Starting a militia unit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it a good idea to start a militia unit

• 1; yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2; no

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 3; Be careful who you tell / trust

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SH already started HF. It's a little late for OPSEC, unless you already know and trust everyone you will have in your militia. Likely half of of anyone new you recruit will be FBlie agents/informants.
Totally agree with Proud Prepper.. Just be very careful as Conservatives are now the target.

I personally have no use for a militia, and not sure what good one would be either. I think the government would infiltrate any serious militia and crush one that they deem a threat, after they're labeled a "terrorist" organization of course. We aren't going to war with the government, we aren't going to repeal an invasion and there are no zombies. Heck, we're being invaded now and nobody is doing anything about it.

Well girls, the first rule of militia club is don't call it a militia. It's just a group of guys you've known your whole life that you been four-wheeling, fishing, shooting and drinking beer with since grade school. Officially, you love God, dogs, guns, women, kids, brisket, bacon, baked potatoes and paying income taxes. The rest you keep to yourselves.

Am considering starting a militia unit using a rank structure similar to the US Marine Corps for IF & When SHTF / TEOTWAWKI happens.

Do not make the mistake of naming it a militia. You will be targeted and most likely jailed…same way so many J6ers have been. Name it a Local Watch Group or something similar. Never encourage violence and do not go to rallies. That way, you and your group will still be around and active when needed.

EDIT. Sorry Model. Didn’t read your post until after I posted mine. Seems we are on the same page.

A friend and I had this discussion a while back. There is one way to do it that can help change public opinion of militias. Get t-shirts printed with your militia logo and once a week, dedicate 6 hours to helping elderly people. Mow their grass, do their shopping, whatever they need. The word will spread so fast that your militia is one that cares about their community, not just defending their own group. Thats what a militia does, it protects the homeland, not just the homestead. Be a contributing force in your community and you'll be just fine. you may even change some liberal perceptions about big scary militias!

Edit: you don't need your ar-15's to cut grass. Be smart about it. Make people like your group first, allow them time to trust you. Many people think starting a militia will serve as some loophole for a felon to possess a firearm. If that is the purpose, don't bother. People need to trust you, first step is building that trust!

Last edited:
Todays situation is not like 100 or 200 years ago , where citizens could grab their rifles and fight an army and have a realistic chance of winning . Militaries of today with weaponized drones , weaponized aircraft , spy satellites , thermal imaging , tanks and such would easily defeat any good old boys running around with their deer rifles and Ar15's and such . I certainly wish the good old boys had a reasonable chance but as of now can't envision them being anything but dead meat . -- I only prepare to survive , not change the world .

Todays situation is not like 100 or 200 years ago , where citizens could grab their rifles and fight an army and have a realistic chance of winning . Militaries of today with weaponized drones , weaponized aircraft , spy satellites , thermal imaging , tanks and such would easily defeat any good old boys running around with their deer rifles and Ar15's and such . I certainly wish the good old boys had a reasonable chance but as of now can't envision them being anything but dead meat . -- I only prepare to survive , not change the world .
1686758490620.png

Am considering starting a militia unit using a rank structure similar to the US Marine Corps for IF & When SHTF / TEOTWAWKI happens.
What ever you all do, leave the BDU's in the closet. If you go into the woods for training, have everyone wearing Real Tree or Mossy Oak camo. Quickest way to get people in a tizzy is storming around in fatigues...be the grey man.

45. Cheap Uniforms.

Someone donated about 100 various sized Tee Shirts from a failed organization. They are white with red lettering.

We will dye the shirts first in Olive Green. Then we will dye the top of the shirt down to the breast area in Dark green on top of the Olive color, being sure to dye the short sleeves.

Next we will put splotches of Olive Green, Dark Brown and a little tan over the top Dark Green part with the exception of the sleeves. When finished we will have Tee Shirts with definite color patters that we alone will have, and ones that protect our members.

We have inventoried both powdered and wet Rit Dyes and rubber gloves so this can be done upon activation. A simpler way might be to use spray paint for the splotches.

We can take some of the dyed shirts, split them down the middle, and using string turn them into (safety) vests that can be worn over bulky winter clothing.

We have $30 tied up in 100 Tee Shirt uniforms.

You can do the same by buying assorted Tee Shirts at a thrift store because once they are dyed they will all look alike.

Hint: Save the used dye in a large container so later it can be reused as new members wish to dye their own Tee Shirts

I have to agree with this and what @M0del_31 said. For purposes of protecting the homestead and potentially a community when SHTF, it doesn't need to be "a militia". I'd just steer clear of that label like a progressive steers clear of calling themselves a Communist.

You won't win against the government unless the balloon goes up and they are put in the same boat as the rest of us, where technology is useless. If that does happen, your problem won't be the government, but, instead, the lack of it.

Community group, Homestead group....include the women and some things that have nothing to do with guns, instead, focus on general survival techniques, foraging, plant identification, tracking...Skills that would aid in a situation where you might have to be out in the field alone, with limited supplies, for some time. You could even call it a primitive bushcraft group. Even...gasp...Nature, Field and Forestry group.

Last edited:
Myself i wouldn't organise an militia group and never call it an militia group. OK, it's anyway an different sitzation over here, but if someone get you're organising such an group or your group all wear same camo - then you will spend a lot of time to answer a lot of questions in some quiet governments room.
I take it like @poltiregist - i prepare to survive.
But if it's really needed by time to use an weapon to defend my people then i would do this.
But i do like @Oddcaliber 's idea of an kind of social club or neighbourhood. It's an way to etablish your people in an positive way if you like or need it. But i would stay under the radar with everything else until the day x.

Look up the term "Asymmetrical Warfare."

If you form a Neighborhood Watch Group, be careful when you start it.
Plan it for a long-term disaster.

If
not established correctly, the food owners in a community may be adopting all souls living there as well as extended family that may join them later. This may sink your boat.

Suggestions:

1). Guarantee and recognize all food stocks belonging to each household are under that households' control completely, forever. No one else has a right to their food.

2) All agree that when a family begins to run low on food stocks they will move to another house
near the outskirts of the neighborhood.
They will be supported in all manner except food.
That family must take the risks of shopping for their family.

3) If a family wishes to gift food, that is their decision only.

4) Agree that as families move to the outskirts,
other families can move into their homes during the survival period.

5) Therefore, as food runs low, the Preppers with food can consolidate their positions to be neighbored by other Preppers for more stringent protection for the Perppers, while still protecting their struggling neighbors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back