New member looking to move to the greatest country on earth!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spookyduckling

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm new and I'm looking to save my family!

I can't trust my government any more and the only place to move is the USA - the only place that allows a human to hold all their rights and to protect their family! it is the greatest place on earth -and I am so sad its take n me so long to come to this conclusion.

I am looking for anyone to help me to get this started and the best place in the great USA to live with a large pepper community!!!!

lets work together all - we can do this!!

Spooky.

This is one of the biggest decisions you could make . First what type of terrain , temperature range , timbered or open land would you think to be ideal . The U.S. is very different from area to area . My second thought finding a group that would take anyone in may be difficult to find . However with a few dollars you may be able purchase some land and start from scratch with just you and any friends or family that might accompany you .

Last edited:
What poltiregist said...
First decide on a climate, then on whether you like forests, plains, deserts, flatlands, hills, mountains, etc.
Then take a look at the gun laws and COVID mandates in the states (those are indicators for how free they are).
There will be a place somewhere in the US that matches that.

I can't trust my government any more and the only place to move is the USA - the only place that allows a human to hold all their rights and to protect their family! it is the greatest place on earth -and I am so sad its take n me so long to come to this conclusion.

I am looking for anyone to help me to get this started and the best place in the great USA to live with a large pepper community!!!!

Spooky.
Welcome, but don't trust our government either. New Jersey is NOT a state your looking for , 1 more year and my son graduates high school and we're out of this đź’©hole.
It was fun growing up here during the 60's- 70's until 6 flags great adventure built in the next township then the rifraf started to appear 40 years later and it's way out of control

Any decent land is going to be very expensive. Better have at least a million $$ to start with.
I think Texas or the south east would be a good choice.
Needing A million dollars to start may be true in some areas . In others land can be bought for less than $ 3,000 an acre . My family bought land for less than $2,000 an acre and started off living in a tent . Our water source was a creek , where we bathed and washed dishes . Our group now numbers 13 . We now have 3 board and nail houses built on the property and are presently in the process of constructing a 4th. house . A problem I do see though is the present mass migration of people fleeing democrat run states creating high land prices in republican run states . This trend will only multiply as we go into the famine , man made fuel shortages and host of other decrees from our idiots in Washington DC . --- How much money you would need depends on how wimpy an individual or group is . -- I cleared out the land for my present house with an axe , because I couldn't afford a chain saw , Hauled in mortar and cinder blocks to my house site in a borrowed wheel barrow and layed the blocks for my house foundation myself .

I hope you can make it here before the UK locks down again. One thing that may come as a culture shock is that in America there is a lot less importance placed on the community and far more importance placed on individualism. You won't see the collectivist attitude in the states that are free here, so expect to do things yourself. I'm building my 3rd self built house on my farm now, so it can certainly be done. I built my first tiny home with a hammer, hand saw, miter box, and nails. My primary point is that you will need a slight attitude change from "we can do this" to "I can do this".

Spooky.
Cmon over and join the fight!!!! EVENTUALLY we may have someone in Washington with some BALLS!!!

Needing A million dollars to start may be true in some areas . In others land can be bought for less than $ 3,000 an acre . My family bought land for less than $2,000 an acre and started off living in a tent . Our water source was a creek , where we bathed and washed dishes . Our group now numbers 13 . We now have 3 board and nail houses built on the property and are presently in the process of constructing a 4th. house . A problem I do see though is the present mass migration of people fleeing democrat run states creating high land prices in republican run states . This trend will only multiply as we go into the famine , man made fuel shortages and host of other decrees from our idiots in Washington DC . --- How much money you would need depends on how wimpy an individual or group is . -- I cleared out the land for my present house with an axe , because I couldn't afford a chain saw , Hauled in mortar and cinder blocks to my house site in a borrowed wheel barrow and layed the blocks for my house foundation myself .
Sorry to preempt the thread but your comment was too interesting to pass up. First, respect for what you built. It raises two questions for me though.

1 - How did you find the rest of the 13 people?

2 - Were you just in unincorporated part of the county, so you were not prevented from doing the work yourself? Or did you spend all of your money paying off the local cops and building inspector?

Spookyduckling, I am in the US and I do not recommend coming here. We are ready to go into civil war. Have you considered the Gold Coast of Australia? Nice climate, very nice beaches, few people, a long way from the eastern power center of Australia. I have never been there myself but it all looks nice. A neighbor lived there for years and said it was nice.

Opinion: govt and social "climate" are more important factors than physical factors.
You can have the best physical "climate", and you will be totally stuffed if the govt and social climates are not conducive to what you want to accomplish, your background and your modus operandi.

Sorry to preempt the thread but your comment was too interesting to pass up. First, respect for what you built. It raises two questions for me though.

