Solar panel and battery

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking into getting a small back packing set up with a small portable set up with a rechargeable battery pack. It isn't expensive, about 140 dollars but I want to know what others think about getting something like this to add to there BOB or GHB.

getting such set-up is a good idea.especily when it comes to flash lights and other items with rechargable battries.and it'd be a pluse if you can use a small 1 or 2 burner electric stove with it..

Hey all,

I'm looking into getting a small back packing set up with a small portable set up with a rechargeable battery pack. It isn't expensive, about 140 dollars but I want to know what others think about getting something like this to add to there BOB or GHB.
You can get a mini 150 peak watt inverter from walmart for $12.00 /a mini 12 volt battery for $19.00 / Then a 15 watt 12 volt solar panel for $60.00 from harbor freight that you can strap rite to the top of your pack to charge your battery while on the move . Coords /wire can all be gotten at walmart or radio shack.

Depends on your means I suppose. Goal Zero is one of the more respected brands. You could make one yourself for half the price, if you feel confident in your abilities, but otherwise, probably best to go with something designed and made by a team of pros with all the caveats in mind....

Well the company was in fact goal zero :p I want to get a nomad 7 and a guide 10. I'm thinking that in the case of a non-emp blast that I could put all my pdf survial books on my tablet and bring that with me and charge it as we go.

If that's your goal, you'd be WAY better off simply getting an e-reader with a solar powered case.

Wasnt under the impression we were talking about premade packages but w/e floats your boat. its just something ive done before and is very easy and cheap.

I was also thinking of using the set up to charge batteries and to use it as a tool. Like: I'll charge your phone for that apple your holding sorta think. I could use the batteries to run flashlights, radios and basically any thing that uses AA batteries. Long term goal is to be as close to self providing as possible for retirement. I'd like to eventually move up to solar panels on the roof and to have some portable solar generators for back ups

Latest posts

Back