SCOTUS hearing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is exactly why we can't believe a witness as to who was there, etc., THIRTY SIX years ago. Especially when previously, she never named or identified Kavanaugh. THAT detail was all Feinstein.

Well, no, that's why you wouldn't necessarily believe me if I made definitive statements as to who was there, etc. That's me and one traumatic occasion. I got no support at all and my family largely pretended that my brother had never existed, so I had nothing to hold on to, no help with remembering or understanding what had happened - everything just faded away. However, people process and remember things in different ways, depending on different factors. Dr Ford may have clear memories about some things and poor or no memories of other things. She may remember laughter and being held down as clearly as I remember putting my horn case on the floor.

Collins is announcing now.
(and it definitely looks to be going to Kav).

And so far, it's a fantastic speech.

Holy crap! She's starting to call out the Dems on how they handled Ford.

EDIT: Yep, she's confirming.

Video: (you don't have to be a FB member)

For anyone here who actually still believes in Ford's accusations against Kavanaufh. . . . Do you or has anyone you know well gone through a personal life changing tragedy? ...don't you think if it was such a personal life changing experience, that person would actually remember certain details even if they had one drink?
I can tell you exactly what happened when we were told about the JFK assassination in 1963. I still remember the teacher's name because a girl who came into the room to tell us about it blurted out "Miss Pritchard! Miss Pritchard!" when she entered the room (the only teacher from elementary school whose name I remember)

I was 11 years old.

Well, no, that's why you wouldn't necessarily believe me if I made definitive statements as to who was there, etc. That's me and one traumatic occasion. I got no support at all and my family largely pretended that my brother had never existed, so I had nothing to hold on to, no help with remembering or understanding what had happened - everything just faded away. However, people process and remember things in different ways, depending on different factors. Dr Ford may have clear memories about some things and poor or no memories of other things. She may remember laughter and being held down as clearly as I remember putting my horn case on the floor.
You also remember some very key facts about that day as would most true trauma victims. You know the date it happened, what exactly your mother said, which meant you knew she was at home with you, about what time it was (sometime before s chool), and you knew you were upstairs when you received the news (my guess was still in bed or getting ready for school)
I am truly sorry to hear about your brother. After I lost dad it was a blur for me too. . . Since I was there at the hoapital, I remember I drove myself home, but I don't remember the drive or if I ate that day of anything. I had 1 memorable phone call but not the conversation with my hunny since he was out of state and only remember 1 visitor but know more stopped by, just can't remember who.
I consider those normal reactions.

You also remember some very key facts about that day as would most true trauma victims. You know the date it happened, what exactly your mother said, which meant you knew she was at home with you, about what time it was (sometime before s chool), and you knew you were upstairs when you received the news (my guess was still in bed or getting ready for school)
I am truly sorry to hear about your brother. After I lost dad it was a blur for me too. . . Since I was there at the hoapital, I remember I drove myself home, but I don't remember the drive or if I ate that day of anything. I had 1 memorable phone call but not the conversation with my hunny since he was out of state and only remember 1 visitor but know more stopped by, just can't remember who.
I consider those normal reactions.

In that case, I'm not sure what your point about 'don't you think if it was such a personal life changing experience, that person would actually remember certain details even if they had one drink?' was driving at.

You say 'remember certain details', i.e. not remembering all details, and acknowledge my experience and your own in remembering some details but not others, yet seem to suggest that Dr Ford should somehow have a much more comprehensive recollection in order to be believable. What exactly is she - or you or I - supposed to be able to remember in order to be believable?

In that case, I'm not sure what your point about 'don't you think if it was such a personal life changing experience, that person would actually remember certain details even if they had one drink?' was driving at.

You say 'remember certain details', i.e. not remembering all details, and acknowledge my experience and your own in remembering some details but not others, yet seem to suggest that Dr Ford should somehow have a much more comprehensive recollection in order to be believable. What exactly is she - or you or I - supposed to be able to remember in order to be believable?
My point is that during a traumatic experience most can remember when, where, what and who at that exact moment. she can not give a date, even narrowing it down to just a couple, a time, how she got home, . . these are things that people tend to remember. She only remembers that laughter and a male on top of her. Where are any facts that could actually give a starting point besides the others she named at the party who all have no idea what she is talking about?
Something did in fact happen to her, just not sure exactly what in this case. I personally think she may have invented some details later on in life, like the reason on having the second door at her house. And I would like to know more about her McLean friend. She 's been involved in some questionable things in her past.

I just thought of the perfect timing for things. So we have a modest red wave next month. Liberals get angrier.

BUT, wait for 2020. November x, election day. Trump get re-elected and gains more seats. Then, on Nov x+2 days, RBG keels over. Talk about the greatest 'congrats' gift she can give America, drop dead and let Trump choose her replacement. Liberal heads will spin off their necks. Senate republicans will need 24/7 SS protection. 10's of thousands will get arrested. It will be bliss!

Not much she can do. If she runs, it wouldn't be until 2022. Reading that article though....man, she's shady! (the Senator). Getting in via a write-in after losing the primary? Previously appointed by Daddy? Man, she's going to regret stepping into THAT spotlight....

Palin dropped a hint that she might be interested.

I can't wait to see polls done after Saturday's vote, in key Senate races. Even though I think any polls are going to be very wrong in even the best of cases here....I do think they will show numbers that will have the Dems running a bit more scared into November....

Pollster Doug Schoen (D) predicted a 30 seat gain for Dems in House. That was today. I don't see it.

I recently saw an interview with RBG and she looked like a hunched up little troll. She had trouble staying awake during the interview too. I can't believe that old witch is still sucking air. From the looks of her we'll be going through this whole process again soon.

During a recent interview she had to be shown what the 14th amendment is.

The left will blow up if gator dies right after Mr. K is sworn in. This is why the Senate needs to stay in Republicans hands, we still have more courts left to fill!

Current status of the Courts

As of September 22, 2018, the United States Senate has confirmed 68 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, 26 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 41 judges for the United States District Courts.

Currently 73 nominations to Article III courts awaiting Senate action, including 1 for the Supreme Court, 10 for the Courts of Appeals, 60 for the District Courts.

My point is that during a traumatic experience most can remember when, where, what and who at that exact moment. she can not give a date, even narrowing it down to just a couple, a time, how she got home, . . these are things that people tend to remember. She only remembers that laughter and a male on top of her. Where are any facts that could actually give a starting point besides the others she named at the party who all have no idea what she is talking about?
Something did in fact happen to her, just not sure exactly what in this case. I personally think she may have invented some details later on in life, like the reason on having the second door at her house. And I would like to know more about her McLean friend. She 's been involved in some questionable things in her past.

So 'most people' remember 'certain details'... and the ones who don't? I couldn't tell you the date of my brother's death; I was there on it, and I've read it dozens of times, but it just doesn't stick - I think it was March or April.

It's exhausting watching this SCOTUS process from outside: two sides, each yelling about the motes in the other's eye.

Latest posts

Back