Teenage Prepping?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the teens have come out of the wood works lol. I was a teenager when I realized what was happening and the strategic games that were being played...it's been quite some time since those days but it's hard when others think your nuts...it doesn't get any easier as you get older. You talked about God and maybe you should ask for a window to open or their hearts to be opened. I know that if you present things in a scary way they will definitely run from you. Have you thought about taking archery lessons or even a bow you can make? Sometimes I think about all of the things we have accumulated and to be quite honest the only thing that will save me in the end is my mental strength and faith. Maybe get them interested in gardening, canning..try to think of things that aren't deadly! and when they ask why..just say, " I don't know, I just think it's cool!"
jeepgirl you are so right. It's nice to know though that the teenagers are thinking about this stuff after all they are the future. We may be older than them but it does not mean we are useless. There are so many with much needed skills that need to be nurtured to those youth who want to learn and carry those skills with them to the future. Bows are wonderful for food source as well as protection and they could practice target shooting like I learned in archery class in high school. Camping is a wonderful past time with friends but can also help them to learn basic survival skills which I was taught in girl scouts many moons ago. LOL It was a great experience for me to rough it in the wilderness growing up with my 3 brothers. Never thought the skills I learned in girl scouts would ever come in handy but they did.

Ive figured out a way that i can store stuff such as my bags and canned food and water without my parents finding out until they agree. im gonna dig a spider hole(a 3 foot wide x 8 foot long x 3 foot deep) then you use extra piping or whatever you have to put across the top then a tarp or old blanket over it. then you cover it with dirt but leave a big enough hole so that you can put stuff in and also climb in in case something goes bad. be and my bro are gonna make one for each of us and keep the same supplies in each that way if one is unavailable we can get to the other one.

Storing it under your bed would be easier for you to get to, unless your parents raid your room routinely.

Well this kind of sucks if your parents are not on board. I dont know if this would work for you but what about finding a bug out location close to home. A place you could stock a little supplies or how about a friends house ? Or rent somebody's shed ?

Ive already got a bug out spot and route planned but itll take about 30 minutes to get to on foot so i cant just keep stuff there. and i dont know about any one else but my parents check my room constantly and now were only aloud to have a bed and dresser, so.........

Ive already got a bug out spot and route planned but itll take about 30 minutes to get to on foot so i cant just keep stuff there. and i dont know about any one else but my parents check my room constantly and now were only aloud to have a bed and dresser, so.........

OK, cut out the piece of drywall in the back of your closet and save it. store supplies in the bays then fix the drywall. I wont go into detail just do some research.

I have a bugout location but, like Ghost Sniper said, it takes over an hour to get there on foot. I am getting my license soon though and since, hopefully, I will be getting a job within the next month, I can start saving for a car. I'm thinking as long as SHTF doesn't happen for around a year, I should be okay. But that's the thing, you never know when shits gonna happen.

Do any of you have advice for making a bow and arrow?

I definitely applaud you for being a teenage prepper. I am one myself. And this thread actually made me join this forum. I personally have been pretty fortunate, i was able to convince my parents to get me a .40 s&w pistol for my Christmas present, which was not easy since my mom is a city girl and doesnt like guns. My dad though, was very thankful that i got her interested in firearms, because hes a farm hick who used to get ammo during his drivers ed classes. 2 totally different ends of the spectrum, but somehow it all worked out for me. I dont tell them that its for prepping, but they kinda know based on my conversations with them about where America is headed. As for the fact that your parents dont agree, i am extremely hopeful that they understand that you are just looking ahead and trying to be responsible for your family's well being should something happen. Worst case scenario, you have absolutely no preps, but the fact that you're thinking and have a plan puts you ahead of about 95% of people. As others have stated, dont worry about buying your preps all at once. I had my Bug out Bag given to me as a present, saying it was for "camping trips." Which isnt a total lie. ;) Just keep the long term goal in mind, and buy the bare necessities. I believe another prepper website had some articles on preps and how to tier your buying so that you will eventually have everything you NEED. I plan to begin buying the necessities, such as water, whenever I hit up the store. Just get a gallon of water, or a pack of water bottles. That in it of itself gives you a good start. Water is the first priority in any survival scenario, so I'd tell you to start there. Everyone in this thread seems to be very knowledgeable, and Id suggest taking their advice to heart.

i also am a teen prepper, if you have some questions you can message me, i have sort of the same issue right now, not having a job, until wildfire season

