Things are changing and not for the better!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of these restrictions are related to living in an area with a Home Owners Association. Never ever buy a place with an HOA. Also when buying land always check to see if there's any restrictive covenants and if the mineral rights come with the land. Most places don't.
The point of this article highlights just how little freedoms and liberty that we have left in this country. And we're losing more every day. Unfortunately most people now days support even more government control over our lives.

Most of these restrictions are related to living in an area with a Home Owners Association. Never ever buy a place with an HOA. Also when buying land always check to see if there's any restrictive covenants and if the mineral rights come with the land. Most places don't.
The point of this article highlights just how little freedoms and liberty that we have left in this country. And we're losing more every day. Unfortunately most people now days support even more government control over our lives.
I got into a discussion (argument) with my boss about HOAs the other day because I think they are stupid. If/when I buy some land, I'll do whatever the hell I want with it. When it comes to mineral rights, that's a whole other story (also stupid) but for a completely different reason. I remember when I was a kid my parents were trying to buy some land, but it didn't come with the mineral rights - when they tried to track down to buy the mineral rights as well, they were owned by half a dozen different heirs of a previous owner who died years ago.

I got into a discussion (argument) with my boss about HOAs the other day because I think they are stupid. If/when I buy some land, I'll do whatever the hell I want with it. When it comes to mineral rights, that's a whole other story (also stupid) but for a completely different reason. I remember when I was a kid my parents were trying to buy some land, but it didn't come with the mineral rights - when they tried to track down to buy the mineral rights as well, they were owned by half a dozen different heirs of a previous owner who died years ago.
When I worked in the oil business these were a lot of angry people that found out the hard way that they didn't own the mineral rights to the land they lived on. Back during the depression people needed money so often times they would sell their mineral rights to raise some cash. Usually the heirs wouldn't know until oil, or other mineral, was discovered in the area. A couple times when we'd move a rig on to their land we'd be met with a shotgun. Nothing they could do about it. They'd get paid damages for the drill pad while the owners of the mineral rights were making a couple hundred thousand a month.
Now days it hard to find a property that includes mineral rights. Many times the seller doesn't even know who owns the mineral rights. I live in a area that has gold and copper deposits. I was fortunate to get the mineral rights on this land. Just be aware when buying land.

no law will survive past SHTF, give it a month or two and it will be all WROL.
That's the only reason I actually might occasionally find myself wishing something would happen. There are just too many damn laws these days - a lawyer named Harvey Silvergate wrote a book called "Three Felonies a Day" that shows how pretty much anything can be deemed illegal under at least one of the thousands of (definitely unconstitutional) federal laws on the books.

Not necessarily the case . If it's a the end of life as We know it then laws as We know them may give way to Vigilantes but the shtf somewhere everyday and life may go on as usual except Law Enforcement may be stretched thin and life may be very dangerous but laws may well be enforced .

I think there will be two types of laws enforced. The law of the jungle and the the Law of the Old West. People with have to make the choice of which one to support.

Not necessarily the case . If it's a the end of life as We know it then laws as We know them may give way to Vigilantes but the shtf somewhere everyday and life may go on as usual except Law Enforcement may be stretched thin and life may be very dangerous but laws may well be enforced .
This is my biggest fear for when SHTF, and it's the scenario I've envisioned in one of my stories. A lot of dystopias are based on this concept.

Latest posts

Back