Non-standard supplies to stock up on, right when things go south...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
So, food, water, ammo, etc. all a given.

But, there are a lot of things that we'll need that we may not consider.
Things that looters may overlook, but that still may be good to have.

Toilet Paper
Rid X (or similar, if you have septic)
Household Cleaners
Shoes
Socks
Clothes
Bags, Bins, and other Storage
Meds
Cigarettes (good barter item)
Spare auto parts (for your vehicle specifically)
Car Batteries
Building, Electrical, Plumbing supplies
Stabil (fuel stabilizers)
Automotive fluids (oil, trans fluid, etc.)
Spare tires (again, for your vehicle specifically)
Tools
Gardening supplies
Batteries (small electronics, like AA, AAA, D and C cell, etc.)
Alcohol (again, good barter item)
Air conditioning filters (if you are lucky enough to have power, and AC)
Plastic rolls, Tarps, etc. (and tape)
Chains, rope, etc.

Feel free to add more.

all types and sizes of plastic containers.like what peanut-butter and applesauce comes in.their not only good for making ice,and keeping in the fridge and freezer during a outage.but good for keeping/storing stuff in.like nuts n bolts.i use 2 diff ones for doggie treats.
blue ice especially if have a way to freeze it in a shtf situation.
rechargeable lanterns,their not only good for camping,but their good for power outages as well..
oil lamps and lamp oil.great for outages during the winter.seeing how they put out heat.
the plastic spice bottles are good for some things.we have toothpicks in 2 of them..and cinnamon n sugar mix for cinnamon toast in another.and in both situations.all we gotta do.is open,turn upside down n shake it a little.

I recently added more bar soap, shampoo and a bunch of disposable lighters to my pantry. I think a couple more water filters would be a good idea. Soon I'll make a wallmart run and get some more cheap jeans and socks and underware. There are so many things to consider, but just keep trying to get a little more each week or even month. I do like the idea of barter items as there will always be some things you will need, and being able to trade is just smart.

Looking at buying an EXPORT model CB / Ham radio but not sure what to go for, either a President Grant 2 Premium 10 /11 meter AM/FM/SSB unit or a CRE8900V3. leaning wards the President. I need advice on a COMPACT antenna that will cover 10 /11 meter bands.

Why an EXPORT? Wanting something other than a simple dipole? A vertical?

- Jim

A small gasoline powered centrifugal pump. You could pump out a septic tank in a SHTF scenario, if needed. Even without electricity to run water, you can collect water to flush toilets. That could be a huge morale booster. Morale of your clan will be a huge issue, in a real world event.

A small gasoline powered centrifugal pump. You could pump out a septic tank in a SHTF scenario, if needed. Even without electricity to run water, you can collect water to flush toilets. That could be a huge morale booster. Morale of your clan will be a huge issue, in a real world event.
I was thinking a solar powered one might be better. Gas may be a lost luxury one day. I could make ethanol, but have not seen small engines that say it's safe for them.

well,i finally found a store with the type of fuel pour spout for a gas can i have.i got only one of them for now.but will be getting more when i have the money..in which there's a advantage to this.the screw on part,that holds the pour spout on.there's 2 of them.1 back for gas,1 yellow for diesel.i'll take a pic n resize it.then post it,when time allows later

I do like the idea of barter items as there will always be some things you will need, and being able to trade is just smart.

Aren't you pretty much going to be the post SHTF wine store? LOL....

Our SHTF offerings should include (by the end of the next 3 years of the 5 year plan):

Tobacco products
Water
Excess produce
Medical services
Mechanical repair
Clothing/shoe repair
Horse/tack needs and services
Communication services (via HAM, possibly some post SHTF network)
Bio-fuel (maybe)
Shoes (it's weird, but we have a ton of shoes as the result of a weird purchase)
Lodging (since we have a way to make it secure for them and us)

I imagine we'd trade for looted items, info, manufactured items, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Our SHTF offerings should include (by the end of the next 3 years of the 5 year plan):

Tobacco products
Water
Excess produce
Medical services
Mechanical repair
Clothing/shoe repair
Horse/tack needs and services
Communication services (via HAM, possibly some post SHTF network)
Bio-fuel (maybe)
Shoes (it's weird, but we have a ton of shoes as the result of a weird purchase)
Lodging (since we have a way to make it secure for them and us)

I imagine we'd trade for looted items, info, manufactured items, pharmaceuticals, etc.
That reminds me, I want to go get some extra shoes and several pairs of jeans.
As far as trade, I'm a decent carpenter, have some mechanical skills, and will be able to produce more food than needed (hopefully). I guess we will all be more resourceful when needed.

Latest posts

Back