All of the teens have come out of the wood works lol. I was a teenager when I realized what was happening and the strategic games that were being played...it's been quite some time since those days but it's hard when others think your nuts...it doesn't get any easier as you get older. You talked about God and maybe you should ask for a window to open or their hearts to be opened. I know that if you present things in a scary way they will definitely run from you. Have you thought about taking archery lessons or even a bow you can make? Sometimes I think about all of the things we have accumulated and to be quite honest the only thing that will save me in the end is my mental strength and faith. Maybe get them interested in gardening, canning..try to think of things that aren't deadly! and when they ask why..just say, " I don't know, I just think it's cool!"
Jeepgirl sorry I'm so long in replying but I've been away for a week to the Great Smoky Mountains. It was so wonderful to get back to nature even though it was cold as all get out. L OL I think your suggestions to Kolydascope right on the money my friend. You can do this girl just show the interest in gardening and learning to can things and it would give you time with your mom and at the same time accomplish an important need for you and at the same time help the family with food if and when it is needed. I'm going to grow a garden for the first time and start canning and dehydrating lots of foods. You tube has some wonderful videos and really inspired me to do this. Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going. I'm very very new as well but I'm adamant about doing this because I know we are all going to have to be prepared. Hard times are very very near.
http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?members/kolydascope.931/

Smokey Mountains are a beautiful place, did you go to gatlinburg and cades cove at all?

Smokey Mountains are a beautiful place, did you go to gatlinburg and cades cove at all?
tntboy13......yes I actually did. We stayed in Pigeon Forge and went all around there and then to Gatlinburg and I think my son-in-law took me to cades cove. I actually wish I could aford to have a BOL up there in there them mountains. LOL Just a little cabin away from everyone big enough for 2 or 3 people. That would be the perfect life for me. Growing my own garden and hunting wild game.

My family actually owns a cabin in gatlinburg, it would be my go to place as an alternate BOL. its just outside the town, but far enough back on a road that no one really goes down it unless they live there. And I would totally agree with your idea of a perfect life. Another thing I love down south is the acceptance of firearms... In my part of ohio, theres a majority of people who would freak at the sight of a gun...

To any frustrated teenage prepper out there here is my input on a situation where you don't have family support with prepping. I will challenge you to open up to the way of thinking that knowledge is power. Learn what you can about everything you can while there are still libraries and Internet. Knowledge is always ready to bug out with and won't weigh you down. Plus if people try rebuilding a community after a disaster you will be an asset.
Here are some topics you may look into:
Building a water purification system using sand gravel and charcoal
How to make activated charcoal
Look into aquaponics, global buckets
Methane generators/biodigesters(create your own natural gas)
Wind energy horizontal and vertical turbines
There is info on making solar panels solar collectors. Solar ovens
Just things that will give you food water and a way to cook it.
If you have done your research you may just rethink your bug out plan.
I am currently working on doing all the above systems at my home.
You might approach your parents with helping you with a science project instead of prepping. To them that's "normal" for their kid to ask. All the above are great science projects as well as great prepping ideas that all work together, at least for out here in the country.

Oh we love cades cove!!! that area has actually always been in our sites as a great location if we have to bug out! likely not close to Gatlinburg though, its so populated. Del Rio was nice and quite though on our last visit.

Oh we love cades cove!!! that area has actually always been in our sites as a great location if we have to bug out! likely not close to Gatlinburg though, its so populated. Del Rio was nice and quite though on our last visit.
I totally agree with you McLaurin cades cove would be a wonderful place to bug out but it would be way to far for me to go there where I live. When the shtf driving nearly 8 hours will probably be next to impossible depending on what happens.

To any frustrated teenage prepper out there here is my input on a situation where you don't have family support with prepping. I will challenge you to open up to the way of thinking that knowledge is power. Learn what you can about everything you can while there are still libraries and Internet. Knowledge is always ready to bug out with and won't weigh you down. Plus if people try rebuilding a community after a disaster you will be an asset.
Here are some topics you may look into:
Building a water purification system using sand gravel and charcoal
How to make activated charcoal
Look into aquaponics, global buckets
Methane generators/biodigesters(create your own natural gas)
Wind energy horizontal and vertical turbines
There is info on making solar panels solar collectors. Solar ovens
Just things that will give you food water and a way to cook it.
If you have done your research you may just rethink your bug out plan.
I am currently working on doing all the above systems at my home.
You might approach your parents with helping you with a science project instead of prepping. To them that's "normal" for their kid to ask. All the above are great science projects as well as great prepping ideas that all work together, at least for out here in the country.
thanks for the ideas i will start on some of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back