1 - How did you find the rest of the 13 people?

2 - Were you just in unincorporated part of the county, so you were not prevented from doing the work yourself? Or did you spend all of your money paying off the local cops and building inspector?
1st. question - I came from another state with my wife and two kids , Two more older kids later joined up with us on the property , " which is all my kids " . That grew into grandkids , husbands and wives which now total 13 people living on the property in 3 houses that we have built . --- We don't seek members or even want more if they aren't kin . However as I type this there are two families that have rented a house a few miles away that " are here to vacation on our property " . That is not uncommon for people to want to come to the property to spend days or just a few hours . Some travel long distances to get here . ---- 2nd. question - We are in a very rural area . What some call rural we consider the suburbs . The only building code around here is revolving around an approved septic system . You can live in anything you want around here . I heard yesterday about a guy I know that was living in a cave . To the best of my knowledge he has now moved out of the cave .

Last edited:
There are some good points here. Chose your climate, landscape. I prefer to stay out of the big cities. New Mexico has lots of open land, most of the people are concentrated near water. Raw land can be bought for about $1000 an acre, but drilling a water well may cost 20 to 30 thousand! Several of my friends have build off grid cabins off the beaten path, lots of deer and elk for neighbors. I grew up in Texas but now it is too crowded for me, I miss fishing the great Texas lakes.

Sure there is "cheap" land available in some areas. But is the land any good? Is it productive, can it grow anything? Is there water available, how deep are the wells? Are you going to raise any livestock? How many acres per cow will the land support?
On my place my well is 650 ft deep, about $35,000 between drilling, pump installation, generator and buried water lines. It take 20 acres to raise a cow here. I'm 6 miles from power so I had to go with solar. My electric system is close to $100,000 so far. Building materials and labor have skyrocketed. I've got probably $300,000 in my house, $50,000 in the barn, $60,000 in the shop, $40,000 in my fur shed and probably another couple hundred thousand in miscellaneous equipment to keep this place maintained. I've got miles of fencing to maintain, 300-600 new fence posts every year. My road is 2 miles long. I have a tractor with a plow @ $70,000, plus a side by side with snow blower and tracks @ $50,000 just to keep the road open in winter. I add probably 30-50 dump truck loads of gravel each year on the road, it washes out every spring.
Yep, years ago I built my own house too, plus barns etc. Cleared the land by hand and with horses. Plowed the road with horses. Won't do it again. We lived without electric, wont do it again. I've asked my wife to live in a tent and rough it while building, wont ask her again. I've got no problem with anyone who wants to live this way, I've done it, but most people won't.
All I can say is; a person better have deep pockets now days to buy acreage and build.

Ditto on staying away from "Blue" States!

A couple of decades ago, I lived on the west coast of Florida had a 5,000 sf house on over an acre in a like minded community for under $300K...then the East Coasters started moving in. They sold their expensive houses up East and came down to Florida with cash offers (and often no job lined up, which is another story)in droves. The price of real estate as well as the very polite and common sensibilities of the area, took a rapid nosedive.

Something similar has happened more recently as people are fleeing California. People in Montana, Utah, Idaho and Texas are all seeing crazy prices in the housing markets as people from high priced areas like California, are moving in with cash offers. I bought my BOL about a year ago and it was in a bidding war with 8 other offers, but it was a rather unique property!

A million dollars is a bit much for land in Texas as long as you are willing to live rurally. You want to go suburban at one of the city islands of Houston, Austin, Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio...then yes, be prepared to pay 20,000-40,000 an acre. Otherwise, you can find good land for under $3000 an acre even less if you go west of The Hill Country; but, IMHO, and it is just my opinion, I would stay away from west Texas because of drought issues.

When I say good land, I mean, enough naturally occurring rainfall to grow a diverse number of things, even in moderate droughts, soil that renders good crop yields and preferably some type of natural spring water. The more edible plants that just naturally grow on their own, the better!

I see those things as being pretty much the foundation (after location) of any long term prepping plan because you can only store so much food before you will eventually need to be able to replenish your supplies. Additionally, the more naturally occurring forage around, the more large sized game, the more game, the less likely an area is to get hunted out, when given the same population stresses.

One other consideration, growing seasons. In the northern tier, obviously, the closer you get to the Canadian border, the shorter the growing season (beyond temperatures, the days are considerably shorter). Further south, you can grow year 'round, so if you suffer, say a hail storm that destroys your crop, you will be able to plant a new one without skipping a beat, making is so you only have to survive off reserves for only a couple of months rather than 6 or more.

Last edited:
I mention Australia because there is still hope for Australia. Also, you can get away from others there. You can do this in Northern Alberta too but then you run into a problem because of the cold weather.

Latest posts

Back