pickaxe

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
don't know if this is the right place or not..but been thinking to buy a small pickaxe,
something that you can use as a weapon too,so it should be small enough that you can
wield it in that fashion,big and strong enough that you can use way it's supposed to.
any suggestion friends??
know if I want it both ways,it's a compromise...
it must not cost zillions, preferably something for a budget prepper like me ;)

don't know if this is the right place or not..but been thinking to buy a small pickaxe,
something that you can use as a weapon too,so it should be small enough that you can
wield it in that fashion,big and strong enough that you can use way it's supposed to.
any suggestion friends??
know if I want it both ways,it's a compromise...
it must not cost zillions, preferably something for a budget prepper like me ;)
I like the idea your on to here. So many people think they need to spend big money on weapons, that in reality will more likely never be used. Any yard tool can be a defensive weapon, and is functional otherwise. I would check Home Depot, lowes, Walmart and Amazon for sales or competitive pricing. One thing good at lowes is the kobalt brand is guaranteed for life.

1371738794_96.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Knife-30-Inch-Folding-Shovel/dp/B001EIAM5U

This is an awesome piece of equipment.

Check out military surplus as well, I saw a few folding picks and some that had wooden handles with detachable heads. Those are good because you can always make a new handle if/when your original one breaks. The folding ones, of course, pack down smaller so it comes down to what's more important to you in a pick. I carry a 'hawk with a spike on the back that I think should handle any picking tasks I come across, but I really won't have much need for a pick in my area.

thought about buying a hawk with a spike,bought the one without,that was then..sigh,have a small trench shovel,but sometimes the ground is so hard to dig here,that you need a pick too,but don't want to carry something large,have got ideas from you all,thanks for those,gives me more to work with :)

Foto0438.jpg
have to make a trip to get a pick-axe,found a store,I'm only gonna change that shaft,other that that,it's small,portable and light and versatile.

have it,small,will be part of my BOB :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back