The elderly

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother in law just called me in a panic to tell me her husband is dead. (8years dead). She has dementia but nothing like this. Talking about her son being at dinner (dead 6 years). I called my sister in law on other line so she could hear. She had been off all day, but they left her home alone and went to dinner.

To me this sounds more like a stroke or aneurysm.

They are going to finish eating then go home. She lives with them.

Really not my position to jump in and my husband is traveling with the team until Saturday. I also live in another state. I can't imagine leaving her alone.

I'm finished venting now.

My heart goes out to you. My parents lived 7 hours away, and there was one time I had to just jump in the car and drive there in the middle of the night after a call from my brother in law.

I can't do that because I have a Special son and my own mother to care for.

It would be my husband's job, but he has games every night until Sunday. My SIL is great but I can't imagine leaving her alone when she's acting so out of it.

I have been very fortunate with parents to be able to focus my time on one at a time , . . my dad who passed then hunny's moms, Granny, that has now passed and now can focus on my handicapped elder mom and her 'new' husband who has more health issues than she has, . . . and there is many with her weight issues.

I have been very fortunate with parents to be able to focus my time on one at a time , . . my dad who passed then hunny's moms, Granny, that has now passed and now can focus on my handicapped elder mom and her 'new' husband who has more health issues than she has, . . . and there is many with her weight issues.

Bless your heart.

Thank you Robin, but know that I totally get you on the elder aspect. You have another ball game you play though with your son. I wish I could say I could;d relate but there is no way. That is your number 1 priority. I can tell my mom who just wants me to come take her shopping and we are not talking just the basics. . . she wants to go find nick knacks. . . I can tell her no. . . Right now my main priority is my my goats that are about to deliver. I have one that dropped last year and walked away and another that is going to be a brand new momma. then another that has had issues. 3 years ago had to be pulled, then next
year a babe got stuck and was partially pulled, and last year one healthy and another on brinks of death. .

SIL text when she got home and the doctor told her to bring my MIL in today.

She said she didn't think it was a stroke. I remember when my grandmother had her first and fatal aneurysm , she was talking the same way I heard tonight.

My husband called after game, but I didn't even tell him. He can't do anything and it would just make him upset. We will probably have more episodes like this.

Mom has a habit of stuffing into her pockets the money she is given back as change.

We were shopping and I walk diwn the aisle where she had been standing and pickes up $147 off the floor. There weren't any other shoppers so I asked the worker if he had dropped money. He pointed to mom and said ahe was the only person who had stood there.

I asked her why she takes $100s of dollars just to go to pharmacy. She starts counting her money and I'm guessing she had $500+. I told her she should at least put it into her wallet so it doesn't fall into the ground.

She gave me her famous "look".

Hunny had his doctor visit over in the BIG city this morning. We should be getting a call by Monday with a surgery date for his artificial sphincter. He will also have to have a prostrate study done on the 24th of this month trying g to find out why it is not properly functioning, going back on Apr 8th for results. It's been over a year now so time to get this issue taken care of Once and for all.. . I really hate that we have to drive there and the older I get the less I can take all the traffic and people. Sitting in the 2nd waiting room of the day on the 21st floor, there was a total of 5 of us. . . . All but me, yes including my hunny were sitting there on cell phones. How times have changed over the years. Me, I worked on an afghan throw.

Hunny had his doctor visit over in the BIG city this morning. We should be getting a call by Monday with a surgery date for his artificial sphincter. He will also have to have a prostrate study done on the 24th of this month trying g to find out why it is not properly functioning, going back on Apr 8th for results. It's been over a year now so time to get this issue taken care of Once and for all.. . I really hate that we have to drive there and the older I get the less I can take all the traffic and people. Sitting in the 2nd waiting room of the day on the 21st floor, there was a total of 5 of us. . . . All but me, yes including my hunny were sitting there on cell phones. How times have changed over the years. Me, I worked on an afghan throw.
I was reading about putting off elective surgical procedures in the near future due to the likely hood of the virus overwhelming hospitals. Don’t want to alarm you but is something to consider.
With my wife’s medical issues we are considering locking down here. I’m not so worried for me but would hate to bring it to her. I don’t want to overreact to this bug but don’t want to under react either.

Best to you guys. I hate driving in Nashville. They have outgrown their infrastructure and traffic is not fun.

I was reading about putting off elective surgical procedures in the near future due to the likely hood of the virus overwhelming hospitals. Don’t want to alarm you but is something to consider.
With my wife’s medical issues we are considering locking down here. I’m not so worried for me but would hate to bring it to her. I don’t want to overreact to this bug but don’t want to under react either.
I have talked it over with hunny. . . he knows the risk but is still determined to have the surgery done. I can't blame him one bit.

I have talked it over with hunny. . . he knows the risk but is still determined to have the surgery done. I can't blame him one bit.
I understand and wish you both the best outcome. It is tough to accuracy judge how much risk is involved with this bug. I feel it will be extremely widespread soon and am just hoping it isn’t as bad as many feel.

My father was scheduled for surgary on the 17th. They cancelled his appointment just in case the doctors were needed elsewhere, they weren't They said at his age (90) that he's not important enough to operate on during this "crisis". This is what government run health care looks like.
I am so sorry. . . Sometimes I wish we had a really hate to hear that button.:(

Latest posts

Back