lol.but i did manage to get a half gallon of lamp oil and this lil yellow object for 79 cents..i think it's great for keeping matches tender or whatever in it..and it has what appears to be a rubber seal on it,to keep whatever is inside dry..
1116152008-00.jpg

We closed on the house today, sold much of our furniture and other household items and the movers came in this morning to start packing. Tomorrow the moving truck shows up to start loading. Got the Grand Cherokee loaded down and we're ready to hit the road as soon as they finish loading the moving truck. I realize that its not the best time of year to move, but I'll feel much better just getting to our BOL. I feel fortunate that we did OK on the sale of the house, considering the flat housing market and the economy, which I think will be heading south soon.

congrats on that..have fun moving..

Congrats on the granddaughter! I hope she lives close enough to spoil often :). It's good to hear from you again.
Thanks and I am so looking forward to spoil rotten every chance I get. She is about 45 minutes away now

because of the rain storm..im getting housework done.in which that includes getting my winter clothes for colder weather cleaned and ready.made sure all battery operated items,oil lamps and lanterns are up to par,just in case we have a power outage..looks like the worst of the storm aint done yet.so i been making sure there's no tree branchs and what ever is on the driveway,just in case we gotta get out quiekly..

Back