the place

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
KIMG0187.JPG
KIMG0188.JPG
KIMG0189.JPG

It's warm right now lol.

Attachments

• KIMG0186.JPG
    KIMG0186.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The pic with the furnace is what it looked like up here when I started, only add more clutter and more gross stuff.

Honestly, sometimes I despair. It took 40 years to make this mess. I've cleaned it all twice before. This is the last time. If they can't keep it nice this time, I'm out.

It freaks me out!

The point is to get this whole place back in shape, so it can be someplace people in our group can stay if they hit a bad patch, and one guys daughter can stay when she is town. Like an extra apartment, and a working shop, a nice one.

You know what's on the other side of my wall? The one where the couch sits?

An airplane. All the pieces, frame, controls, rolls of fabric, a complete motor, propellers, everything but the wheels.

All sealed up in an attic space.

Hoarders. Also, some really strange decisions. Who puts a furnace in the middle of a room? And just straight runs the pipes out. Not up and over, lol, right there so you smack your head on it.

That room with the furnace? That's getting the floor sealed, everything cleaned, a wood ceiling, the pipes and electrical rerun out of sight, and a kitchen and washroom put in.

Gaaah lol. Why? What gets to me is no one will help, because the place is in limbo waiting for one son to buy out the other two. In the meantime, no one wants to put any time in it.

Maybe I need to pull some Huck Finn stuff, and trick them.

Still, I don't know where else I can pull an airstream inside to paint it. The cost would be mind blowing, so, still a good deal.

Wow. . . you do have your work cut out for yourself. What I see is a dark dingy room that no daughter is going to want to stay in right now, but I have faith that it can be cleaned up real nice. Guessing no windows in that room. Maybe a light color on the wall would help? Little by little it will get accomplished. The main one who should be helping you is the dad and maybe mom if she is around of the daughter since this will be her space when coming for a visit. Good luck

Looks like this because of drugs and alcohol. Poor HVAC decisions due to same.

Bunch of druggies lived here with one of the sons, about 8 years ago. They let garbage build up, broke the toilet but kept using that area, then smashed holes in the wall and tore out wiring and busted windows when they got thrown out.

The place got locked up and left that way until I moved down. There's two other houses on the property, and three other shops, it wasn't needed.

After the dad passed away, the kids decided it was time to get it cleaned up, and I was moving out of Madison at the same time, so...

The rent is understandably cheap. Some months just labor, some will be more when I buy flooring and the wood for the ceiling.

I'm putting the sink in the Airstream, they can't have it!

The rest of the properties look terrific.
So will this place, but I'm moving into the Airstream in April, regardless. I'm super impatient to get in there.

It freaks me out!

The point is to get this whole place back in shape, so it can be someplace people in our group can stay if they hit a bad patch, and one guys daughter can stay when she is town. Like an extra apartment, and a working shop, a nice one.

You know what's on the other side of my wall? The one where the couch sits?

An airplane. All the pieces, frame, controls, rolls of fabric, a complete motor, propellers, everything but the wheels.

I am glad to hear you say it freaks you out. I don’t do well with disorder and dirt. I would probably go wild cleaning it...get discouraged, focus on one room, make it perfect, and end up living in that one small space.

I can’t believe that they let it get into that state, and still kept on living there. Drugs and alcohol are a heck of a thing.

How are you going to get rid of an airplane?

Where do you haul off just regular ordinary stuff?

Regular, ordinary stuff?

Um, there's a big fire pit, but I can have a fire anywhere if there's no nails or screws.

We have garbage service, but it's shared by all the houses so I can do 3 bags a week . I still have probably 10 bags, just from the room I'm in.

Otherwise I have to sort screws and oddball parts and just kind of arrange it to fit.

This spring the Dodge truck and the mustang should go away, and I'll be able to make some progress, but I'm really not allowed to rent a dumpster and get serious. A lot of the mess contains things like say, a a 38 Packard headlight, and the bolts, but it's all mixed in.

You don't get rid of an airplane. It will be up there when the building falls down.

Unless I buy a flat bottom boat. Then I'll use the engine and propeller and some of the controls, maybe. Otherwise that can stay.

Filthy living conditions... *shudders*

It looks a lot better than when you started!

Thanks. Some more drywall, and I could potentially allow women in here, and still have a chance of banging them. I mean, I could now, just get some beer and weed and I could haul in some skanks, but I'll pass on that. I'd rather wait and bang a classier vintage.

The kind of woman who reads books and knows who Bastiat is, would take one look at this place and beat feet.

Why won’t they let you rent a dumpster and get serious?

I my just makes sense to just start chucking everything and start over.

By the way, I like the way you displayed your Comal.
The first rule of any good kitchen is a Comal... at least in Texas;)

It's a whole weird thing. I can't explain the hoarding mindset, or understand it.

Is it because we were homeless and living in poverty as kids? If so, it didn't affect me that way, although I would say I have tended to seek odd living arrangements all my life.

Once I separate the garbage from the good stuff (a Herculean task) I can get a dumpster, but I'll have to get someone to be with me while I throw stuff away. They know I will be real about what should go.

I would love to go get the rest of the drywall today, but it's not gonna happen. I'll scout around for some decent boards for some built in shelving, I think.

Latest posts

Back