Theresa May to face vote of no confidence from Tory MPs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Well that BRexit proposal did not go to well for Prime Minister May. Vote of confidence to be held and the projected outlook is not too positive. Of course anything is possible, so we all will get to wait some more to find out if the U.K. is going to be a free nation or a slave nation to the E.U. JM2C

Theresa May to face vote of no confidence from Tory MP
_104746469_832f609b-1383-422f-ad01-0c40db5b71fa.jpg
Image copyrightEPA
UK Prime Minister Theresa May will face a vote of no confidence in her leadership later on Wednesday.

Conservative MPs will vote between 18:00 GMT and 20:00 GMT.

The challenge to Mrs May's position comes after the required 48 letters calling for a contest were delivered.

Mrs May, who has been prime minister since shortly after the UK voted to leave the European Union in 2016, has faced criticism in her party for the Brexit plan she has negotiated.

It is not yet known how quickly the result of the vote will be announced, but Mrs May needs to get a majority in her favour to win it.

If that happens she can not be challenged for at least another year.

If Mrs May does not win the vote there would then be a Conservative leadership contest in which she could not stand.

There is also an option that even if Mrs May won - but not overwhelmingly - she may decide to stand down as party leader.

Because the Conservative Party is the largest party in the House of Commons, whoever is leader of the party would be expected to be prime minister.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46535739

The key will be for the opposition to unite behind a single candidate. Her job will be to keep the factions fighting and keeping her side united. We will see...

she won the vote by 200 votes to 117, which sort of muddies the water, I was hoping she would be defeated so a
leaver could be put in her place(she is a remainer) and we could leave with no deal which is what most leavers I talk to voted for, so did I. no such luck so more dithering and tinkering around the edges by May.
I still don't think she'll get the withdrawal deal through parliament.

I was hoping it was not a trick to keep her in office but it appears she will continue for another year and the deal or no deal will muddle forward.

All these problems started when the Tory party elected a pro remain prime minister to negotiate leaving the EU. She has no intention of us leaving. I still can't understand why we are even negotiating. When we voted the only options on the ballot card was a) Leave or b) Remain. I don't remember seeing a negotiate option.

DP,

She is in delay mode. Delay, muddle, etc. She is like the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. She wants to negotiate a half-in half-out deal. She wants to remain part of the collective EU while satisfying some form of 'leave' (but technically only). She wants to make 'leave' look so miserable that people decide to give up & just stay.

I can only offer my words of encouragement to the British people to stand firmly with their LEAVE vote, and accept nothing less. They need to let the time run out so that there is 'no deal'. They are out of the EU and there are no strings left. Yes, it will hurt short term, but be so much better long term as Europe burns like Paris.

she will never get her deal through Parliament there are too many people against it.
she may be able to satisfy the DUP(northern Ireland) but it still wont be enough to get it through the commons.
we either go with a no deal or a second referendum, and a second vote would be anti democratic and probably wont solve anything as both sides(leave and remain) are still where they were 2 years ago.

If there is a second referendum and the people vote remain there will be enough angry brexiters that they will have to send in the troops to stop them.

If there is a second referendum and the people vote remain there will be enough angry brexiters that they will have to send in the troops to stop them.

I think if they try to have another vote, many who originally voted 'stay' will change to 'exit' just out of spite for a gov't that refuses to do what the people want. Well, I suppose they could also just count votes like democrats with massive fraud.

May is kissing E.U. butt for some reason. The U.K. has the leverage. They have the strongest military, who is going to defend the E.U.? Things will not be as simple for folks visiting other countries but so what, You will have you borders back, your fishing grounds, your immigration laws back and your ability to negotiate your own trade deals.. There is way more to gain than lose. The E.U., bluffing on a massive scale. The U.K, needs to stand tall and stand free. JM2C

UP,

With the way you say that, it reminds me of an old joke. What do you get when you play a country music record backwards?

You get your truck back. You get your girlfriend back. You get your job back...your dog, your hair, everything! I think it'll be the same thing for the UK if they 'no deal' with the EU. Any 'deal' will be the UK making a deal with the devil.

TXF,,

I really, really like your analogy. The U.K. really does need to go back and regain it all. A deal with the E.U. is just like Rogain (hair tonic) it is a patch for a spot going bad, has more side affects than cure but has a lot of marketing trying to sell the idea.

It sounds like you need a British version of Trump. A big 'drain the swamp' election.

The problem BP is pointing out is that May & parliament will likely come to some 'deal' compromise to sell your soul. If they are all 'remain' voters, they will find a way to obey their EU masters and screw their country.

Sort of like when Obama was pushing Obamacare & a handful of dem's were 'holding out'. Sure, right. They just wanted a bit more bribery money.

Latest posts

Back